.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 14, 2013 2:31 am
AKCS v1.70
Simulator >>>>> Fixed bug with Show / Hide Short & Long Build URL design breaking

Simulator >>>>>> Fixed bug with short build urls not being generated. You now have to press a button which disables itself for 20 seconds before you can use it again.

* Above fix is not a guaranteed fix. Proper testing needs to be done before its a 100% sure fix. However, since the implementation is changed now, at least it will generate a URL for you.

For more information on this bugfix, refer to the Aeriagames thread.

==========================

Problem was this:

Everytime people used the simulator, it was trying to access both the database and other information for the URLs. By used, I mean everytime a value was changed. Flood control is enabled and what would happen is that if your short link wasn't built, it was because of a 403 error and that just basically meant that you are trying to add way too many build urls in a very short amount of time.

While its set to 20 seconds, that is not a final value. Its a test value for now. You should be able to create short build URLS though.

i.e this is mine

http://reyva.pw/6t

All I did was loaded up one my saved builds and pressed the generate short url button to get that.

======================

Some may be wondering, with the client out, are there going to be any updates to the simulator as far as data is concerned? We'll see Razz. Expect surprises I guess, but I am not going to spend my entire weekend on this thing.

Advertisement

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 14, 2013 3:49 am
AKCS v1.70a
Eidolon Simulator >>>>>> Teaser >>>> Changed all Eidolon names except the newly added Eidolon from the TW / HK version, Serena

* That means there are two Serenas in the Eidolon simulator!

==============

This is the last thing I was going to do for you tonight. Like that teaser huh? There is more to come than that! I'm pretty sure I got all the names correct. I'll have to double check tomorrow. No change was made to the core files so obviously even though I changed their names in the dropdown list, its still going to say the other names.

==============

At this point, its time to reveal a few things

==============

* Google doc spreadsheets will no longer be updated. I have my reasons and I rather not explain here. The only one that will be active is probably the Level Data sheet

* Wiki will be worked on. By wiki, I mean my own wiki on the site. Another reason the spreadsheets will discontinued. If you think what I do for my simulators is crazy, watch what I do for my AK wiki.

* Another "expansion" to the simulator user interface. This time around, I'll reveal what this one is. "Cooler Select lists aka dropdown menus." No more details than that.

* I think I'm about dead here. I think I'm going to get some assistance. You may see someone else update the simulator or post here updates on my behalf here. Consider this person a long time friend of mine who has a similar set of skills coding/programming wise.

=============

Noticing 404 errors in my server log in regards to short url links. I'll be looking into that @__@.

Did I forget to say something? Oh well, I'm dead tired and whatever it was, it must of not been important.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 2:21 am
AKCS v1.71
Eidolon Simulator >>>> Eidolon expansion. 8 more Eidolons (unreleased) added.
Eidolon Simulator >>>>> Changed Eidolon names in skill data.
Eidolon Simulator >>>>> Changed the About This Eidolon section to what Aeriagames has in their version on the background of the Eidolon. This includes the unreleased Eidolons

*If you select any of the unreleased Eidolons, all skill information will say N/A and no picture of the Eidolon is shown just yet.

* Even though the Eidolon names were changed in the skill data, ACTUAL skill information (Description/Effect) were not changed yet!

====================

Not the update you were looking for? Oh well, thats life. Not exactly easy to get this data and put it in the simulator and if it is easy for that "one guy," waiting on you to post all that information I need so I can copy / paste lolol.

Anyways, this stuff takes time and research. Ain't nothing like plopping in the WRONG information in the simulator.

For those Eidolons not even released on the TW version apparently*even though I don't have a picture of them, I can get one. Takes a little "time and research" to do that. However, in the long run, all the pictures of my Eidolons were going to look different in the simulator / wiki vs me just ripping them from the TW sites.

====================
Educating Newbies
====================
Why add these unreleased Eidolons to the simulator? Because it makes my job/life easier when they ACTUALLY come out. You can say the same thing about the classes in the game.

For example, I am going to add the following classes to the simulator:

Scythe
Katana

Heh, I'm actually surprised to see they are going to add such a class (Scythe). I've been ********* about it my past years where the only MMO that really had it was FFXI and Vindictus. Like to see how that class plays out.

Anyways, when everything is set up and initialized by the simulator, that means all I have to do is just copy and paste my skill data over every time I want to make a "skill data" update and not have to mess with any other code.

In other words, it means I'm on the top of the game and if you're going to complain about "OMG, why did he add classes we don't have yet," then I will just tell you to live with it and make your own simulator without those unreleased classes.

=====================

Feels redundant to repeat this so many times so I'll just add that bit to the first post since 90% read the first post only. Then again............people who get to my site by other means than this forum thread have no idea lol.

So anyways, I just teased what v1.72 will have which is the addition of those two classes. I hope you know that by teasing that you know v1.72 will be nothing special either.

Think I need to take another 4 month vacation don't I? I'm sure people wouldn't mind Razz. Just disappear for a good while and come back and say "sup?" Just playin.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 3:39 am
AKCS v1.72
Character Simulator >>>>> Fixed critical bug with simulator letting you choose your subclass before level 40 and not loading up subclass skills, and prehaps causing bugs with the Envoy Path simulator. One of the functions that did all of the work behind this suddenly stopped working

Character Simulator >>>>> The simulator will not let you choose a subclass if you haven't selected a class even if you meet the level requirements.

================

Critical bug fix release. Apparently, this bug was lingering around for a long time.......infact, I don't know how long its been sitting around and to be honest, I don't know how it happened. For some strange reason, the function named WeaponCheck was not running. The only fix was to name it WeaponCheck2 and it suddenly started working >_______>. Man what a annoying bug. Even removed the WeaponCheck function and the simulator didn't even acknowledge it and every other function in the simulator.

Prehaps I've been too brain dead to notice this as I've been working on other aspects of the simulator.

nilesse

Rank 1
nilesse
PostedDec 15, 2013 3:47 am
Thank you for the option to save several builds Very Happy

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 6:35 am
Heh not a problem. Its a nifty feature that I can't live without.
==========================
AKCS v1.73
Character Simulator >>>>> Added Katana / Scythe classes

Bugfix >>> Heroic Script Simulator >>>> When having a compatible Class / Subclass to show more skills under the special skills section, when the user swapped main classes with another class, those previous class special skills would still be present even if it wasn't a compatible Class / Subclass combo. The function to check for compatibility was added when switching Classes.

Bugfix >>> Skill Simulator >>>> When choosing a compatible Class / Subclass combination to display Class Combo skills and choosing the required Envoy Path skill to unlock that skill, when the user selected another class that was not compatible with the selected subclass, the skill simulator still displayed a glow effect for that last combo skill they had selected. This also resulted in the Class Combo skill summary to display data it shouldn't have been displaying. This same bug may also been present even when choosing another Class that was compatible with the Subclass. Additional code was written so that this issue does not happen anymore

*Katana and Scythe both have N/A for all its skill information.

=====================

Ok another bugfix release. I really need my QA Tester now I think because I'm losing my mind when it comes to testing the simulator. This QA tester is pretty hardcore on the testing aspect so I'll be glad when she rejoins me on this project.

Boy I was pretty annoyed with adding those two new classes.....mainly because it was a headache adding them. But no more headaches for future classes.

I am pretty sure there are no more critical bugs with the simulator. If there is, oh well, I'm about to go take a nap soon so its just going to have to wait.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 3:28 pm
Just letting you know, I'm working on the Envoy Path skills aka Adventurer's Road skills and I've noticed several inconsistencies with some of the skill data. Mainly with the Drop Rate and Exp bonus. Apparently there is a "3rd level" that will give 8% exp / drop rate. Also apparently there are separate healing skills such as P-Healing and G-Healing and I have no idea which one goes to what for now.

There are probably more than that, but I'm just letting you know that skill data is going to change for that. This is one reason why I never like to trust other site's 100% completely with their information. I want a sure bet and not have to rely on others so its a good thing the game is coming out now so I can make adjustments.

For skills in the Envoy Path that aren't out yet in the AG version, those things will remain the same as far as their description and effect.

Yes I'm adding a description field for the Envoy path simulator for skills.

Is it ready yet? No, I've just begun with Katar Envoy Path skills and noticed several inconsistencies with some skills. Don't even know why they didn't keep with the same description for skills like Fleet Foot if the actual effect is going to be Move SPD + 5% for all 3, but whatever.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 5:29 pm
AKCS v1.74
Envoy Path Simulator >>>> Omg, I added a teaser for translation of skill data to what Aeriagames has for their version for Duelist class! Isn't that so cool?

*Skills not added to the AG version just yet have not been changed!

===============

Lol this is going to take a while so I thought I be nice and at least show a teaser of one fully complete Envoy Path class which was Duelist. Like I said, I'd love to just copy and paste things over in 1 second, but thats not how this is working out right now so you gotta be patient.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got everything right and if not, it'll probably be fixed in the future.

==============
Server Crash?
==============
I was aware of that earlier today. I needed to access the simulator to double check on duelist envoy path info and my site wouldn't even load lol. I even had trouble getting in my Cpanel. Had a friend test it for me too and he couldn't get in.

All I can say is that it was just a server hickup. My site can handle many of you on it at once and has in the past, so it was just a hiccup I guess. Checked out my resource usage and barely anyone made a dent on my resources.

Off to gaming.......I'm not wasting my entire day on converting skill data to what AG has in their version.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 15, 2013 9:25 pm
AKCS v1.75
Envoy Path Simulator >>>>> Guardian skill data updated to match Aeriagames version. Fixed Typo in AG version (I guess) with one of the Axe combo skills. Said Dual blades and not Sword.

===========

Ok at this point, I'm probably not going to post again until all are updated. I'm releasing one by one because:

1) I'm lazy
2) I'm lazy
3) I'm lazy

Better than rushing it and doing it all at once and having something in the simulator flip out.

Here is something else to tide you by until everything is done. I was working on this back in November, but never finished it.

My Guardian Wiki Page

Yeah never got around to finishing it up, but at least it shows you I was working on it lol. I'm kinda surprised it stayed like that after I changed the template again, but thats good it stayed like that.

Whats next after Envoy Path update? I dunno, whatever is easier. I was thinking the Class's main skills, but maybe not. Does it really matter as long as something gets done lol?

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedDec 17, 2013 5:01 am
AKCS v1.78
Envoy Path >>> Updated skill data for Bow and Wizard.
Simulator >>> Slightly altered tooltip design
Simulator >>> Hidden/default icon style changed. This change was made to better differentiate between locked and unlocked skills.
Envoy Path >>> Slightly altered design

AKCS v1.77
Envoy Path >>> Updated Axe skill data to match AG version

AKCS v1.76
Envoy Path Simulator >>>> Partially added Katar skill data update to match Aeriagames version. Katar skills are not there yet.

============================

Decided to post sooner than expected since everyone and their mom is non stop posting dropping this thread to whatever page.

Still not done with updating the Envoy Path skills but I'm halfway done. Only 4 left. After its done, I'm going to do one final major code change to how the EP Simulator works. A update 99% of you won't care about, but obviously I will as all I will have to do after that when it comes to adding new classes to it is just copy and paste data into the data file. Code doesn't even have to be touched.

The rest of those skills in the envoy path should be updated later after work today for me.