Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2013 12:56 pm
Superman has 8 Alts

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:01 pm
marksteele wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

- Gamesages having names such as grapesage or things like that, i honestly think that looks ridiculous and kinda makes the program seem a bit less of a serious program.

Depends on your interpretation of the program. To me, the program shouldn't be serious. GS's are JUST and only JUST players. They are given something that stands out so players know where they can go for help. Doing things like renaming tags, although it might be slightly confusing, makes GS's much more approachable to new players. It also makes them see a lot less elitist, and that is always a good thing.  

Well I agree with jota that the program should be taken a little bit more seriously. The names I can say they don't cause that much harm as they're all in good fun. Honestly though one thing to add to this, they still do need to re-evaluate the program as a whole. I count more infractions of immature people joining the fray who weren't even old enough to be a GS in the first place. There are also instances of people be-befriending staff which leads them to becoming a GS without having to go through the application process, and I already count two members who fit that category. There are also highly inanctive members of the GS community, and I'd suggest keeping tabs on them like every 3 weeks or so and if they're inactive without response kick them unless they had informed you that they were going to be inactive. In my department there's so many people who are inactive it's pretty ridiculous. The sad part is I was told to "post more" to show that I was active at the time of being a GS, to make up ground for the GS's who were doing nothing at all.

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:01 pm
1. You know why.

EndymionKamen

Rank 0
EndymionKamen
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:02 pm   Last edited by EndymionKamen on Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm. Edited 2 times in total
The State of the Shaiya GS Program is in disarray.

There have been no new GSes since Fall of 2012.

Every time they open up applications about 2-3 months later, they are closed down, leaving many wondering why they bothered to put in application if they are simply wiped out.

Lack of GSes on both Shaiya EN and Shaiya PHX where there are only a handful, while it seems like they are dropping like flies with very little GSes for coverage and a lot of players asking for or demanding for one.

Lack of communication it seems of GMs to GSes or support for them. Being told they have to buy name changes if they want a name changed since they get free AP. When before it was not an issue.

A case of in fighting it seems among the GSes. A case of a GS acting as a GS Manager, when that GS is not a GM at all period. The GS should not be acting as if they are in charge of the program, but work with their team.

Giving a 1. If I could vote 0, I would have.

AquaCrayola

Rank 0
AquaCrayola
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:03 pm
Never had to experience with Aeria's support so idk what to say there. However from other peoples feedback support doesnt have a consistent reply time and i hate that. I feel like aeria just has good games other than that not really any different from other publishers. I gave it a 3

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Voted a 1.

Already said what had needed to be said. Can't believe it took some till now to realize it.

~Lil_Kizuna

riemerbeets

Rank 1
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:12 pm
LoveTeamAeria wrote:
marksteele wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

- Gamesages having names such as grapesage or things like that, i honestly think that looks ridiculous and kinda makes the program seem a bit less of a serious program.

Depends on your interpretation of the program. To me, the program shouldn't be serious. GS's are JUST and only JUST players. They are given something that stands out so players know where they can go for help. Doing things like renaming tags, although it might be slightly confusing, makes GS's much more approachable to new players. It also makes them see a lot less elitist, and that is always a good thing.  

Agreed  

Gamesages should be quite important for the game, because they should be the one who are always helping (new) players around and stuff like that. You didn't became gamesage to troll around and change your name into SmexyHero123 or so..
An appropriate name doesn't show they are l33t, it's just decent, everyone (also those new players) would take them more seriously with it.

I agree with jotasnake

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:22 pm
riemerbeets wrote:
LoveTeamAeria wrote:
marksteele wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

Agreed  

Gamesages should be quite important for the game, because they should be the one who are always helping (new) players around and stuff like that. You didn't became gamesage to troll around and change your name into SmexyHero123 or so..
An appropriate name doesn't show they are l33t, it's just decent, everyone (also those new players) would take them more seriously with it.

I agree with jotasnake  

learn what the issue is before you comment. It isn't the names changing, just the tags. For example a GM renamed ZiggyIsGrape: Gamesage - SF2 to ZiggyIsGrape: GrapeSage - SF2

It's not like anything inappropriate is happening. Plus the only one who can change the tags are GM's so they would have to approve the name

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedJul 24, 2013 1:29 pm
4/5

For the browser team on Aeria, they are doing great with events and community interactions.
Can not comment on the downloaded games section because I do not play any as none of the current titles interest me.

Wall of text inbound.

I do have a suggestion for marketing though. There has been a pretty large lack of promotions going on besides the once in a blue moon 500 AP Coupon from a game release or such. While these are pretty awesome it isn't very often they occur nor do they help/encourage larger AP purchases. Just buy $5 in AP and get 500 for free, no need to buy more. So maybe making a better coupon for buying AP, Keep the 500 AP coupon as it is but also add a % based side of it for larger purchases, e.g. buy $50 or less of AP and the coupon gives a 500 AP bonus, buy more than $50 of AP and it turns into a 10%-20% Bonus AP coupon depending how much you're buying. This will encourage players to do larger purchases rather than just a $5 one to get the 500 AP; and for the players who can only do $5 once in awhile, the coupon stays a great benefit to.

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist