Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedJul 25, 2013 9:50 am   Last edited by Taz on Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm. Edited 4 times in total

Announcing F.E.A.R. Online™!

The newest chapter in the F.E.A.R. saga

Aeria Games proudly presents the newest chapter in the F.E.A.R. saga, F.E.A.R. Online™. head on over and Sign-Up for Beta!

The battle rages between Armacham Technology Corporation (ATC) and the elite F.E.A.R. team parallel to the events of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin™. Players will get to experience cooperative scenarios that detail the terrifying occurrences surrounding the F.E.A.R. team. The acclaimed Soul King mode from F.E.A.R. 3™ also makes a return--possess enemies for new abilities and collect fallen souls.

• Online Horror FPS
    The bloody conflict rages over many spin-tingling locations. Terrify your enemies in many complex maps littered with c͘r͝e҉e͜p̛y̛,̕ gory details. There is no escape from the torturous influence of A̷̢ļm̢҉a and Project Origin.

• Soul King Mode
    Possess your enemies to wreak havoc in the world of the living. Wield their bodies to slaughter your opponents and harvest the souls of the fallen to claim victory.

• Cooperative Scenarios
    Witness never-before-seen events in the F.E.A.R. storyline. Up to four friends can brave the darkness and fight to survive as they discover the fate of the remaining F.E.A.R. squad members parallel to the events of the main story.

Welcome to the F.E.A.R. Online™ forums, don't forget to:

1. Sign-Up for Beta
  2. Stay alert for news, events, and updates on these forums and at F.E.A.R. Online's Facebook page
  3. Respond here to let us know what you find most enjoyable about playing horror games

Advertisement

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:03 pm
The FEAR O.O and basically the adrenaline when something is waiting to pop out and scared you to death.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:04 pm
Signed up.

Game looks really interesting, way diferent from the regular fps we have available on AGE and other publishers. It's gonna be a big hit if managed properly so good luck with it.

Couple of questions:

will the game have a age restriction, 16+ or 18+ since its an "horror" fps game?

Is there an estimate of when close beta may come? I understand you can't give us an exact date but something like, still possible on 3 quarter of the year, or still under heavy developement, something like that would be great to know.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:06 pm
Oh how A̷̢ļm̢҉a has given me the creeps in the past...

time to bring those memories back to life DX

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:14 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Signed up.

Game looks really interesting, way diferent from the regular fps we have available on AGE and other publishers. It's gonna be a big hit if managed properly so good luck with it.

Couple of questions:

will the game have a age restriction, 16+ or 18+ since its an "horror" fps game?

Is there an estimate of when close beta may come? I understand you can't give us an exact date but something like, still possible on 3 quarter of the year, or still under heavy developement, something like that would be great to know.  

Does Age Restriction work? I know that there are plenty of Under-Age Players on Scarlet Blade. Anyway, As you said, the game looks interesting and different from the regular Aeria Games. Hopefully it'll be a smooth release...

LeViperr

Rank 4
LeViperr
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: Announcing F.E.A.R. Online!

The newest chapter in the F.E.A.R. saga
Taz wrote:

Aeria Games proudly presents the newest chapter in the F.E.A.R. saga, F.E.A.R. Online. head on over and Sign-Up for Beta!

The battle rages between Armacham Technology Corporation (ATC) and the elite F.E.A.R. team parallel to the events of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin™. Players will get to experience cooperative scenarios that detail the terrifying occurrences surrounding the F.E.A.R. team. The acclaimed Soul King mode from F.E.A.R. 3™ also makes a return--possess enemies for new abilities and collect fallen souls.

• Online Horror FPS
    The bloody conflict rages over many spin-tingling locations. Terrify your enemies in many complex maps littered with c͘r͝e҉e͜p̛y̛,̕ gory details. There is no escape from the torturous influence of A̷̢ļm̢҉a and Project Origin.

• Soul King Mode
    Possess your enemies to wreak havoc in the world of the living. Wield their bodies to slaughter your opponents and harvest the souls of the fallen to claim victory.

• Cooperative Scenarios
    Witness never-before-seen events in the F.E.A.R. storyline. Up to four friends can brave the darkness and fight to survive as they discover the fate of the remaining F.E.A.R. squad members parallel to the events of the main story.

Welcome to the F.E.A.R. Online forums, don't forget to:

1. Sign-Up for Beta
  2. Stay alert for news, events, and updates on these forums and at F.E.A.R. Online's Facebook page
  3. Respond here to let us know what you find most enjoyable about playing horror games

THIS
SOUNDS
SO
AWESOME

OMGOMG GIB ME INFO

Raaa_

Rank 2
Raaa_
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Should have re launched F.E.A.R Combat instead of this >_<

But me and some of the older fear players will definitely be playing ^ ~ ^

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:20 pm
coduxs wrote:
jotasnake wrote:
Signed up.

Couple of questions:

Does Age Restriction work? I know that there are plenty of Under-Age Players on Scarlet Blade. Anyway, As you said, the game looks interesting and different from the regular Aeria Games. Hopefully it'll be a smooth release...  

I don't think so. I think its basically something to keep AGE away from any legal issues. I'm sure they handle accounts from minors who are playing the game, but how exactly would one proove that some person is underage? Even if they admit it in game, they could easily just appeal and say they were just messing around with another person in chat.

Its like movie ratings, i'm sure a lot of kids have watched 16+ movies, which kid never played GTA lol

Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:29 pm
Q: "will the game have a age restriction, 16+ or 18+ since its an "horror" fps game?" -jotasnake
A: We just recently received an M (17+) ESRB rating, the FEAR website will launch with this restriction and will be age gated.

Q: "Is there an estimate of when close beta may come?" -jotasnake
A: Dates get moved around a lot at this stage so the best I can say is it's currently planned for the later part of this year. Even that is just an estimate.

djodjo57

Rank 5
djodjo57
PostedJul 25, 2013 4:32 pm
I will try that game if gameforge didnt bought all the rights xD