infernape276

Rank 3
infernape276
PostedAug 28, 2013 12:35 pm
The best thing that happened to me this summer was when I was on holiday in Australia. The place is the opposite to Ireland, so it was amazing! I could finally get a tan while wearing factor 50 sunscreen!!! (I got sunburned instead anyway :/) But before that happened, my aunt took me karting. It was... brilliant. I had the wind in my hair, going at speeds of 80kph+, and I was avoiding all the bumbs and bruises i should have gotten! I was thrilled to say the least. I felt like a supermodel because I had an "airbrushed" feeling... turns out I had the fan on in the kart the whole time! The cars were fast. Really fast. If you don't hit someone hard or get hit yourself, you'll be fine the next morning. Otherwise, you'll be like me--sore and hurting. However, I was definitely not whining. I had such a blast; reliving the hairpin turns and thrill of passing someone while I sat on the couch waiting for my body to recover or the ibuprofen to kick in--which ever came first.

This would be a great place to have an outing with anyone that's the least bit competitive. They have a great tracking technology that shows you where you're at during each race, tracks your fastest times, etc. It can get a little bit pricey if you're going with a group of friends, but this is definitely a place to go if you're looking for some high speed, but safe, action.

FYI, its Xtreme Karting... look it up if your in Oz and want an exhilarating experience in karting!

That was the best day this summer.
Advertisement

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedAug 29, 2013 1:18 am
I got to ride the 1880 train here in the Black Hills for my birthday. It was a great way to enjoy the scenery and kill a couple of hours! Very Happy

This is a 2-6-6-2T articulated Mallet that was built by The Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1928 for the Weyerhaeuser Timber Company of Vail, WA. Its next stop was The Rayonier Lumber Company where it received a tender from Rayonier #101 and was retired in 1968. This engine was later displayed at the Wasatch Mountain Railway in Heber City, Utah, and then sold to the Nevada State Railway Museum. The 110 was sold to The Black Hills Central Railroad in 1999, and was trucked from Nevada to South Dakota on four semi-trailers. Restoration on this engine by the mechanical crew of the BHC was completed in the spring of 2001. It is the only 2-6-6-2T Mallet in service in the world.

This is the Locomotive that took us on our journey. All their steam locomotives no longer run on coal but instead use used motor oil.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedAug 29, 2013 7:23 am
Although it isn't much of a narrative, some of my distant family that I haven't seen for some time drove across the country to visit us. Among other things, we went to the Zoo for the kids that were a bit younger and it was overall an enjoyable experience.

2727hello

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 12:27 am

Memorable Moment

I would have to say that my fondest moment of summer was going to Dorney Park. Spending precious time with family while everyone gets to enjoy themselves on amusement rides and attractions. Nothing better than having fun and being with family. Very Happy

Lancaeron

Rank 0
Lancaeron
PostedAug 30, 2013 1:27 am
Work, work, work ... that's what my summer was all about. Confused

BUT!

Since I can't make it back to the nest to spend some wee time with my family, my sister took her kids to me instead. These kids are very close to me ... if they didn't have parents I wouldn't mind having them. XD

Anyway, they spent a few days with me and we went "bikey-cle" (they have their own unique terms) riding in the park (the younger one finally learned how to ride yay!), made "topsy-cles" at home (gumsodaberry flavor, anyone? Surprised), and in-between naps and kiddie activities, they somehow managed to find a way to artistically decorate my walls and floor with their crayons. I dun been abstract'd. Watch out, Picasso!

And then a few weeks ago, I get a video call from them. The two were grinning cheekily, a bowl with two clownfishes swimming in it in front of them. It was my 'prezzie'! They're to take care of them until I finally manage to get away from work and visit. So in the meantime, I gave them names instead.

I called one 'Momo', and the other I dubbed 'Oohwhatchamackallit' (to their squealing delight XD).

guiowner2

Rank 5
guiowner2
PostedAug 30, 2013 10:22 am
    ~My Summer~

This summer I've been working full time at Bombardier as a Summer Student in the Engineering/Designing Team (dream job !). I also got exclusive opportunity to visit the Private Business Jet of Victoria's Secret President since it was a contract I've been working on (chance of a lifetime!) Also, I hanged out with friends during the weekend and trained hard 5 times a week at the Gym and of course played a lot of Soldier Front (favorite game here at Aeria) This summer was awesome Razz

davidkagaoan19

Rank 0
davidkagaoan19
PostedAug 30, 2013 11:52 am

My favorite moment this summer
Well my favorite moment would have to be when...

This summer i went back to My home Town in Manila because i left there for about 2 years and now its time to visit my old friends ,my aunts and uncles and my former schoolmates. It was fun i stayed there for 2 weeks and i did caught up with what was happening with me and my friends.

well it was a fun and amazing summer

broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedAug 30, 2013 2:00 pm
My favorite moment of this summer was when I got to hang out with one of my very close, childhood friends. He was going to go to Boston for college, so I wanted to have a memorable experience with him before he left. It was amazing. We went biking around the city, as well as places of our past, such as our middle school, a park we went to often, and shops where we would eat food. Later in the day, we biked to the beach. It was magnificent! The sun was slowly setting, and the waves were just glistening. We started climbing some rocks, and eventually found a sort of cave place. It was an amazing adventure. We walked the surface of the beach and found shells, many flies >.>, and weird looking sea stuff Razz. At the end of the day, we watched the sun set as we talked about our past, current, and future life. It was definitely a day where I was truly happy. We go to understand one another more than we did before and realized many things we hadn't noticed in the past. We reminisced about our past, and laughed about how things have changed.

Retired

kikirikica1

Rank 0
kikirikica1
PostedAug 30, 2013 2:57 pm
most memorable weekend of this summer for me was attending my friends wedding,...

it was small ceremony with only close family and friends, maybe 40 of us were there,... dinner and after party was held at his parents house in country (only 2 houses on whole hill, so so beautiful),... it was hot day and they trow out some couches in backyard we were sitting on, and we were dancing literally everywhere, even on the street XD i was in charge of wedding dress, that i made, decorations and filming whole thing (they know me well enough not to let me cook),... 1 problem was i hurt my ankle few days b4 and my leg was swollen, so i was the coolest person at wedding in my flip-flops and matching casual outfit XD and other problem is, we discovered, i m more talented as stand-up comedian than film maker, since tooooo many of my funny comments are heard on that movie, + 1 very panicking during ceremony itself: *omg omg battery is blinking, what do i do?!? what do i do?!?*
thank god they are 2 of best people i know and they loved the movie 'cos it was so casual,...

all in all it was best, most relaxed and most fun celebration of love i have ever been to, and i wish them all the best cos they really deserve it,...

abhishek8023

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 11:30 pm
eating mangoes with my youngest cousin sister when everyone sleeping ..