Author Message

ccTina

Rank 0
Joined
14 Apr 2011
Posts
49
Location
Scotland United Kingdom
PostedJul 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Something needs to be done(read on)

When you enhance things you have to buy both relics and sgs, the thing is the chances are so low it takes many tries. I have tried to upgrade something from 8 to 9 and it failed 6 times and still has not been upgraded.

How is anyone meant to enhance things without buying ap items? seriously this game looks to be paid to win and expensive to upgrade things

They need to stop messing with chances also get rid of those scam boxes in the shop

we need to be able to buy what we want(like sg 7.8 and 9). This goes for outfits aswell

Does anyone agree with this?

-Zaraphina-
Advertisement

ccForce

Rank 0
Joined
14 Apr 2011
Posts
4
Location
United Kingdom
PostedJul 27, 2013 5:09 pm
The game does not enable to find or gather the items needed to upgade your gear to a high level, at least not the amounts you need to make up for the large number of failed attempts.

The upgrade system should be changed so it cannot fail more than so many times on an item, e.g. keep track of the number of attempts on an item upgrade and after so many tries it will guarantee a success.

You need so many (AP) items to upgrade, relics, safeguards, gems just to have it fail repeatedly. Something needs to change to this system, at the moment it is too expensive to upgrade gear to high levels for casual players, or players that are not in a guild that gets boss drops regularly.

Even buying the AP items with ingame gold means the AP items were bought by someone else.

****

The random boxes should have an equal chance on every possible item in the box, not hidden chances that noone knows, this goes for AP boxes and ingame boxes.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedJul 28, 2013 11:36 pm
ccForce wrote:
The game does not enable to find or gather the items needed to upgade your gear to a high level, at least not the amounts you need to make up for the large number of failed attempts.

The upgrade system should be changed so it cannot fail more than so many times on an item, e.g. keep track of the number of attempts on an item upgrade and after so many tries it will guarantee a success.

You need so many (AP) items to upgrade, relics, safeguards, gems just to have it fail repeatedly. Something needs to change to this system, at the moment it is too expensive to upgrade gear to high levels for casual players, or players that are not in a guild that gets boss drops regularly.

Even buying the AP items with ingame gold means the AP items were bought by someone else.

****

The random boxes should have an equal chance on every possible item in the box, not hidden chances that noone knows, this goes for AP boxes and ingame boxes.  



I certainly agree. 14 attempts to get my weapon from 2-3. I'm not even sure I'll bother to try to get it much more than that. The odds suck only so we are forced to pay their ridiculous prices for ap items.

giljs

Rank 0
giljs
Joined
26 Mar 2013
Posts
30
Location
Salisbury, Maryland United States
PostedJul 31, 2013 4:47 pm
The success rate can certainly be bad sometimes. However, you are missing the whole reason Aeria Games exists. It is a FOR PROFIT company. The way it makes money is by people spending money on AP. The "free" part of the game is really like a free trial offer. If you like the game enough, they hope you will spend money on AP. The game is not intended to be easy at all for players who don't spend.

Whether this practice is right or wrong is irrelevant. It's the way "free to play" games EVERYWHERE are run, and is standard practice. And really, why should Aeria change the game to make any part of it easier for free players? What does Aeria get out of the deal?

They don't even get "nothing", they get more free-loading players who won't spend money, but instead cost them money. That's right, each and every player that plays totally free costs Aeria some small amount of money. It costs money to run the servers, and the more traffic, the higher the cost.

Then there is another consideration. How fair would it be to ME if, after I got all my gear to +10 in the current play environment, Aeria suddenly made it easy for everyone to upgrade their gear? I know that I would be furious, probably enough to stop playing. CERTAINLY enough to stop spending on the game. So in making free players happy, Aeria would enrage the players who ARE supporting the game.

Aureola3114

Rank 2
Aureola3114
Joined
27 Mar 2013
Posts
666
Location
Santa Clara United States
PostedJul 31, 2013 5:35 pm
Success Rates:
+1: 80%
+2: 75%
+3: 70%
+4: 65%
+5: 30%
+6: 20%
+7: 15%
+8: 5%
+9: 3%
+10: 1%

Copied from Ninjakitten's Enhancement guide.

And yes, the rates are Abysmal. But this is how Aeria makes money; you pay money for the SG. Either that or you stock up on gold and shards/gems and prepare yourself for a loooong haul of enhancing.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedJul 31, 2013 5:55 pm
giljs wrote:
The success rate can certainly be bad sometimes. However, you are missing the whole reason Aeria Games exists. It is a FOR PROFIT company. The way it makes money is by people spending money on AP. The "free" part of the game is really like a free trial offer. If you like the game enough, they hope you will spend money on AP. The game is not intended to be easy at all for players who don't spend.

Whether this practice is right or wrong is irrelevant. It's the way "free to play" games EVERYWHERE are run, and is standard practice. And really, why should Aeria change the game to make any part of it easier for free players? What does Aeria get out of the deal?

They don't even get "nothing", they get more free-loading players who won't spend money, but instead cost them money. That's right, each and every player that plays totally free costs Aeria some small amount of money. It costs money to run the servers, and the more traffic, the higher the cost.

Then there is another consideration. How fair would it be to ME if, after I got all my gear to +10 in the current play environment, Aeria suddenly made it easy for everyone to upgrade their gear? I know that I would be furious, probably enough to stop playing. CERTAINLY enough to stop spending on the game. So in making free players happy, Aeria would enrage the players who ARE supporting the game.  


You're assuming that some of us are free-loading. How many people have actually purchased AP items to enhance their gear from 2-3? I suspect none, nor should they have to. Getting it to +10? That's a different story and I would not expect to be able to do that for free. Nor do people actually use ap to purchase shards etc. but to rather for items that help to enhance...just not at lower levels. There still are insufficient drops of slivers,shards etc to be able to enhance considering the number that are actually required. And that is the problem I have with this game and why I most likely will not be continuing.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedJul 31, 2013 6:01 pm
Aureola3114 wrote:
Success Rates:
+1: 80%
+2: 75%
+3: 70%
+4: 65%
+5: 30%
+6: 20%
+7: 15%
+8: 5%
+9: 3%
+10: 1%

Copied from Ninjakitten's Enhancement guide.

And yes, the rates are Abysmal. But this is how Aeria makes money; you pay money for the SG. Either that or you stock up on gold and shards/gems and prepare yourself for a loooong haul of enhancing.  


You actually believe those rates? Especially the ones up to +4? If they were anywhere near accurate it would be almost impossible to use 14 slivers to enhance from 2-3 as I did. Do you need SG and naraks for higher enhancements? sure you do, and I don't have a problem with that. My problem is and has been the incredibly low drop rate of slivers and the inability to get them to work. Don't just say I was unlucky. With those percentages luck would have little or nothing to do with it..at those levels.

MrRaven.

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
MrRaven.
Joined
08 Mar 2013
Posts
522
Location
Jersey City United States
PostedJul 31, 2013 7:24 pm
Cant recall the last time I failed at those low levels. Youre just unlucky.

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
Joined
15 May 2009
Posts
1165
Location
United States
PostedJul 31, 2013 7:34 pm
Yeah, I do believe those rates. I haven't used more than four slivers to +3 in a long time.

As far as higher enhancement goes, past a certain point without safeguards is pretty much flushing money away. I failed at +8 and spent a good hundred or so gold just trying to get back to +6. And that was with a pretty sizable stockpile of gems (it had gotten to the point I had so many large greens I figured I might as well give it a shot... haha, yeaaah, that was dumb).

I really can't afford to go much higher than +6 or +7 with safeguards still at the very least a couple hundred apiece.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedJul 31, 2013 8:55 pm
MrRaven. wrote:
Cant recall the last time I failed at those low levels. Youre just unlucky.  


14 times unlucky? BS. If those percentages were even close to accurate it would be almost impossible to fail that many times.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: