spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Getting Tradeable Items?

The stardust gems/shards/bits I pick up are all labelled "cannot be traded/auctioned" etc; indeed most everything except weapns and armour I pick up say that. So where do people get the gems etc that can be auctioned? For instance I have three whole gems and would rather flog them and buy three shards right now, but I can't. I'm stuck with them, and that hurts considering it's so hard to acquire significant quantities of gold; indeed, I am baffled how anyone can afford items costing hundreds or even thousands of GPs, I'm like "ooh, 7GP, can I afford that?" Smile

Anyway, where are the stardusts that can be traded? I thought they might be in the shop, but I can't even see them there.
Advertisement

lorddarthmel

Rank 4
lorddarthmel
PostedSep 26, 2013 3:54 pm
I've seen tradeable gems in the Battlegrounds

Free. Don't make me add the bar again... ->I WIN. Episode 10 Finally!! <-

fr.rodian

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
fr.rodian
PostedSep 26, 2013 3:58 pm
Enhancement gems that can be traded can either be mob drop or quest reward; it is random so no exact mob will give you what type of gem you'll get. As for quests, the quest reward is specified when you make your quest, so you should see what type of gem you'll get.

Tradeable gems can seen by hovering your mouse over the item; it will specify if that gem is tradeable or non-tradeable.

Scarlet Blade-Solaris Free Knights Punisher--Rheinelle Scarlet Blade-Solaris Free Knights Cyberblade--Rodian Ode to The Sentinel--Sworn to avenge, condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, all fear the sentinel--The Sentinel, Judas Priest

Kokuangyou

Rank 0
Kokuangyou
PostedSep 26, 2013 4:58 pm
I think the best way(s) to get tradeable Gems are from BG's (Janus/Turnpike) or dungeon runs. They won't always be tradeable, and their drop is not always guaranteed but again, I think those are the best ways to get them.

spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2013 3:54 am
Thanks for the replies.

In personal terms, I'm now somewhat between a rock and a hard place in terms of dungeon runs and BG. My Punisher is Lvl 27 but I am new to gaming and horribly mishandled levelling up, as I learned the game, wasting upgrades on magic items and I've probably misallocated my skill points. I'm basically rubbish in PvP as a consequence, and haven't a hope in Hard of making it through Bitterstone Core; I can't get past Azrael and the other boss robot thingy by a huge margin. Now I'm 27 and inevitably getting killed costs me a chunk of Exp, I've given up on even trying. But also, I'm too high level for Drasilmarsh, which is too easy and apparently the program knows that so doing a run doesn't produce any significant drops.

I don't blame them for writing the code that way, it makes sense to prevent high level characters "exploiting" easy dungeons for drops, but I'm left feeling a trifle stymied. I think I'd only have a hope in BC with much better armour and weapon, but have not much gold to purchase them or the necessary stardust to upgrade what I have. I'm kicking myself for the error of upgrading a magic gammasbane suit all the way to +6 before realising that's futile unless it's rare as it had zero resale value.

Part of the problem seems to me, naively, that the Punisher hasn't got much battle strategy besides "stand still and keep shooting", so to defeat bosses one needs to simply have the highest attack on every weapon, and the highest possible armour too, since running around and being strategic just isn't possible with this slow moving, slow firing character class.

I have neither. It's kind of frustrating. I wish I'd realised all this before investing so much time getting this far. I can't face the grind of playing a whole new character up from level 1 again Sad

Kokuangyou

Rank 0
Kokuangyou
PostedSep 27, 2013 6:23 am
spoonman222 wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

In personal terms, I'm now somewhat between a rock and a hard place in terms of dungeon runs and BG. My Punisher is Lvl 27 but I am new to gaming and horribly mishandled levelling up, as I learned the game, wasting upgrades on magic items and I've probably misallocated my skill points. I'm basically rubbish in PvP as a consequence, and haven't a hope in **** of making it through Bitterstone Core; I can't get past Azrael and the other boss robot thingy by a huge margin. Now I'm 27 and inevitably getting killed costs me a chunk of Exp, I've given up on even trying. But also, I'm too high level for Drasilmarsh, which is too easy and apparently the program knows that so doing a run doesn't produce any significant drops.

I don't blame them for writing the code that way, it makes sense to prevent high level characters "exploiting" easy dungeons for drops, but I'm left feeling a trifle stymied. I think I'd only have a hope in BC with much better armour and weapon, but have not much gold to purchase them or the necessary stardust to upgrade what I have. I'm kicking myself for the error of upgrading a magic gammasbane suit all the way to +6 before realising that's futile unless it's rare as it had zero resale value.

Part of the problem seems to me, naively, that the Punisher hasn't got much battle strategy besides "stand still and keep shooting", so to defeat bosses one needs to simply have the highest attack on every weapon, and the highest possible armour too, since running around and being strategic just isn't possible with this slow moving, slow firing character class.

I have neither. It's kind of frustrating. I wish I'd realised all this before investing so much time getting this far. I can't face the grind of playing a whole new character up from level 1 again Sad  

If I were in your situation, I probably would just make a new character and go from there. I just think there are more pros than cons to making a new character in your situation. Now that you know some of the basics of the game, leveling your new character shouldn't be as hard as your first. Although I know some people don't like to do BG's, I would recommend them because regardless of a win or a loss, you still get a decent amount of EXP (just make sure you're helping out in some way rather than just sitting there!). You would also know which skills are worth investing and which skills are to be left alone. Also, you could trade all your old gear to your new character so the upgraded magic items won't go to a complete waste. You would essentially have a "fresh" start with better gear, items and gold. Again, that's just what I would do. You're free to do what you please, I'm just throwing in my opinion.

spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 27, 2013 1:43 pm
Kokuangyou wrote:
If I were in your situation, I probably would just make a new character and go from there. I just think there are more pros than cons to making a new character in your situation. Now that you know some of the basics of the game, leveling your new character shouldn't be as hard as your first. Although I know some people don't like to do BG's, I would recommend them because regardless of a win or a loss, you still get a decent amount of EXP (just make sure you're helping out in some way rather than just sitting there!). You would also know which skills are worth investing and which skills are to be left alone. Also, you could trade all your old gear to your new character so the upgraded magic items won't go to a complete waste. You would essentially have a "fresh" start with better gear, items and gold. Again, that's just what I would do. You're free to do what you please, I'm just throwing in my opinion.  

Thanks, advice is always welcome. I am going to soldier on with my ineptly equipped Punisher a little longer. I've been experimenting with "farming" for gold and drops and I'm kind of fond of her, even if she's a bit like that kid at school that nobody wants on their team in football.

I do actually do the battlegrounds, but I don't get much out of them other than dying a lot and my own experience. That's cool; I'm an amateur mixing with hardcore games so I expect to be pwned, really. I think my feeling of achievement when I by chance bag a kill is greater than for people who are used to doing it all the time. I punch the air Smile

I can't help but feel (and may be wrong in this) that the Punisher really comes into her own as a support role anyway. If a few well placed shots can save somebody else under attack, I'm pleased with that.

Anyway, back with the PvE, I'm now kind of interested to see whether my girl can be salvaged and be in a reasonable condition by, say, level 30 or so. I've bought a skill reset code and I'll probably ask for some advice here before using it, so I can attempt to improve her as best I can.

Thanks again, Kokuangyou!