GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedJun 17, 2013 4:17 pm   Last edited by GMMokona on Sep 28, 2013 11:39 am. Edited 5 times in total

[ENDED] Aeria's Got Talent: Q&A, General Discussion & Links

Winners will be announced on September 19th, 2013!

This is the place where you can ask questions about the event, categories or make comments. Please make sure you read the FAQ below before asking your question.

Q: I play more than one Aeria game. Can I participate for both prizes?
A: As it states in the event general rules, you may only represent one game per category. (Example: if you are representing Eden Eternal in the art category, you can represent Shaiya in the music category.)

Q: How will I know if my entry is valid?
A: All entries that have been reviewed by the GM team and considered valid will be added to the official entry post in the threads for each category. If you post your entry and it is not added within 48 hours, please check your entry post as there will be a note from the GM team at the bottom stating why your entry was not accepted.

Q: If I already submitted an entry can I change it?
A: If your entry has already been reviewed and added to the official submission list, no you cannot change it. If it hasn't been added, then you can add modifications. Editing your entry after submission can result in being disqualified.

Q: Can I submit more than one entry in the xx category?
A: No. You may ONLY SUBMIT ONE ENTRY PER CATEGORY WITH ONE ACCOUNT. This means 1 entry in all of the categories is available.

Q: Can my dog/cat/brother/sister/mother/friend/father/aunt/uncle/etc do my entry for/with me?
A: No. The entire contest is built around YOUR talents, not your family/pet/friends talents. All entries must be done ONLY by you. Anyone who does not follow this rule will not have their entry accepted.

Q: Can I do [xx] for this category?
A: Please make sure you read through the original thread. It has all of the rules and category requirements. If you don't find your answer there, then you can come back to this thread and ask.

Q: How are the winners picked?
A: The GMs will sit down and discuss the entries. The top three for each category will be picked by overall talent. Rank 4 through 20 will be randomly picked out of the entries that remain.

Q: When will we know who won?
A: The first half of the event ends on July 15th, 2013. Winners will be announced on July 26th, 2013. The second half of the event ends on September 10th, 2013. Winners will be announced on September 19th, 2013.

Q: When will prizes be paid out?
A: Game and AP prizes for the first half have already been paid out. Game prizes for the second half will be paid out the day after the winners are announced on September 19th, 2013, so September 20th, 2013. AP prizes will be paid out within 7 days after that date.

Q: I play [insert game]. Why does my game not have game specific prizes?
A: Not all games have the ability to pay out extra prizes or had some other restrictions. We apologize that not all of the games could have the extra prizes available.

Please also note that you MUST be currently actively playing one of our Aeria EN games. This does not include games we used to publish or games published by another region of Aeria Games. It MUST be an EN version of the game.

General Links
How to upload images to Tinypic

Video Guides
How to make a basic video with Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.
How to Make a Video Response on Youtube.

Music Guides
How to record your voice using a microphone with Audacity.
How to mix your voice with background music with Audacity.

Advertisement

GMMokona

GMMokona
PostedJun 17, 2013 5:38 pm
You can post here if you have questions or comments about the contest!

I'm looking forward to seeing how many talented players we have. Smile

dxpoo

Rank 4
dxpoo
PostedJun 17, 2013 6:01 pm
Can i do a sculpture for the art category?

GMMokona

GMMokona
PostedJun 17, 2013 6:03 pm
dxpoo wrote:
Can i do a sculpture for the art category?  

Yep! As long as it follows the rest of the Art Category rules, there shouldn't be an issue with this. Of course, I would also recommend having a piece a paper with your account name written on it in the picture of the sculpture for further verification.

I look forward to seeing your work! Very Happy

guiowner2

Rank 5
guiowner2
PostedJun 17, 2013 7:20 pm
Im a student in engineering, can I do a 3D object created from scratch by me with Catia V5 (it's a 3D model software)? (for Art Section of the contest) and I may need more then 1 image to show the entire product can I?

Miyuma

Rank 2
Miyuma
PostedJun 17, 2013 7:55 pm
for the writing categ. can it be about a fiction story of grand fantasia or something like that? (I usually do really long stories, like one I made of A story of GSLixy and the show on eden eternal forums

GMMokona

GMMokona
PostedJun 17, 2013 8:00 pm
Miyuma wrote:
for the writing categ. is it k if its about 12 or more lines long? (I usually do really long stories, like one I made of A story of GSLixy and the show on eden eternal forums  

The story can be about whatever you want as long as it follows the rules of the Writing Category.

guiowner2 wrote:
Im a student in engineering, can I do a 3D object created from scratch by me with Catia V5 (it's a 3D model software)? (for Art Section of the contest) and I may need more then 1 image to show the entire product can I?  

It can be in whatever medium (3D models, sculpture, painting, sketch, etc) you want, but only one image is allowed and it has to follow all of the other Art Category rules.

Miyuma

Rank 2
Miyuma
PostedJun 17, 2013 8:04 pm
GMMokona wrote:

*.* sorry i edited my post a few times, I think you were typing when I edited it. Is it ok if you answer the new one

Retired Aeria

GMMokona

GMMokona
PostedJun 17, 2013 8:06 pm
Miyuma wrote:
GMMokona wrote:

*.* sorry i edited my post a few times, I think you were typing when I edited it. Is it ok if you answer the new one  

My answer still applies. The Writing Category rules I linked already explains what you can and cannot do. The writing can be whatever you want as long as it follows those rules.

The guidelines is the work cannot be longer than 800 words and has to be about summer vacation. It must also have a beach ball, a beach towel and a glass of lemonade somewhere in the work. The rest is up to you. Smile

Miyuma

Rank 2
Miyuma
PostedJun 17, 2013 8:15 pm
GMMokona wrote:
Miyuma wrote:
GMMokona wrote:

My answer still applies. The Writing Category rules I linked already explains what you can and cannot do. The writing can be whatever you want as long as it follows those rules.

The guidelines is the work cannot be longer than 800 words and has to be about summer vacation. It must also have a beach ball, a beach towel and a glass of lemonade somewhere in the work. The rest is up to you. Smile  

thank you

Retired Aeria