12%34 Votes
1 (Poor)
43%121 Votes
Total Votes :: 281 Votes

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedOct 25, 2013 2:51 pm
Reading through the feedback of the ex Grand Fantasia GSes, I cannot but help thinking that Shaiya will be going down the same road in a very short while, as the same issues they list in terms of the poor GF management exercised by the Aeria CA office have been manifest in Shaiya EN for quite some time now. The obvious anti-community attitude became quite apparent in regards to the Shaiya GSes about two years ago, and has since spread from the lack of care and intelligent use of the GS team into a general disregard of the Shaiya community.

The measures being taken now by the PMs and GMs to placate the requests and demands of the Shaiya EN community are most likely no more than another case of closing the gate after the horses fled the barn at best. At worst, it is nothing but more window dressing to trick people into sticking around just that little while longer. I could be in for a positive surprise, but given my five years of experience as an Aeria community member, those have been rare in the extreme for the past four and definitely not to be expected.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

cookez

Rank 0
cookez
PostedOct 25, 2013 3:10 pm
i give 4 because sometime in any event GM say it happen (lets say at ch3) then when even come up the start at( ch2) and never change the event they wrote that was in ch3 to ch2 but in general the good to me

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedOct 25, 2013 3:15 pm
Back to a 1 from me now. I'm not stupid enough to believe that me posting my reasons will make you care, but I'll post them anyway. Why? Because I can and the infinitesimally small chance that someone actually reads and cares about the feedback we give, given past experience this points towards no, maybe, just maybe you can improve. Although I do suppose we would have better luck getting blood from a rock than actually getting Aeria to improve. Anyway, enough about me being full on aggressive, onto the reason.

Utter lack of communication from anyone in Aeria. You make community update threads and say you'll release updates every month, and then the next month, no update. The next month, also no update. Rinse and repeat until people stop caring. You did with GF, you did with EE, you did it with SB, and now it looks as if LO will be suffering the same negligence as it has before with lack of updates. Then there's DKO; the things I could say. Sadly, if I was to say many of the things I would eat a ban relatively quickly. Game went on hiatus in April. It is now October, nearly November, and we have not heard anything at all. You basically threw your GM under the bus and let them take the heat while you sit back and twiddle your thumbs. For all we know, you could have killed off the game and decide to bait the community on by saying it's "on hold" because you get your jollies off on that. Don't want us making assumptions? Give us actual answers. We aren't like children who you can distract by showing something shiny.

Grand Fantasia
... yeah see the posts made by other users in this thread and your former GS's who you disgusted to the point of making them quit. Nothing more needs to be said from me on that aspect as I'd just rehash everything they have said. To manage to go about killing it, the utter lack of care that you, Aeria, gives is astounding.

Complete lack of common sense and basic forms of logic. Most of the things we say and complain about don't take much intellect to figure out. Even though I say that, time and time again you have proven that you appear to lack the basic amount of intellect required to make sane decisions. Now, I'm not blaming the GMs as most of the time it's not their fault that they have to make those kinds of decisions. I'm placing the sole blame of that on the upper level people. I'm assuming most of the people who you hire for overseeing these tasks are people with Bachelor's/Master's degrees and probably a plethora of experience in the field, yet they show such terrible decision making that not even a first year college/university student would make. Yes, you need to make money but why have you not figured out the simple equation that: Pissed off players =/= money. The only reason many AP buyers, like myself, continue to buy AP is because we like the game more than we utterly despise Aeria. I suppose that's what you guys are counting on. Make enough games to attract people and then piss them all off and then get off on their hate.

Flagrant favoritism. You relentlessly bash and insult and try to hide those that criticize you and yet those who white knight for you can flame and insult and threaten people all they want and nothing is ever done to them. We even had a GM tell a user who was insulting people for criticizing Aeria's lack of care due to overwhelming evidence that he was doing a good job but to tone it down. What happened to those people who went and pointed this out? Posts deleted, some ate account bans, others gave up. Apparently Aeria doesn't care if someone is violating their ToS, as long as they do it while making Aeria look good.

The website. Fix it. Seriously, fix it. Give the monkeys you have running your website more bananas if that will make it work. Seriously, it's been broken for years. Fix it already.

Who wants to put down some money on when Aeria will take this feedback into consideration and actually change? I'm placing my bets on around the time when they are about to go under. Anyone else want to place a bet? Come on, it will be fun. Although placing the bets may not work if Aeria decides to kill my post or if the website eats it, again.

PeachieBoo

Rank 4
PeachieBoo
PostedOct 25, 2013 3:56 pm
As the ex GSes, soon to be ex GSes and current GSes (actually not sure if we even have any at this point) elaborated their reasons for their low voting, I'll do the same, in hope that it might have a tiny tiny tiny effect on the state of the game or the future management of games here on Aeria.

First of all, GF isn't a new game anymore. The threads and talk about the game being at its dying stage has been going on for like two years, but the game still kept running, with a somewhat up and down active population. I would really like to thank the US GM team for all their hard work, they really did make the game enjoyable for all of us, and it's sad that we couldn't really fully appreciate their awesome work until we got stuck with the EU GM team.

I would have voted 1, but I really think some of the workers here at Aeria are great people, so 2 it is. The reasons for this vote:

EU's management of the GS team;

I find it funny they even put up GS applications today, as they refuse to take any feedback from the GSes. It's clear from the second you click on the GF forum that the community isn't satisfied with the new management. Most feedback from the community, feedback that is requested from the staff side, has minimal to no effect.

The GSes that are actually trying to forward this feedback, constructively, are flat out ignored. I suppose you're not obligated to hear opinions from your GS team, but when the EU team shows clear lack of knowledge, they really should consider opening their minds a bit to the players who are familiar with the game. Aeria, did you really hand over GF to EU, just to have it killed? Could have saved us the false hope.

EU's management of the economy;

As much as people like to think the removal of UGS is the cause of the messed up economy on GF, while it does play a role, I would like to point out that UGS was only kept running for a limited time. We didn't have UGS available for most part of the game, and never has the economy been as messed up as it has been the past weeks. Gold lost its value, and you're seemingly doing nothing at all to help the situation. The prevention of leech runs didn't help the players depending on dungeons for an in-come of gold either.

Then there's the out of the blue decision to make a fortification item AP exclusive. An item that could before be bought for about 300G, is now soooo hard to find, that I wouldn't be surprised if it would sell fast at 15k each.

EtcEtcEtc;

What annoys me the most about this whole situation is that the team is acting like they're doing oh-so-well. Example; issues with the EXP boost, that has been manually added for months now. Claiming it's on, when it's obviously not. Really makes you question whether they know their own game mechanics or not. Seriously, this shouldn't even be a too hard process, learn how to do it, and don't go claiming it's working as intended when it's not, we're not stupid.

Settling into a new game can be challenging. Instead of saying "We got everything under control," while everything being done points at the opposite. Learn the game before taking over, or since it's too late for that now, learn the game once you took over. It's sad that so many qualified GSes stepped down, as you lost one of the best resources you had to learn the game and the community. RIP GF, it has been four lovely years playing this game.

strobava

Rank 5
strobava
PostedOct 25, 2013 4:29 pm
I give it a 3 out 9000
I woulda gave it a 9000 but koie unwisely gave us ogre fistery over marbles.
Life would be so much better with those Da Ji's!
(ahem)
The GM's are doing a good job over all.
There handling there mistakes for DWO in a fairly well timed and orderly manner.
There taking care of that frabbin MMook as best they can.
Only real issues are:
1.do something about the downloader guys.It can be a nightmare for people to get DWO downloaded and installed.
2.we could use a couple more GS-I suggest you look into
Is it not time to add 2 more for the team?
I think we could really use people that are friendly,helpful,and knowledgeable in technical
matters.
For me 2 people come in mind
Chaotic14/Yuno.JY1

and
Blues22475/Glyde.CD1

They are often there to help ,weather it is helping some one who can not get a the downloader
to work,having an in game problem,or just need knowledge or advise/opinion on something.
I really think they can help strengthen the GM with the departures of Yurisaki and masternoob.
Thank you and I hope you will give this some consideration.
what was 3 again?
oh ya.....
I have no marbles

peppe293

Rank 5
peppe293
PostedOct 25, 2013 4:38 pm
I rate a 5 cause of Uptown in Wolfteam. He made it much better then before. He improved the game a lot! I hope that it'll stay like this!

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedOct 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Heh. Voting. You'd think this actually meant something if you hadn't been around a while.

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedOct 25, 2013 5:51 pm   Last edited by fuzz197 on Oct 27, 2013 6:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Most of the points have been made by my fellow ex-GF GSs, but I want to focus on two in particular.

The behaviour of the newest EU GM in GF has been barely anything less than tyrannical. If you're going to move to a different version of a game you can't enfore policies that exist in your previous version in the new one. Especially if it doesnt exist in the new version you're in. I am of course refering to this ban/mute happy activites occuring in GF for the past few days. I've had numerous people tell me about this occurance, and I personally find it appalling that simply conversing in the general chat which is made for talking to people. I fail to see how this is a violation of the ToS in any form, and it violates some invisible rule set that's been put in place it would be greatly appreciated to be put in the forums so we can all see it.

Also, I'd like to see the remaining members of the GF GS team reviewed in the current applications. There are some members who (they know who they are and can feel free to discuss my opinions with me) should no longer in my opinion have tags, and are taking advantage of their position to use it in a very abusive fashion.

tl;dr unimpressed by the EU's recent actions, and some GSs

-Edit:- There have been some things that I've been happy to hear come from the GMs at GF so I bumped up my feedback a smidge.

TopSecret1337

Rank 0
TopSecret1337
PostedOct 25, 2013 6:08 pm
0 - not worth my time to even vote but to post.

DFJShragie

Rank 3
PostedOct 25, 2013 6:35 pm
SF1 population down to 250 from 1000 when you guys got the game.... 'nuff said