danteska

Rank 0
danteska
PostedSep 12, 2013 7:05 am
What's the difference between this and Steam version?
???

Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz // Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 // GA-970A-UD3 // Corsair xms3 4GB DDR3 1333MHz // BenQ XL2410T 120Hz // Zowie EC1 eVo // SS QcK Mass // Superlux HD668B - IGN: Chandrian
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedSep 12, 2013 7:38 am
danteska wrote:
What's the difference between this and Steam version?
???  

The Aeria version allows you to use your Aeria account....

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedSep 12, 2013 7:57 am

Yay!

This was sought after long before on Aeria and now it's here xD

I could quote the thread but I pretty much remember Superman was like 'I'll look into it', so yay for awesomeness and can't wait to delve into it!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedSep 12, 2013 8:21 am
Couldn't run the game, something to do with my graphic card . Guess it doesn't work with an integrated graphic card, too bad, maybe next one.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedSep 12, 2013 8:52 am
PeachieBoo wrote:
Ignite sucks. Throw it away. Pls.  

^^^^ This. Ignite is such a stupid and useless attempt at trying to keep up with other gaming companies' applications. Why would we need a crappy launcher to hold all our other game launchers - it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how to click on a game's icon to open it. And before someone tries to counter with a "it has exclusive promotions so obviously it's worth something!!!" Aeria did just fine having those exact same promotions and events held on their website. >_>

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedSep 12, 2013 9:23 am
TreishaSempai wrote:
PeachieBoo wrote:

^^^^ This. Ignite is such a stupid and useless attempt at trying to keep up with other gaming companies' applications. Why would we need a crappy launcher to hold all our other game launchers - it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how to click on a game's icon to open it. And before someone tries to counter with a "it has exclusive promotions so obviously it's worth something!!!" Aeria did just fine having those exact same promotions and events held on their website. >_>  

I don't understand why there is so much hate on Aeria Ignite. Right, it had issues when it first came out but its getting better and better. I gotta say that i download AGE games much more quickly thanks to it, it doesn't slow down my machine, i actually like a software to keep everything together. I agree that there should be a few more updates on it so we can actually spend some time on it, as suggested before, a shoutbox application where you can acess the shoutboxes directly on aeria ignite, who knows even a incorporated browser which accesses the AGE website directly, the ability to send rts directly from ignite, etc.

Hopefully they will implement some of those.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedSep 12, 2013 9:29 am
jotasnake wrote:
TreishaSempai wrote:
PeachieBoo wrote:

I don't understand why there is so much hate on Aeria Ignite. Right, it had issues when it first came out but its getting better and better. I gotta say that i download AGE games much more quickly thanks to it, it doesn't slow down my machine, i actually like a software to keep everything together. I agree that there should be a few more updates on it so we can actually spend some time on it, as suggested before, a shoutbox application where you can acess the shoutboxes directly on aeria ignite, who knows even a incorporated browser which accesses the AGE website directly, the ability to send rts directly from ignite, etc.

We have something that can do all that already.

It's called the website.

There is literally no point whatsoever in having such a redundant application forced on us when we can do all of it already in an environment that DOESN'T slow other things down.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:00 am   Last edited by ArcaneSpecter on Sep 12, 2013 10:02 am. Edited 1 time in total

RO2 Review.

Ragnarok Online 2 is an unfinished MMORPG made with very limited resources and managed by a poor locallization team. It doesn't reflect the feeling of the first game, nor does it provide anything I would call 'innovative' or at the very least entertaining, besides some nice-looking character models (unless your character is female, then in most cases you'll see fanservice once you reach Level 25).

It could be WORSE, allegedly, and it did have enough to go by for me to play it for as long as I did, but I seriously recommend waiting a few years for it to become somewhat decent and comparable to its predecestor in any regard whatsoever before trying it.
At the moment, the only prominent feature of the game would be the War of Empireum; a map siege where guilds battle one another. This is priceless if you're not into guilds, since there will be absolutely nothing for you to do once you reach the level cap, besides going into some high-levelled dungeons and trying some PvP.

The cash shop and a lot of the events are poorly planned by what I can only describe as an unexperienced team that, nevertheless, have indeed tried their best at keeping this game running despite the fact it's such a dull experience.

I have reached the level cap, and I seriously do not recommend this game to anyone. If you want to try out the franchise, I'd recommend heading to Ragnarok Online 1, as that's quite possibly one of the most remarkable MMO's I've ever tried, despite its grindy gameplay and lacking quest system.

Alternatively, if you want to try a more modern game by the developers of the original Ragnarok Online 1, Aeria Games will soon(er than Hard freezing over) publish Lime Odyssey, which unlike RO2, is developed and produced by mostly the same team responsible for the first Ragnarok Online, and is widely known as its spiritual succesor.

NecromancerV

NecromancerV
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:01 am   Last edited by NecromancerV on Sep 12, 2013 10:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
A few questions about this game:

1. Does AGE's version have it's own server (like with Age of Conan)? Or is it on a shared server that you can play with others from the different hosts?

2. iRO, the first one, had a special rule that you needed to play as your RL gender and if you did not you would have your account suspended. Does this rule from the first game apply to RO2? and if so it is something that AGE will be forced to adopt/enforce?

3. Even though this is a partnered game, will AGE's GM's have tools that will allow them to do in game events?

PeachieBoo

Rank 4
PeachieBoo
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:03 am
jotasnake wrote:
TreishaSempai wrote:
PeachieBoo wrote:

Or we can use the website, which has all of those features, already. It's usually faster to dl with the official download link, but I'll rather wait the extra hours if needed, if I can avoid getting that crappy launcher on my PC.