Author Message

XtinaL_64106

Rank 0
XtinaL_64106
Joined
15 Jun 2012
Posts
43
Location
United States
PostedJun 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Aeriacoins.com

Oh gawd no..
pwanty wrote:


I'm pretty sure those people who file unauthorized payment in their credit card company are not many, since credit card companies do their own investigations whether it was true or not I think. Also Aeria isn't selling real things, but virtual items, which means they have unlimited quantity of those.  


Charge backs are a lot more common when it comes to virtual games than you think. I was going to go into detail on this but decided better because it will encourage others to attempt this method. This is just one of the many ways people take advantage of the virtual coin system, not the exclusive way.
As far as your other point of aeria having an unlimited supply of virtual items, I do agree that they aren't losing money because they lose product, but just because they aren't losing money doesn't mean they are making money and this is a business.
Even if we had AH & trade working from what I am told you would have to use unbound coins to buy things from the auction house/pay for mail like you do now, but the person receiving payment would get bound coins/vouchers in return. That just gives cash users an even bigger advantage over non-cash users so it's not like it's benefiting people the same way it does now. I wish they would just leave our auction house/trade system the way it is now, but they do have to make revenue somewhere. Since we are now able to renew items with vouchers that's a large revenue cut, maybe this is how they ensure a constant flow of cash? I don't know all I can do is guess.
Personally I would be happy with just being able to send things in the mail and not receiving anything in return for it. to at least not have everything be bound would be nice.

What everyone fails to remember too is that right now most of us have the items we need. This isn't going to be as impactful to us as it would be starting over in a new server. Most of us already have a weapon clothes hair etc and now instead of paying cash to have to renew those items you can live off vouchers. As long as you use this week to get what you need with coin you don't really have to have coin after.
Advertisement

pwanty

Rank 0
Joined
06 Jun 2013
Posts
9
Location
Latvia
PostedJun 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Aeriacoins.com

Oh gawd no..
XtinaL_64106 wrote:
pwanty wrote:


I'm pretty sure those people who file unauthorized payment in their credit card company are not many, since credit card companies do their own investigations whether it was true or not I think. Also Aeria isn't selling real things, but virtual items, which means they have unlimited quantity of those.  


Charge backs are a lot more common when it comes to virtual games than you think. I was going to go into detail on this but decided better because it will encourage others to attempt this method. This is just one of the many ways people take advantage of the virtual coin system, not the exclusive way.
As far as your other point of aeria having an unlimited supply of virtual items, I do agree that they aren't losing money because they lose product, but just because they aren't losing money doesn't mean they are making money and this is a business.
Even if we had AH & trade working from what I am told you would have to use unbound coins to buy things from the auction house/pay for mail like you do now, but the person receiving payment would get bound coins/vouchers in return. That just gives cash users an even bigger advantage over non-cash users so it's not like it's benefiting people the same way it does now. I wish they would just leave our auction house/trade system the way it is now, but they do have to make revenue somewhere. Since we are now able to renew items with vouchers that's a large revenue cut, maybe this is how they ensure a constant flow of cash? I don't know all I can do is guess.
Personally I would be happy with just being able to send things in the mail and not receiving anything in return for it. to at least not have everything be bound would be nice.

What everyone fails to remember too is that right now most of us have the items we need. This isn't going to be as impactful to us as it would be starting over in a new server. Most of us already have a weapon clothes hair etc and now instead of paying cash to have to renew those items you can live off vouchers. As long as you use this week to get what you need with coin you don't really have to have coin after.  


Unauthorized payments are the only way how a buyer can get their money back for virtual items. For example paypal will just decline your chargeback if buyer files it at paypal level, but if they go to credit card company and say it was unauthorized then yes that is another deal and paypal has to repay the buyer.
With bound coins we can buy a lot of items in the game shop and also renew stuff. Those who farm items and sell them in auction house are those who are getting good items also, so they won't have to buy stuff on AH much, unless they want something really special.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
Joined
15 Mar 2008
Posts
4743
Location
United States
PostedJun 28, 2013 6:50 pm
This thread is about DDTank and a new update coming. Please keep discussions on topic and within the confines of what is allowed by the ToS and rules of AGE.

s.in

Rank 0
s.in
Joined
18 Feb 2012
Posts
104
Location
Japan
PostedJun 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Aeriacoins.com

Oh gawd no..
pwanty wrote:

With bound coins we can buy a lot of items in the game shop and also renew stuff. Those who farm items and sell them in auction house are those who are getting good items also, so they won't have to buy stuff on AH much, unless they want something really special.  


That would be true if the boatyard prizes aren't random. What if someone needed a level 4 offense pearl, farmed for hours, and received 2 level 4 quick pearls?

Those who farm items and sell them in auction house are those who are getting good items because they have a coin value. If the person doesn't need the level 4 quick and there is no coin value in AH can it still be defined as a good item?

bigaguy

Rank 0
bigaguy
Joined
10 Mar 2011
Posts
42
Location
Canada
PostedJun 28, 2013 7:29 pm
ok yes we all know that no one wants this stupid update. You can wine and wimper and yell and write as much as you like but they are going to update it WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. So lets just try it.. if you dont like it well then that sucks. Aeriagames is going to update it and we cant change their minds. so just get ready for the new update...

~Live Life the DDT Way~

ChibiStella

Rank 0
Joined
20 Dec 2012
Posts
3
Location
Germany
PostedJun 29, 2013 8:48 am

4.2 Update

Removed! Auctions house, Mail system, Fun for Gamers Very Happy

Nice update, Power power power,
Money to aeria Money to aeria Money to aeria

No new Boats,
No chance to sell a rare item when some player found it.
If someone have a Spear and drops some Spear, he can put it in the rubbish Wink
www. Aeriacoins.com
www. Aeriashop.com
www. Aeriawantsyourmoney.com
why this game called aeriaGAMES? Very Happy
A lot of player do somethink for the update too...like this
Removed! A lot of Gamer for DDTank Wink see ya all

flames6

Rank 0
flames6
Joined
22 Jan 2011
Posts
160
Location
portmore Jamaica
PostedJun 29, 2013 11:00 am

Re: Aeriacoins.com

Oh gawd no..
XtinaL_64106 wrote:
reggie5010 wrote:
So.. This game has become greedy.. *Sigh* ty for medal = coins but i see this now as useless.. once their gone then what

AH and payed mail only thing made me rich and the items i have now. sadly its getting removed. Why? :/ everything else is nice but I think EVERYONE would be more happy to not remove that. ppl that can't get AP needs that, I don't see a good enough reason to remove. Even if they are re-selling items and sell low prices and refund for ridiculous prices, its called 'improvising'.


- Concerned player  


Of course everyone wants pay for mail and auction house, but it's not just like someone is coin hacking and they can ban them. People charge coins like on paypal or other methods, then spend them by sending them off to an alternative character/buying stuff from the auction house. After this they go and file a credit card charge-back claiming they never authorized any payments. What does aeria/other game site do then? it's not as though they can prove the person attached to the credit card recieved the virtual item because it wasn't send to a physical address. They can ban the character that did the charge-back but usually its a dummy account. They can't ban the person who's item was bought from the AH because it's not their fault, i mean you have no control who buys your stuff once you put it in there.
Charge-backs involve fees as well to the person whom is having to return the money, so at this point aeria/other game site has to pay a fee to lose money. And at the end of the day this game IS a business. No one has put this website up paid for the servers and w/e licensing fees just to be kind to everyone, they did it to make money. You can say it's Aeria being greedy, but then everytime you/your parents ask for a raise at your/their job are they being greedy? because somewhere down the line someone is going to have to pay for that. I'm sure Aeria wants an alternative it's not as though they wanna screw everyone over and the more stuff in the auction house or pay for mail to buy, the more cash users charge.
Some of you may say don't upgrade to 4.2 and everything is solved but that's not true either, For as many people who complain about the upgrade to 4.2, there's many that look forward to it. Aeria HAS to keep the cash customers interested because if they don't there isn't going to be a website for anyone to play on. After a few months as a cash user this game starts to get dull, after a year it's so boring many move on to other games. The prospect of new features is going to draw many people back into the game. I'm sure many people will leave but I'm also equally sure that most of them won't be cash users, and finding new free users is a lot cheaper than finding new cash users.  


it update is going to benefit the cash users way more than it used be fair for every one, for instance the forting system u will have to be Vip to bring ur gear to +12 because the higher ur gear the lower exp a ES will give, and the ES in task dont give much ES the ES and the ES in shops most likely will be unbound coins or allot of bound coins to purchase so it will be hard for the non cash users to advance without the AH so basically there wont be any strong non cash users in the game

"A mighty flame came from a tiny spark."

NicoleP_05538

GameSage: Aeria Browser
NicoleP_05538
Joined
26 Mar 2012
Posts
699
Location
your pool United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 11:54 am
if no one noticed the date has been moved up to July 2nd instead of July 3rd!

just keep it on your calendar ;D

bigaguy

Rank 0
bigaguy
Joined
10 Mar 2011
Posts
42
Location
Canada
PostedJun 29, 2013 12:36 pm
i knew that cuz thats the date on all the other ddtank sites ^^

~Live Life the DDT Way~

mclancy16

Rank 0
Joined
28 May 2013
Posts
3
Location
United States
PostedJun 30, 2013 1:00 am
i just think we as the players got screwed over, and me personaly lied to be more than 1 GS/GM , i was told specifically WE "MUST GO THRU 3.8 4.0 BEFORE 4.2" nice to know while i was on a trip to cali they screwed it over, when this update comes around Aeria, youve now lost me as a player, and im 100% sure im not the only one leaving.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: