GMZeal

GameMaster: USA
GMZeal
PostedJul 24, 2013 12:28 pm   Last edited by GMZeal on Sep 01, 2013 5:30 pm. Edited 5 times in total

[Paid][Event] Summer of Fun Cooking Contest!

_ ___ _ ___ _ ___ ___ _ ___ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _ ___ _

Three of the GM's favorite entries, along with five random participants will receive 500 AP in the form of an ePin along with a Summer of Fun Badge!

Congrats to the following!
LittlexNeko
KyumixXx
Pandaxkawaii
Lancaeron
Ply4Funt
mucontreras_cj
vladko_belev
Valcyz

( Starts: 08/11/2013 - Ends: 08/18/2013)

Aside from going places, hanging out with friends, and playing games, people tend to forget a big part about having fun: eating delicious food! We're not one to ignore this tasty fact, so we're having a Browser-wide cooking contest! Bake a cake! Flambe a soufle! Make something tasty and include a recipe! Once you've perfected your culinary creation, take a photo of it along with a printout of the Aeria Logo and post it here!

Follow these directions exactly to be sure you qualify!
1. Make something delicious!
2. Take a picture of your dish and include the Aeria logo in the photo! The logo must be a part of the picture, not added in later.
3. Post your entry here! Make sure you include a recipe so that your delicious dish can be recreated by others!

EVENT STARTS: 3:00 pm PDT 08/11/2013
EVENT ENDS: 3:00 pm PDT 08/18/2013

• No exceptions for participation outside of the set time frame will be given. Sorry!
  • You may not use multiple accounts to participate.
  • Must provide your entry before the deadline specified.
  • Nothing inappropriate!
  • No cheating allowed.
Advertisement

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedAug 11, 2013 6:42 pm   Last edited by skull12580 on Aug 14, 2013 6:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total
How original are you looking for this? I do believe in a similar contest for a different game a long while ago, someone did white rice. Would something like that be acceptable?

Edit:
I decided to do tacos. They are pretty simple, but still delicious.

Directions: Cook ground beef or ground turkey until all pink is gone while stirring occasionally. Drain the meat in a strainer under hot water to reduce the grease that may have accumulated when cooking. Add flavoring, about one cup of water, and the now cleaned meat to the pan. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. Serve with toppings and sides in a taco shell of your choice. (I personally like soft taco shell, cheese and salsa topping, and regular Lays chips on the side. )

Arentula.

Rank 3
PostedAug 12, 2013 7:23 am
Great! Lets make some 'Aeria' made eggs & bacon.. and, CHOCOLATE?

-

AeriaPlease...

Rank 0
PostedAug 12, 2013 10:10 pm
I love you! but i am not sure if i can post my picture with that icon

Please aeria , This is my stupid account , please just let me talk to you , Its impossible to forget you... Only once?

Ply4Funt

Rank 0
Ply4Funt
PostedAug 13, 2013 10:06 pm

An Almost Typical French Toast

My entry for this cooking contest
I made a simple and typical homemade breakfast, french toast

http://imgur.com/n85a6FS

As for the recipe, it's not like I have anything special added to it but here's a summary:

Ingredients:
1. An egg (1 should be enough)
2. 2 loafs/slices of pillow breads
3. Some butter
4. Cooking Oil
5. Some salt
6. Store-bought Ketchup (Optional)
-You usually use milk with the egg but I didn't

How to make An Almost Typical French Toast:
1. Break and beat an egg on a plate with a spoon then sprinkle some salt on it
2. Put some cooking oil into a frying pan on a stove and turn on the heat and let it heat up
2a. You can also use butter as a substitute for oil
3. Slap the loaves/slices of breads into that plate, flip them and coat them on all sides
4. Place them on the frying pan, frying and flipping them with a spatula or
5. Serve them on a plate and apply some butter and tomato ketchup if you want
6. As for the taste... it's... quite alright

(I tried using the tomato ketchup to draw the words 'aeria Browser',
didn't turn out all that well though)

mucontreras_cj

Rank 0
mucontreras_cj
PostedAug 14, 2013 12:08 am   Last edited by mucontreras_cj on Aug 15, 2013 1:05 am. Edited 2 times in total

Eating Cake

Cake
Chocolate Cake, With Chocolate Everywhere my favorite Cake.... i hope like it...

Account Name: mucontreras_cj
IGN: Çαяłσş
Server: Cerberus

Img of Cake:

Ingredients
4 oz (120 g) semisweet dark chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
5 eggs
¾ cup (165 g) sugar
½ cup (1.2 dl) vegetable oil
1 cup (2.4 dl or 110 g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons (0.45 dl) water

Ingredients for Glace and Frosting
12 oz (350 g) apricot jam
2 tablespoons butter
7 oz (200 g) semisweet dark chocolate (40-50% cocoa)

Method

Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C) and grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin, lightly dust with flour.
Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with the water in a double boiler (over hot water).
Separate egg whites and egg yolks. With an electric mixer whisk the eggs whites until forming stiff peaks, add gradually half of the sugar while mixing.
In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar for one minute using the electric mixer. Add gradually the vegetable oil, one tablespoon at a time, whisk well between each time oil has been added. Add the melted chocolate and mix well. Transfer to the bowl containing the whisked egg whites.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, add vanilla extract. Fold everything carefully together using a spoon or a rubber spatula.
Transfer to the cake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
Leave the cake to cool in the tin, it is recommended to place it into a refrigerator for at least one hour before slicing. When completely cold, remove the top of the cake, and slice the cake through the middle to make two layers.
Use half of the jam to sandwich the two layers together. Coat the torte thinly with the remainder of the jam. If possible, wrap the cake with plastic and put it into the refrigerator for 1-3 days before adding the chocolate icing.
Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter in a double boiler (over hot water).
Let the mixture cool to room temperature, and spread it evenly over the torte.
Place the torte in the refrigerator to harden the frosting.

Variations

If you prefer a thicker apricot jam filling, add more jam between the two layers; you can also add some gelatine to the melted jam if you want a more jelly-like filling. You may also use your preferred chocolate frosting.

GMZeal

GameMaster: USA
GMZeal
PostedAug 14, 2013 4:26 pm
skull12580 wrote:
How original are you looking for this? I do believe in a similar contest for a different game a long while ago, someone did white rice. Would something like that be acceptable?  

Good question!
At Aeria, we appreciate it when we receive quality content. That being said, you are free to submit anything you'd like. If you feel that if you can be proud of it, so can we.

XsnipergirlX

GameSage: Soldier Front
XsnipergirlX
PostedAug 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Dough Recipe Good enough for 1 pizza.

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (or can use instant)
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Turn dough out onto a well floured surface for easier forming/shaping/so dough does not stick to fingers.
Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favorite sauce (typical tomato sauce) and toppings and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.

Toppings Used:

1 Cup of Tomato Sauce
1 Package of Bacon. (Pre-fried on the stove on medium heat)
1 Tomato
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Cup of Grated Cheese

*If would like crunchy crust spread olive oil with a pastry brush all around the edges/bottom of the pizza pan before putting the dough on top.

Was fun making it :O

Lancaeron

Rank 0
Lancaeron
PostedAug 15, 2013 8:16 pm   Last edited by Lancaeron on Aug 17, 2013 4:54 am. Edited 1 time in total
So I made chap chae (Korean stir-fry) this morning. Smile

A good friend taught me how to cook this back in college. She told me that no independent young man doesn't have at least one stir-fry dish in their repertoire.
So this here is the "[Lazy] Bachelor's Chap Chae".

You'll need:
  • 8 ounces of Korean glass noodles
  • 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
  • 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 1 medium-sized carrot, julienned
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1 chicken breast fillet, cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds

What you'll do:
  1. Get a large pot of water, bring to a boil, and cook the noodles there for 5 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
  2. While waiting, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
  3. Heat a pan and put the olive oil on it. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic and onions in it until the onions start becoming translucent. Add the chicken breast chunks, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, go drain those noodles like a boss and rinse with cold water, then toss it with the sesame oil ... so they don't stick together.
  5. Add the noodles into the pan and pour the sauce mixture on it. Then add the spinach and stir-fry until most of the sauce has been absorbed by the noodles.
  6. Turn off the heat and transfer the noodles to a plate / bowl. Garnish it w/ whatever you want (in this case, I used sesame seeds and very thin strips of some leftover scrambled eggs), then serve with your secret ingredient*.

Serves 2 normal peeps. Serves 1 very hungry bear.

NOTES:
This is my version. If you decide to try it, adjust the ingredients according to your taste.
* Serve it with lotsa love and it gets infinitely better Wink

EDIT: Whoops forgot something.

Pandaxkawaii

Rank 0
Pandaxkawaii
PostedAug 16, 2013 9:30 am

Not many foods I can cook so I made jello.

Directions:

1. Add four cups of water to a pot then turn on the heat and place the pot on the stove
2. Add the almond flavor gelatin dessert mixture while stirring and bring to a boil
3. Once it has been brought to a boil turn off the heat
4. Add two cups of milk and stir well (I also added a teaspoon of sugar, but it's optional)
5. Pour the mixture into a bowl or cups and let it cool
6. When the mixture has cooled then place it in the refrigerator
7. Cut up some fruit and jello afterwards place the fruit on top of the jello to serve