spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Most of My Rank Points Gone... Bug or Feature?

I lost my rank
I am not good at PvP and not done much, but I had about 2700 odd rank points. Today I had a couple of memory chips in my bag, so went to a vending machine and sold them, can't remember the exact values but they were several hundred points each. Then I checked my rank points and it says I have only 447 out of 15600, but oddly the figure on the end of the display bar says 3947. Meanwhile below it, it says I've earned 2002 today, and 5971 this week. Since I've only been playing for a few days, there is only this week to consider. But none of these figures make any sense.

The 3947 seems to be sort of right, I had somewhere over 2000 *before* the memory chip sales because I spent some at the silver machine to get a greeting (1000) and bought three clusterbomb thingies, which are 200 each, so that should be 1600 below the maximum. I've mainly earned them from the memory chip sales, but I think i earned a few from accidentally managing to kill someone in the PvP arenas.

Anyway, I can't figure out what busted me down to 447 all a sudden. That seems IIRC to be less than the value of the memory chips I'd just sold to the vending machine...

Is this a bug, or something I don't know about because I'm a n00b? I'm not normally a MMORPG player, I just thought I'd try this out for the b00bs and found it's actually kind of addictive regardless of the b00bs.
Advertisement

Aureola3114

Rank 2
Aureola3114
PostedSep 22, 2013 10:36 am
You ranked up. That's what happened.

The larger number, 3947, is your overall RP total; the smaller one, 447/15600, is your points out of the next rank. Notice how you should have... a bars next to your name instead of a skull. Your old bar got filled up, you ranked up, and it shows progress towards your new rank.

Don't worry, you didn't lose nothing~

For more information, see here.

spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 22, 2013 10:59 am
Aureola3114 wrote:
You ranked up. That's what happened.

The larger number, 3947, is your overall RP total; the smaller one, 447/15600, is your points out of the next rank. Notice how you should have... a bars next to your name instead of a skull. Your old bar got filled up, you ranked up, and it shows progress towards your new rank.

Don't worry, you didn't lose nothing~

For more information, see here.  

Thanks for the info! I'm still confused though as since I posted, my "Current RP" has now fallen to 3903 and in the yellow bar it says 403/15600.

Does my Arkana lose RP if I get her killed by a Royal Guard or something?

spoonman222

Rank 0
PostedSep 22, 2013 11:27 am
Okay, I found from websearching that getting killed in Caergate loses RP and EXP, so I guess I'd just better stay out of there. I was hanging around there trying to get some kind of angle on PvP, but if practising (i.e. getting killed a lot) costs me points, that's too much of a cost.

As I said above, i'm new to this, and have been trying (and failing) to grasp how other players appear so vastly more powerful than me. My girl is a level 25 Punisher, but it seems as soon as an RG spots me, I may as well just start writing funeral invitations. It's normally over in like 3 seconds of watching her go "uh uh uh", usually unable to even get a return shot off, in a blaze of graphics, before the fally-over-monochrome bit. It's like every mech has a special "kill Labooba" skill.

So anyway, that'll be the cause then Sad

Scrunchie89

Rank 3
Scrunchie89
PostedSep 22, 2013 3:14 pm
Caergate:

You do lose RP from being killed by an opposite faction member, you DO NOT lose EXP from getting killed by the other faction.

Killed by a regular mob/boss, lose exp just like you would in the field. You do not lose RP from mobs or bosses.

As for the RP, you don't start losing your actual RP until level 27, same as the death penalty of losing EXP (unless they changed the RP part, I can't check that).