antiseptic00

Rank 0
PostedOct 19, 2013 3:58 am
Maithly wrote:

It just kind of bothers me lol, but do you mean simplified Chinese when you say Cantonese? As a Singaporean you should know that written Chinese does not change whether in Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other dialect, so... lol. Typo?

Also, I can't read traditional Chinese to save my life (except for commonly used words) so trying to read quest lines, item names, stats, etc. in traditional Chinese is really painful for me, especially since I'm highly unfamiliar with how game terms translate into Chinese. They never seem to have simplified Chinese for people like me, huh? TwT  

I don't know where you're from, but nope, there's no typo.
You're the one who don't understand.
There're many different kinds of 'written Chinese' for different dialects
Traditional/simplified Chinese is just the 官話 used by most Chinese.

Local dialect for Taiwan is usually 闽南语 and Hongkong is 廣東話/粤语。
they may look like Chinese characters,
but sometimes the way they sound/mean are different from the normal simplified/traditonal chinese.
(Different parts of China as well)

e.g. in Cantonese,
还没 = 仲未,是 = 系

btw, for games in simplified Chinese, you'll need to find one made by China
Advertisement

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedOct 19, 2013 5:30 am
Maithly wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know how to fix the error that says "(program name).exe is not a valid Win32 application" for the HK client/manual patches if fixing it is possible at all? I first encountered the problem when trying to download the installation directly, so I tried the torrent instead and it worked. The game patched properly and worked perfectly... well, the tutorial had a major graphics bug in it, but I didn't mind since it was just the tutorial. This was about a week ago. I tried the game again today but the patcher kept crashing. I tried manually patching it but the patch refused to open, giving me that Win32 error. I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall using the very same installer I used a week before, but it gave me the same error.

Any help? :c  

Re-dowobload the autopatch, and try again, if it doesn't work i have no clue.

Maithly

Rank 0
Maithly
PostedOct 19, 2013 7:33 pm
antiseptic00 wrote:
Maithly wrote:

It just kind of bothers me lol, but do you mean simplified Chinese when you say Cantonese? As a Singaporean you should know that written Chinese does not change whether in Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other dialect, so... lol. Typo?

Also, I can't read traditional Chinese to save my life (except for commonly used words) so trying to read quest lines, item names, stats, etc. in traditional Chinese is really painful for me, especially since I'm highly unfamiliar with how game terms translate into Chinese. They never seem to have simplified Chinese for people like me, huh? TwT  

I don't know where you're from, but nope, there's no typo.
You're the one who don't understand.
There're many different kinds of 'written Chinese' for different dialects
Traditional/simplified Chinese is just the 官話 used by most Chinese.

Local dialect for Taiwan is usually 闽南语 and Hongkong is 廣東話/粤语。
they may look like Chinese characters,
but sometimes the way they sound/mean are different from the normal simplified/traditonal chinese.
(Different parts of China as well)

e.g. in Cantonese,
还没 = 仲未,是 = 系

btw, for games in simplified Chinese, you'll need to find one made by China  

Ah yeah, totally forgot. The characters are technically the same but different combinations are used to mean different things. Completely flew over my head; I'm just so used to correcting people that I replied automatically without thinking, so this time it was my bad. I do understand, but I honestly wasn't thinking. As for where I'm from, I live in an area with a dense population of Cantonese people but personally I can't speak a word of Cantonese, only 普通话. Stupid mistake on my part.

And I know that only Chinese games would have simplified Chinese, but still. Just venting out personal frustrations since I can never understand anything.

^ Look who screwed up their signature quality and overestimated the size :D whoops I'll get around to fixing it -mutters-

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 20, 2013 9:27 am
After running through the game countless times, and watching PvP to no avail (everyone has every combination of every class T_T), I've decided on a build and am going to test it. Feel free to enjoy and watch as I stream 1 - 50 (if I can get there).

http://www.twitch.tv/passionguild

I promise dragons Wink

Maithly

Rank 0
Maithly
PostedOct 20, 2013 11:15 am
mirukomi wrote:

Manual patch still does not work; successfully re-installed the game but the patcher always gets stuck when loading game.bin and then switches to "Http cannot connect, Waiting to retry download: game.bin...". I've tried this on multiple computers and it gives me the same error every time.

^ Look who screwed up their signature quality and overestimated the size :D whoops I'll get around to fixing it -mutters-

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 20, 2013 11:17 am
Maithly wrote:
mirukomi wrote:

Manual patch still does not work; successfully re-installed the game but the patcher always gets stuck when loading game.bin and then switches to "Http cannot connect, Waiting to retry download: game.bin...". I've tried this on multiple computers and it gives me the same error every time.  

Try this:

Latest HK Client

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedOct 20, 2013 11:29 am
Don't forget to explain the reasoning behind this build Wink

I have to say lifesteal core helped me a lot for this combination of class... Still i like sns/harp better, it's made for no-skills players like me haha...

@Maithly:
manual patch is aside of patcher, you run autopatch and let it close itself, later when you run launcher you still have stuff to dl independently of what the autopatch installed. Well qwasar probably solved your problem anyways.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 20, 2013 11:37 am
mirukomi wrote:

I have to say lifesteal core helped me a lot for this combination of class... Still i like sns/harp better, it's made for no-skills players like me haha...

@Maithly:
manual patch is aside of patcher, you run autopatch and let it close itself, later when you run launcher you still have stuff to dl independently of what the autopatch installed. Well qwasar probably solved your problem anyways.  

I was actually considering SnS/Harp, but I wanted a class to deal more damage with in order to PvP fast as well as tank. I really enjoyed Katar/Harp, but PvE wise it's not that great, its most certainly an excellent PvE class.

Lifesteal is so good though <3

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedOct 20, 2013 1:20 pm
qawsar wrote:

I was actually considering SnS/Harp, but I wanted a class to deal more damage with in order to PvP fast as well as tank. I really enjoyed Katar/Harp, but PvE wise it's not that great, its most certainly an excellent PvE class.

Lifesteal is so good though <3  

sns/harp is good for pve even with crappy gears (considering you don't mind spending ages in hel mode), i didn't like it for pvp, i mean you do no damage unless you + alot you sword.

The combo sns/axe is kind of better for pve than sns/harp, the only hindrance is the gears, you can stay alive with max def and shield wall scripted, still some bosses do so much damage you need full damage + lifesteal to survive... life steal core cost a lot not to mention the lv60 lifesteal trophy. However if equipped correctly with double lifesteal core and trophy, it might be interesting to try out.
I gave up on pvp, axe too powerful as long as freaking pistolero (although they will be tuned down on hk), gunner is still a nuisance also.

Hm, i didn't try katar yet, gonna give it a shot for pve then.

Maithly

Rank 0
Maithly
PostedOct 20, 2013 3:59 pm
mirukomi wrote:

@Maithly:

I'm aware that it's separate. Wouldn't work for me anyway, lol, but thanks anyways. And thank you qawsar, it worked. Smile I can go back to experimenting with my lovely katar character again~

Too bad all instances seem to be broken for me though. The graphics are really screwed up. I'm just forced to rely on spamming tab to target invisible monsters and attack them.