Author Message

lthinkbluel5

Rank 0
lthinkbluel5
Joined
13 Jan 2010
Posts
68
Location
United States
PostedAug 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?

Kevin Luong - Loves to play games all day every day. I AM CATBUG
Advertisement

KacesK

Rank 1
KacesK
Joined
28 Jan 2012
Posts
310
Location
Georgia United States
PostedAug 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  


The attack is good, just don't forget malice/aggro on the defense build. All SSs should hae aggro builded into their class.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3592
Location
NYC United States
PostedAug 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
KacesK wrote:
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  


The attack is good, just don't forget malice/aggro on the defense build. All SSs should hae aggro builded into their class.  


Don't need malice/aggro. Just spam AoE taunt, and AoE attack.

Heck if you lose aggro, it's not even that bad in dungeons for like 5 seconds, it's pretty easy, after all party mode is also meant to be solo'd.

Sword and Shield/Dual Dagger?

You definitely want Def/HP, not Dodge, because SnS is your main, and you have Def passives.

You can either go atk/crit, no point going atk spd, as it doesn't help your main, and your subs CD will be substantially longer regardless.

lthinkbluel5

Rank 0
lthinkbluel5
Joined
13 Jan 2010
Posts
68
Location
United States
PostedAug 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
qawsar wrote:
KacesK wrote:
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  


The attack is good, just don't forget malice/aggro on the defense build. All SSs should hae aggro builded into their class.  


Don't need malice/aggro. Just spam AoE taunt, and AoE attack.

Heck if you lose aggro, it's not even that bad in dungeons for like 5 seconds, it's pretty easy, after all party mode is also meant to be solo'd.

Sword and Shield/Dual Dagger?

You definitely want Def/HP, not Dodge, because SnS is your main, and you have Def passives.

You can either go atk/crit, no point going atk spd, as it doesn't help your main, and your subs CD will be substantially longer regardless.  


I've already considered having HP based on what you said, but I'm having a hard time deciding either ATK or Crit to go with Hp.

Kevin Luong - Loves to play games all day every day. I AM CATBUG

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3592
Location
NYC United States
PostedAug 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
qawsar wrote:
KacesK wrote:
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  


The attack is good, just don't forget malice/aggro on the defense build. All SSs should hae aggro builded into their class.  


Don't need malice/aggro. Just spam AoE taunt, and AoE attack.

Heck if you lose aggro, it's not even that bad in dungeons for like 5 seconds, it's pretty easy, after all party mode is also meant to be solo'd.

Sword and Shield/Dual Dagger?

You definitely want Def/HP, not Dodge, because SnS is your main, and you have Def passives.

You can either go atk/crit, no point going atk spd, as it doesn't help your main, and your subs CD will be substantially longer regardless.  


I've already considered having HP based on what you said, but I'm having a hard time deciding either ATK or Crit to go with Hp.  


I personally go with ATK , because of all the crit passives you can get and gear, but it's really upto you.

rennatavia

Rank 0
rennatavia
Joined
16 Aug 2013
Posts
126
Location
Singapore
PostedSep 02, 2013 9:31 am

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  

its mean when we lv up we get 1 stat point or more? Rolling Eyes

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3592
Location
NYC United States
PostedSep 02, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Character Builds?

I don't know the best way to distribute ATK and DEF points.
rennatavia wrote:
lthinkbluel5 wrote:
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of putting on certain points when a character levels up?

Just curious about what points to put on for certain weapon sets such as Sword and Shield with Dual Daggers. For example, based on superalimx, Attack Speed and Defense seems to be the best for Harp/Grimoire Combo.

Attack Stats such as: Attack/Critical/Attack Speed
Defense Stats such as: HP/Defense/Dodge

What do you guys think?  

its mean when we lv up we get 1 stat point or more? Rolling Eyes  


That depends, I believe the first couple levels you can only put 1 point into:
Attack/Crit/Speed

After which, you get 2 points, but you can only spend 1 point in each of these categories:
Attack/Crit/Speed
AND
HP/Def/Dodge

Later you get more points even halfway through your level.

superalimx

Rank 2
superalimx
Joined
27 Apr 2012
Posts
481
Location
Singapore Singapore
PostedSep 02, 2013 10:04 am

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
Joined
26 May 2008
Posts
2154
Location
london United Kingdom
PostedSep 02, 2013 10:36 am
so ummm stupid question but normally u counter dodge with higher accuracy
so how do we increase our accuracy?

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3592
Location
NYC United States
PostedSep 02, 2013 10:39 am
rinsha wrote:
so ummm stupid question but normally u counter dodge with higher accuracy
so how do we increase our accuracy?  


As far as I know, gear/gems, can't manually put points into it.
This is why the dodge cap is so low.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: