Firesorce

Rank 2
Firesorce
PostedJul 01, 2013 4:53 am

Legend of Mii

Idk
Prologue (Chapter 1)

The story begins - First Note: The Musician and The World

A young boy walks through the busy streets of Vivid, clearly minding his own business, when suddenly a loud voice yelled ‘’Hey you! Stop right there! I’m going to beat you up!’’ as the young boy turned around, he saw an angry old man rushing towards him. The young boy instinctively dashed through the small streets, and hid in a nearby bush, in a dark alley. Luckily, the angry old man didn’t see the youngster hiding in the bushes, and followed the path, running somewhere farther in the busy streets of Vivid. The name of the youngster, who just escaped his fate, is Puri. He’s a 17years old musician, living in the city of Vivid: a city, filled with magic!

In this world of Mii, magic is a common good. Technology was deemed inferior compared to the possibilities of magic, and since everyone was born with the natural talent, there was no reason for anyone to fully devote himself to the development of technology. Commonly used goods, were mostly produced with magic, or used with magic. There was almost no use of machines, and if machines were used, they were powered with ‘heart’: a rock-shaped source of magic. Because of this lifestyle, the pollution isn’t all that strong, and there’s a lot wild unexplored nature in Mii.

Now back to Puri, who just came out of the bushes again. ‘’*Tsk* that old pile of bones sure gave me a good scare. I even had to dirty my clothes! How am I supposed to perform at today’s concert! *sigh* I guess I should wash them at Laurie’s. Oh no! That old guy might be there. It is HIS home, after all. Aaah~ guess I’ll wash them at the river up north.’’ And thus the musician made haste towards the river north of the city. When he arrived, he was pretty much out of breath. Despite his good stamina, he still got tired of all the running through the hot and dry weather. ‘’*pant* I can’t believe…*pant* I’m so out of breath… *pant* the weather’s just too hot. The air’s dry. At least I’m out of the city. It’s even hotter in that cramped up place…’’ After Puri caught his breath, he finally noticed the catgirl staring at him from the big old oak tree where he’s been leaning onto. ‘’Purr~ Nya! I see you’re in a hurry. Or do you enjoy tiring yourself out to the point you can’t even hear a cute girl like me calling out to you.’’ Calling out? Calling out…? Puri really didn’t notice the catgirl calling out to him before. ‘’Hya~ It’s okay. I’ll forgive nya. But tell me, why were you in such a hurry?’’ Puri suddenly remembered he came here to wash the dirt off his clothes, and the thought that he forgot what he came for, made him blush a little. “I came here to wash my clothes. I have to look good tonight.’’ The catgirl grinned, and looked at Puri with curious eyes. ‘’What’s so important tonight, that you came all the way to the river to wash a stain off your clothes?” The catgirl asked. ‘’I’ve got a concert tonight, 20:00 at Sammich’s.” The catgirl smiled at him, and said: ‘’Maybe I’ll tag along with you. You seem interesting. Now, you came here in such a hurry, which suggests you’re running out of time. So let me confirm, do you have time to sit here and have idle chat with me, or do you have to wash that stain off your clothes.” Realizing there’s only 20minutes left until 20:00, Puri started to panic. The way back will take him at least 10minutes. Quickly, he took off the shirt, and drenched it into the river. The catgirl, clearly amused by the sight of a desperate boy, decided to tease him some more. “Hey~! If you wash them like that, they won’t dry in time!’’ When Puri realized his fatal mistake, he suddenly stopped, and just sat there with a blank expression and a wet t-shirt in his hand. The catgirl sighed, and tossed him a beach towel she’s been wearing. “Don’t look so sad nya~, I told you I’d tag along with you. So leave this to me kyun~.”

After saying that, she jumped off the tree branch, reached out to Puri, and carried him in her arms. “W-What are you going to do!?” Puri was clearly shocked and embarrassed by this outcome, but somehow, he also felt like this might not be something bad after all. “I may not look like it, but actually I’m half hummingbird. That’s why, I’ve got these wings.” She showed him her beautiful sapphire blue wings. “Well then, let’s depart~!” As soon as she said that, the couple skyrocketed high into the air. “Hehe~ is this the first time you’re flying? It feels good right? Well guess what, if we fly at this speed, we’ll arrive at Sammich’s in 5minutes, and also get your shirt dry! To thank me, you’ll have to buy me a lemonade drink though.” Puri could only smile like an idiot in this situation. A mysterious half hummingbird, half catgirl just saved his day. “Say, catgirl, what’s your name? I know this is the worst timing. You’re concentrated on flying, and I should’ve asked right away before we skyrocketed up, but I just have to know.” The catgirl grinned at him. “First off, I’d like to tell you flying isn’t as hard as it seems. It’s not like there’s much to bump into, like a beach ball soaring through the sky. Sure my mind wanders off sometimes, but when I’m carrying someone like this, I can’t lose focus, so don’t worry. I guess I can tell you my name. But first I’d like to hear yours. What’s your name, musician?” Puri smiled back at the catgirl. “My name is Puri, nice to meet you.” “Nice to meet you Puri, my name is Miya.”

Advertisement

Firesorce

Rank 2
Firesorce
PostedJul 01, 2013 5:02 am

Chapter 2

Wild Night
After the couple arrived at Sammich’s, Miya wanted to land on the rooftop, but Puri insisted she landed on a treebranch in the old tree next to the inn. ‘’Why not the roof nyan~ It’s closer, and easier to land on.’’ Miya was annoyed by Puri’s decision, and started to wobble a bit to tease Puri a bit. “The roof is old, the wood might break when you step on it. Just go and land on the tree across please!’’ Actually, this wasn’t the real reason Puri wanted Miya to land on the tree. He thought it would attract unneeded attraction if they landed on top of the inn. ‘’Purinyan~ my arms are tired, from this distance, you can probably improvise a landing right?~’’ Before she gave him a chance to reply, she dropped him a few meters above the branch. “Wait-whaa! WAAHH!!!” He fell out of the sky, totally surprised by Miya’s choice. Was this his punishment for lying to Miya? Either way he had to think of something quick! Or it’d get nasty. He improvised a melody, and started to sing. ‘’Baby baby baby oh~!’’ The branch suddenly grew, and he landed on an enormous leaf. ‘’Wow! That was sooo cool! Nya~ I am surprised kid. I was just kidding, and would’ve caught you before you hit anything. But then you made the branches and leafs grow …how did you do that?” Not sure whether he should be angry, or really happy Miya just praised him, he just smiled a little embarrassed. “It’s my magical talent; Chant of Life. I am a musician, but my songs carry magical powers, like what you just saw.” Miya stared at him for some time, and then put on a devilish smile. “Hmm~ you really are an interesting boy. So, when’s that concert of yours?” Again Puri totally forgot what he came here to do. Miya was just too charming, he couldn’t stay focused. “Oh! The concert! Yes, it starts in…ahhhh! I’m late! It’s 20:10! Didn’t you tell me we’d arrive in 5minutes!?” While panicking, he ran towards Sammich’s, carrying Miya, who just jumped on his back. “Purr~ this is fun :3” Annoyed, Puri glared at her, and said: “You still didn’t explain why we’re late.” Ignoring his glare, she just kept on smiling. “We DID arrive at 20:00. The other 10minutes, we just spent arguing about the landing, and talking about your strange, but amazing powers :3” Giving up arguing with her, he sighed and just quickly entered Sammich’s Inn. Not knowing their actions have been witnessed by a mysterious person.

‘’Weee~! It’s sooo lively here! Puri Puri! Let’s drink some of that nya~!” Miya put on her sweetest smile, and the bartender couldn’t stop himself from giving her a drink on the house. But when Puri walked up to the bar, the bartender just gave him a cold stare, and charged him double. The bartender clearly was not pleased Miya was already occupied, and wanted to make Puri’s life as miserable as he could. ‘’This bar hasn’t changed I see. Gee cut me some slack Haz, don’t do this to me. You know I love my coins.” Hazzy, the barkeeper, was an old friend of Puri’s. They first met each other at the Vivid Junior Magic Academy. They were good friends, but eventually parted ways when they had to choose a profession. Puri chose to study music, and manipulation magic. While Hazzy chose sword fighting, and elemental magic as his major. In their high school years, they were constantly chasing skirts, and fighting each other over who’d take which girl. That relationship still hasn’t changed, and they’re still competitive as ever. “I see you went and got yourself a pretty girl behind my back while I was serving drinks at the bar.” Thinking back how unfortunate his travels were, Puri just smiled a bit while having second thoughts. “Well that aside, Haz. Where’s Sammich? I’ve got to explain to her why I’m late at my own concert.” Hazzy pointed at the backdoor. “The usual spot, second to your right.” After thanking him, Puri dragged along Miya, who was enjoying her drink at the bar, to the backdoor. In the room behind the door, a blond lady, wearing an expensive dress, and sipping on what looks like some expensive wine. Now that’s how a hostess should look like! “You’re late. Where have you been? Who’s your company?” She looked irritated. “I’ve bought you 15minutes. I went through Hard a lot of trouble preventing my valued customers from leaving. You better explain this to me after the show. Now get out there!” While she said that, she pushed Puri onto the stage, and he greeted the audience who has been waiting for him. “Sawp ya’ll! How are YOU doing! Today has been a really tiring day. I bet you guys can’t even start to imagine what happened to me… But that aside, we are here to party – So let me entertain you! Let’s get started with the first song: Déjà vu (by 3Oh!3)”

Hey, Mr. Bartender mix me a drink
I really need something to tell me it's okay not to think,
Because I've been to all these bars
And I've seen all these places.
I've hit on all these girls
I've heard the same conversations.

Cab driver, cab driver
Take me away,
'Cause I already know
All the words that she'll say.
And I'll be creepin' out the window
At the first sign of day,
'Cause every single night it seems to go the same
Way.

I think I've been here before,
I think I've run into you,
I know the things that you do,
'Cause this is déjà vu. (lazytocopypastmore)

While Puri was busy entertaining the crowd, Miya was looking for a nice spot to watch Puri go wild. First she tried to mix with the crowd, but she couldn’t find a good spot there. Next she tried to access the second floor, hoping it would be less crowded there. But she quickly noticed it was just as bad as on the ground floor. Sammich noticed her futile struggles, and guided Miya to her own private spot, before she tried something dangerous. “Puri’s doing really well isn’t he?” Miya noticed Sammich seemed to have calmed down. “Yes. He’s doing wonderful nya~” Sammich looked at Miya smiling, and told Puri after the concert that he no longer had to explain his tardiness. “What’s with that face, you looked like a slapped mackerel. “ Sammich started to laugh at him, and he wondered what has happened to cause this scene.

Firesorce

Rank 2
Firesorce
PostedJul 01, 2013 5:10 am

Chapter 3

Treasure Hunt
It was Sunday. Three days after Puri’s concert at Sammich’s. It’s 10AM, Puri just woke up, and was about to wake Miya because if he didn’t she’d sleep until 5PM. The two were sleeping in a room at Sammich’s Inn. Puri, the great musician he is, never accepted any big requests though. He always took on the simple and medium tasks, provided by customers in the neighborhood. The reason behind this is a promise with Sammich. Before he was the man he is today, living as a musician was tough. Low pays, a job with a lot rivals, greedy bosses, hard to please audience etc. Even though Puri wasn’t the best, Sammich always gave him a place to stay, and a job to do. To repay that kindness, he now humbly denies every call that requests him to leave town.
“Puriii~! Let me sleep 5more minutes…” Puri shook his head. “I think this cat has been drinking too much lately.” He let her sleep for 10more minutes, and then jumped on her bed. “Wakey wakey~!” Miya didn’t expect this outcome, and instinctively pushed him off her. Puri lost his balance, and knocked against the wardrobe. The chest on top of the wardrobe fell down, and hit him on his head. “Ow… That hurt.” Puri painfully examined his head, and sighed with relief, he wasn’t bleeding. When he tried to pick up the chest, to put it back on top of the wardrobe, it suddenly opened. Inside, the two found a treasure map, and a thin diary.

“July 12th year 1337: We found an artifact of great value. We aren’t sure how to move it though. When we remove the artifact from the sacred grounds, our exits will be blocked by some mysterious force. We are still finding a way to get the artifact moved, without triggering this protection.
July 17th year 1337: We found clues, ancient texts and paintings on the rocks, suggesting that only a selected few can remove this stone, with their mysterious rituals, and powers. Should someone else remove it, they will end up like us, not being able to leave. What can the key be?
December 31th year 1337: Today, is Ambrox, the holy day. The day Mii was reborn, after the fall of The Ancient World, 1337years ago. At dawn, we noticed a change in the stone circle, the artifact started to glow, and there was great pressure when you got close to the stones.
February 6th year 1338: Lacking supplies, we were forced to cancel the expedition. We made a treasure map, for the ones that will try and find what we have found. Solve what we couldn’t solve. “

After reading the letters thoroughly, Puri was convinced the treasure map was real. He opened the scroll, and carefully examined the map. He managed to decipher the center of the map, was Vivid. The northern continent, looks like the country of Ja-il, which is currently still a country north of Vivid. In Ja-il, the worst criminals are being locked away, the country consists mostly of deserts, and the prisoners are being kept in oases. Though, it isn’t a paradise there. The guards have built prisons near the fertile grounds, where the prisoners live most of the time. When the prisoners aren’t rotting away in their cells, they get to plow the grounds, and grow crops. They get fed three meals a day, just enough to survive. The guards, on the other hand, have lots of food, water, and a pool to swim in. That’s not exactly unfair, in Ja-il. After all, the prisoners have done terrible acts, and the guards are the courageous few who risk their life protecting the rest of the world by keeping those prisoners under control. A reward is to be expected.

The treasure map has an arrow pointed towards Ja-il. Puri couldn’t understand why the mysterious treasure would be hidden in that Ja-il, but because the map says so, he decided to check it out. “Sammich, I’ve got to leave for a couple of days. I’m going to check out if this treasure map’s of any use. When I’m back I’ll be sure to throw a fun party.” Sammich didn’t mind, and let the duo have some fun for a change.

Hazzy was bored, and was playing with an empty glass. He overheard Puri saying he was leaving for a couple of days, and caught a glimpse of the map when he was looking in his direction. That’s when Hazzy recognized the symbol drawn on the map. A skull with a lightning bolt pierced through it. That was the Grimm’s emblem, a shadow organization very active five years ago. Even though the members of the group have disbanded, for reasons unknown. Every individual member is enlisted on the Most Wanted Criminals of every country in the world. If that map had any connections to the organization, or any of the members, Puri and Miya could be in big trouble. Knowing this, Hazzy decided to tag along the duo. “Yo Puri, I’m also interested in the treasure hunt. How about I come along with you two?” Puri knew Hazzy wouldn’t tag along without a reason. “Sure, you’ll be a great help.” The air suddenly got all heavy, so Miya decided to break up the pressure. “Yaay~ the handsome bartender is going to play with us Very Happy To make it complete, she hugged both Puri and Hazzy. After getting hit by that, Puri and Hazzy forgot their doubts.

“So Haz, we’re heading towards Ja-il. If I remember correctly, that’s half a day traveling with the Heartmobile. Good thing I charged it yesterday.” The ‘Heartmobile’ is a transport vehicle that resembles a sport car. This one is a special release though. Puri handpicked every single part, and bought the highest quality of Heart, to turn this heartmobile into a unique model. Made together with Hazzy, who had a knack for these things, they managed to build the Heartmobile -Version Daymanstep within 2days. “Driving half a day… Alright Pur, you’re in the backseat with Miya, I’ll handle it.” Hazzy took the keys and started the engine. Puri and Miya did as they were told, and jumped in the backseat, and put on the safety belt. “I’m glad you’re driving us, but are you sure you’re alright? I recall you had a lot to drink last night.” Hazzy laughed. “I don’t know, let’s drive to find out.”

Firesorce

Rank 2
Firesorce
PostedJul 03, 2013 8:54 am
lonely thread is lonely q.q I'd appreciate some replies! (if anyone reads this)

update : next release will be a doublechapter.