43%121 Votes
Total Votes :: 281 Votes

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedOct 25, 2013 3:50 am

Yup

I gave a 2. (I kept trying to find a reason to give you a 2. So I settled for AK coming out soon hopefully.)

Reasons;

GF Community: Wtf. GF died within a matter of 2 months. Seriously. I know I'm not a pro company overlord or anything. But it's not a companies job to just abandon a game. Which is exactly what was done in my eyes. You guys just let another country take over your versions game. So. No.

GF GSes/GSing: So this sucks. GSing is supposed to be fun. And I'll give you clarity on something, while some GSes for games suck in general we do have good GSes and they get grouped together with the bad ones. When you pretty much jump ship on a game the company NOR the community should expect us to stay perky when we know it's going down hill. Which is stressful and makes it depressing after awhile. Specially since some of us actually get told it's our fault for something we have NO CONTROL over. Also, how about opening apps for GF? I mean. There's only a handful of us left. Might as well. Don't get me wrong, GSing for GF was the best times I've had in gaming and I loved it but really. Don't expect volunteers who are still players to just be silent in the madness.

Aerias Recent Layoff: So. You got rid of some GMs who actually gave 2 cents about this company/community. So. GG for that. I don't even. In these past three months you have REALLY went down hill as a company in whole. I realize I probably look like someone who just complains and doesn't know what I'm talking about, but you really need to pay attention to what the community tells you, AGE. Not just set up a feedback poll and never take into consideration what the community is ACTUALLY TRYING to explain to you. Just because we don't get paychecks from you doesn't mean we're stupid and only rant. We can actually make some pretty solid points if you'd just pay attention to it.

Don't set up these polls and then never try to better yourselves.

(Please take note as of now I have stepped down from my position as GS so this doesn't reflect the team in the slightest. Before some of you try to jump on my back over this one.)

Advertisement

masterwinstonx

Rank 3
masterwinstonx
PostedOct 25, 2013 3:55 am

Re: Yup

minahope wrote:
I gave a 2. (I kept trying to find a reason to give you a 2. So I settled for AK coming out soon hopefully.)

Reasons;

GF Community: Wtf. GF died within a matter of 2 months. Seriously. I know I'm not a pro company overlord or anything. But it's not a companies job to just abandon a game. Which is exactly what was done in my eyes. You guys just let another country take over your versions game. So. No.

GF GSes/GSing: So this sucks. GSing is supposed to be fun. And I'll give you clarity on something, while some GSes for games suck in general we do have good GSes and they get grouped together with the bad ones. When you pretty much jump ship on a game the company NOR the community should expect us to stay perky when we know it's going down hill. Which is stressful and makes it depressing after awhile. Specially since some of us actually get told it's our fault for something we have NO CONTROL over. Also, how about opening apps for GF? I mean. There's only a handful of us left. Might as well. Don't get me wrong, GSing for GF was the best times I've had in gaming and I loved it but really. Don't expect volunteers who are still players to just be silent in the madness.

Aerias Recent Layoff: So. You got rid of some GMs who actually gave 2 cents about this company/community. So. GG for that. I don't even. In these past three months you have REALLY went down hill as a company in whole. I realize I probably look like someone who just complains and doesn't know what I'm talking about, but you really need to pay attention to what the community tells you, AGE. Not just set up a feedback poll and never take into consideration what the community is ACTUALLY TRYING to explain to you. Just because we don't get paychecks from you doesn't mean we're stupid and only rant. We can actually make some pretty solid points if you'd just pay attention to it.

Don't set up these polls and then never try to better yourselves.

(Please take note as of now I have stepped down from my position as GS so this doesn't reflect the team in the slightest. Before some of you try to jump on my back over this one.)  

That moment over 80% of the entire GF EN GS team is leaving/left within 2 months and the EU GMs don't even realize it happening.

riemerbeets

Rank 1
PostedOct 25, 2013 4:31 am
According to the current conditions of LC: 1.0

Just get the game work properly please..

mschultz98

Rank 3
mschultz98
PostedOct 25, 2013 4:38 am   Last edited by mschultz98 on Oct 25, 2013 5:18 am. Edited 1 time in total
Lol, after watching Aeria's managerial choices, I couldn't keep silent.

1. EU taking over Grand Fantasia and various other games to come.

It's really not a secret that the California Aeria offices are doing terribly. Horrible promotions, poor managerial choices and quite obviously not listening to your community is your hugest downfall. Grand Fantasia was kept alive by those who extremely cared for it. While as a GameSage, I went through various ups and downs. 2 GM's "left Aeria" during that time, you only replaced one. This GM knew the game inside and out better than most GM's do about their own games. She worked her butt off and accomplished quite a bit in her time at Grand Fantasia. Now that the three GM's are no longer with Grand Fantasia, you put it on the EU offices: a trade of which few knew about before it actually happened. Even while you had CA GM's still "on staff" they weren't really in control of Grand Fantasia. Way to let the community know that the current GM staff couldn't even HELP their old community because the EU office complained. The EU office has NO idea what they are doing, they are rude, and ban happy. I've seen the promotions, how the state of the game truly is: It's CA's offices basically saying "We don't want anything to do with this game so we're going to fling it at this other office."

Or was it because you're financially unstable?

2. GameSages

While I admit, my year and a half on the Grand Fantasia Game Sage team was incredible, management is terrible. We had one GM who hardly cared and played off that he cared a lot, and one who cared more than anything. There were times where we've had GameSages not log in, afk, be rude to the community, and there were heavy favorites. There was a PM who gave out free stuff to some GameSages and it was really uncalled for. I believe that PM was moved to a different team. The current state between GF GS's and their GM's is beyond intolerable. I know you have NO control over Grand Fantasia now, so why lie to them and encourage them to apply.

The game is simply abandoned...don't apply.

3. Promotions

There's a point when inflation simply becomes too much. You want to know why your sales absolutely suck? You are NOT listening to your communities. Grand Fantasia called for fortification items to be placed in the tables and in the item mall. They were priced ridiculously in the mall, for the tiers, way too high to really make any sort of profit. Further, the actual chance of the live gambling system was demolished. Nothing that was actually needed was ever given for a fair price. You targetted the high AP spenders, who while they may give you a little business here and there, you can't depend on them. Vanity items are NOT the hugest thing you can sell. They are good every once and a while, but consistently fairly pricing just those? Listen to your community.

4. Aeria's Layoffs

I'm with Alice. You got rid of some of the best GM's: the ones who literally sweat, cried, and bled for your company and have been utterly devoted since walking into Aeria. I'm highly offended that you chose to turn away the few that have worked for you loyally, when others have bad mouthed you constantly. So your numbers suck, lay off the ones responsible for it, not the ones who kept a game and a community alive. Might I mention that with your numbers and an upcoming release (we all know LO isn't coming out any time soon) that you might've kept the BEST GM's for the new games?

5. Web Issues
I hate seeing the fact that we still get pretty animations while we still see the same issues that have been here for over two years now. It's pretty ridiculous that they can program animations flawlessly, but can't fix a **** bug that everybody complains about. Priorities?

6. Aeria's Lack of Change
You put up these polls EVERY month. You do nothing to change. What is the purpose of these? Seriously. I've been with your company since 2009. Spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, only to get more and more pissed off with how Aeria is run. You listen to nobody but your wallets. So what happens when you finally piss off the ones who loyally spent money for your company? How about Ajani or Elesh, who we all know could probably buy 8 or 9 houses with their AP spending...and they're just gone? Stop continuing to focus solely on just the High AP Spenders preferences. You target one audience, you'll receive only a bare minimum, target everybody and your sales might actually do better. Try going back to college to business and marketing to understand what I mean. You're apparently all apes.

I have defended Aeria multiple times, and honestly with the current events and Grand Fantasia's state, I see no more reason to spend my money here, not even on Aura Kingdom. Are you just going to continue doing the same bull crap, or actually make the difference that the community has been ASKING and BEGGING you for? Unlikely. Very unlikely. These polls are absolutely pointless except for giving everybody here the false likelihood that things might actually change. Stop giving your communities false hope, man up, and tell everybody the truth about things rather than forcing GM's to lie to your communities.

EDIT:
I'd also like to mention the various disappearing helpful posts (one of which, I personally worked on weeks for) in the GF forums. GG.

PeachieBoo

Rank 4
PeachieBoo
PostedOct 25, 2013 4:47 am

EU taking over GF was sad.

xTsuki

Rank 2
xTsuki
PostedOct 25, 2013 5:02 am
You get a 1 from me.

GF is going downhill.
GMTenRing, GM8Bit and GMMokona were the game's pillars, with their recent leave there is no hope for the game.
I am glad I stepped down as GS while GMTenRing was still there and could thus avoid being some sort of EU-puppet. I loved GSing but working with EU is impossible.

Ever since EU took over, things have become beyond horrible:

• Consumables lacking left and right / PM doing a poor job
  • EU not even knowing how the game mechanics work
  • One GS leaving after another
  • GM muting people for no apparent reason or even banning them for using world chat to simply chat
  • GMs barely listening to the community (concerning justified concerns/feedback)
  • Releasing content that shouldn't be released (not working properly/to its full extent)

In all honesty, the GSes and us ex-GSes have provided more than enough feedback, suggestions, explained how things worked, etc. and still there's barely any noticeable change.
As already mentioned, many GSes are stepping down ever since EU happened, and we have barely any left.

The TS have improved I will admit that, they look better than the first ones they did but anything else than that? Nope.

The community is frustrated, the game is dying. Once AK is released we can bid our farewells to GF (due to poor management).

omowole

Rank 0
omowole
PostedOct 25, 2013 5:26 am
I think it is quite necessary that I view this in terms of an improvement and intention standard.(My opinion of course.) I think that Team Aeria has put in significant effort to improve communication between themselves and the players. We all know that communication is one of the most important factors, if not the one that is of paramount importance. I think that Team Aeria has also shown their ability to listen to player feedback and take action based upon the feedback they received. Although, Team Aeria is not perfect, and well, guess what? nothing is perfect, I think that it has taken a significant amount of time to achieve the progress made in these areas. Team Aeria still has a lot to do, and a long road ahead of them, but I am able to take this into consideration and shed light upon these negatives with some great positives.

Therefore, I think it is quite necessary to view this, as if the good, in my eyes outweigh the bad, then they've done good and vice-versa. Based on what I have seen and experienced, I give Team Aeria a 5. From the perspective of a player of both Shaiya OS and Shaiya Phoenix.
'

I am quite sure that there are varying viewpoints, but that is simply the nature of the world.

Best,

Marcus

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedOct 25, 2013 6:13 am
Also FYI another reason why you get a 1.

You should be editing or deleting threads with this type of "title", but no you have to edit people's posts when they discuss fictional characters.

Ps. Harry Potter

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2102523

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedOct 25, 2013 6:31 am

Reason

Gs can mute other without any proof.
Most of the gs never help
Not allowed to have my own opinion

sIink

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
sIink
PostedOct 25, 2013 6:36 am
Sadness for Grand Fantasia, it was my first MMO and i will always have a soft spot for the game, its quirky & unique community and for GM's who have cared about it and done their best.

The recent layoffs at Aeria's NA office are a huge disappointment and makes me wonder what is the decision-making process for it, since it is very clearly not performance-based. To those who were affected, never lose heart and may the next place you work value you for all the wonderful attributes you possess! (You know who you are. ) To those who are still at Aeria and are still awesome, please work on a back-up plan. (You know who you are, too. )

While it is distressing to see Aeria's business suffering, it is not surprising. It's a business like any other, although for players it is frustrating to see some of the troubles not be treated in a way that could benefit both the customers and the company. Each game has its unique needs that absolutely must be understood from the inside-out in order to really make a positive impact on profits and goodwill at the same time. When any single part of that is not met, the end result is declining revenue and, of course, inevitable layoffs.

As for Grand Fantasia, it is sad to see its priority dwindle, whether or not due to an MMO's natural life cycle and/or the shifting of focus toward Aeria's next X-Legend game launch. Anyone who has watched how other games have closed knows the signs and sees the writing on the wall.

Despite this, i am of the opinion that GS applications being reopened today is a good thing, if for nothing else than to allow new people to gain GS experience and help the few remaining GS's who are still on the team and still care to at least be available for players. ...HOWEVER...

To those applying for GF GS positions, please go into it knowing a few things:

• Don't stop making suggestions and informing the GM team of problems just because we know GF won't last forever
  • Don't get discouraged when your suggestions and information may not initiate a change
  • Remember that your attitude with other players can carry a lot of influence--be fair, be kind and have fun, this helps others to do the same
  • Try your best to be inclusive of everyone on the GS team. Cliques--real or perceived--don't help anyone, so reach out and poke each other a lot and encourage teammates to do the same and not exclude themselves

As far as how i know feel about the upcoming release of Aura Kingdom, i mirror the opinions of some friends and this one sums it up quickest:
Economist_X wrote:

You may have actually chased me away from even downloading the NA client for AK, much less sinking all the time and work I was planning on into it.

So uh, thanks for that. I've got better stuff to do with my time anyway.