Apollinarius

Rank 0
Apollinarius
PostedSep 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Pet and Datachip questions

I've been lazy and neglecting my pet but I want to change Smile Before I decide what to do with my pet, there are a couple of questions I have:

1. Can datachips ever be removed and used again? Let's say I give Madfly a datachip, but later get Derpy, can I take the datachip from Madfly and give it to Derpy or is the datachip stuck to Madfly forever? If it can't be taken out to be reused, can it at least be overwritten?
  2. Is it ever possible to get tradeable versions of pets/datachips? I've never seen any on the Consignment Shop or being offered in chat.
  3. How much better are higher level datachips than L1 datachips and how many datachip levels are there?

Thanks!
Advertisement

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedSep 11, 2013 1:27 pm
1. Yes, it's possible to move data chips between your pets. I actually regularly move around a few chips depending on the situation. It's just not possible to sell them or move them to other characters once they've been unlocked.

2. Yes, and there are plenty available in the consignment shop. Where you might be running into trouble is by looking under the Pet tab in consignment. Where you should look to find pets and pet datachips is under the locked items tab in consignment.

3. You can see an example with the Pet Datachip Synthesis Tech in Mereholt, iirc. Though, as for full stats and levels, that will have to wait for someone more familiar with the original release.

Aureola3114

Rank 2
Aureola3114
PostedSep 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: Pet and Datachip questions

Apollinarius wrote:
I've been lazy and neglecting my pet but I want to change Smile Before I decide what to do with my pet, there are a couple of questions I have:

1. Can datachips ever be removed and used again? Let's say I give Madfly a datachip, but later get Derpy, can I take the datachip from Madfly and give it to Derpy or is the datachip stuck to Madfly forever? If it can't be taken out to be reused, can it at least be overwritten?
  2. Is it ever possible to get tradeable versions of pets/datachips? I've never seen any on the Consignment Shop or being offered in chat.
  3. How much better are higher level datachips than L1 datachips and how many datachip levels are there?

Thanks!  

1) Yes. You have to summon your petout, then hit y. Click and drag the chips out of the slots back into your AP tab of your inventory.

2) The Locked Item section of the Auction House contains Pet Datachips. However, make sure you get the ones you want; once you purchase, you cannot use it till you unlock it, and if you unlock it, you can no longer move the item from your character. It's like removing the package of a mail order; you can't use it until you take it out, but once you do, you can't give it to anyone else.

3) As of now there are no higher leveled pet datachips; however, there should be some in the future, as evidenced by the pet datachip synthesis npc in bitterstone base.

Apollinarius

Rank 0
Apollinarius
PostedSep 11, 2013 7:33 pm
Keikain wrote:

2. Yes, and there are plenty available in the consignment shop. Where you might be running into trouble is by looking under the Pet tab in consignment. Where you should look to find pets and pet datachips is under the locked items tab in consignment.  

Silly me, looking for pets and datachips under the... pets and datachips tabs Very Happy

Thanks for the help. Now I'll be able to decide if I should get stuff with AP or with gold. Madfly isn`t going to be useless anymore.