LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
BubonicPlague,DeathinWarLane United States
PostedOct 01, 2013 9:55 am

To Team Aeria.....

:o
So....how's that

"So You Want To Be a Game Master" video going?

It would be based on (GS)GrisGris's(From Shaiya OS US) So you want to be a Game Sage .....video

GMLeo wrote:
Hmmm...maybe we should ste...I mean uh, "borrow" this idea for a "So you want to be a GM" video...

Why do I ask? It would be immensely helpful, and would clear up confusion...... the kind of confusion that is responsible for certain misconceptions.... well, to think of one, "Ones ability to change in-game content and alter the game in any major way"...

of course this request should not be priority.... not even in the least... there are more important things to be dealt with, however, keeping it in the back of ones mind would not hurt..
Wink

Now that I think of it, I am not sure if this is a suggestion, I just want to know if the idea is feasible.. if not, there would be no reason to post it in the suggestions part of the forum.

Thanks guys Smile
Advertisement

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedOct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: To Team Aeria.....

LoveTeamAeria wrote:
"Ones ability to change in-game content and alter the game in any major way"...  

Not sure they would take the time to record a seven second video, edit and upload it.

Content:
5 seconds of showing the question "Can a GM change ingame content and alter the game in any major way?"
2 seconds of a random person saying "No". With a smile.

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedOct 01, 2013 3:04 pm
I wanna see it! It would be fun Very Happy

And you can take my approach:

1.) Make an outline of what you want to touch on.
2.) Set up camera, lighting and hide all junk in background.
3.) Make some cute cue cards you can see in camera to keep you on track.
4.) Completely toss the well-thought-out outline out the window and just talk like you would to someone around the coffee table.

Sig by TenshiMari<3

LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
BubonicPlague,DeathinWarLane United States
PostedOct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: To Team Aeria.....

billdoor wrote:
LoveTeamAeria wrote:
"Ones ability to change in-game content and alter the game in any major way"...  

Not sure they would take the time to record a seven second video, edit and upload it.

Content:
5 seconds of showing the question "Can a GM change ingame content and alter the game in any major way?"
2 seconds of a random person saying "No". With a smile.  

That is simply one or two examples of possible things that could be included under this, "content" section. There are a myriad of misconceptions, and topics in general, that could be discussed.

Well, guess what? We won't know until it is actually tried, GM style, of course. Smile (But, don't forget GrisGris gets credit too hehe Wink)

GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedOct 01, 2013 4:48 pm
As I said before, I really like the idea. But as you said in your OP, the priority on a project like this is gonna be fairly low.

It's not impossible for it to happen, but right now we gotta focus on the basics. RT, billing resolutions, consistent events, etc. A project like this would help the community understand what it's like to be a GM, but the question would be what additional value would this project contribute toward that understanding? Are there ways we can accomplish that goal in a more efficient way?

We already do this via tickets, forum posts, in-game discussions, etc. It would be really hard to justify dedicating additional resources to a project like this when we're already accomplishing the goals.

My suggestion - continue sharing your knowledge and opinions with each other. Most of you have been around the community long enough to have a fairly clear understanding of what we do. Share that insight with players when you can Smile