jinxfaddal

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2013 7:05 am

Chakra-Dmg reduced in PvP

hi there,

i got a big problem with my SE. my skillbuild and equip are designed around Ch-Atk (using Particle etc.).
You know, these skills got Normal- and Chakra-Atk and in PvE it works fine. both are dealt in the dmg gap shown on the skilldescription.

Problem: in PvP fights (TP, Caergate, duell etc..) the normal is reduced because of def and void, that part i understand. But also the chakra part is reduced to around 1/4.
e.g. Evaporate shall deal 559-941 particle-chakra-dmg and it only deals like 4x41, 2x205 etc.

i know there are skills and items with resistance, but i cant imagine everybody got 7500 resistance. besides i tested it in duells aswell and there i know he dont have it ^^

i hope it is only a bug and devs can/will fix it =/

thx4help
Advertisement

pinkerbelle1

Rank 0
pinkerbelle1
PostedJun 16, 2013 4:32 pm
from the wiki:

Chakra Attack (Ch-ATK)

A damage type that ignores Defense and Avoidance and is instead reduced by Chakra Resistance.

Chakra Evasion (Ch-EVA)

100 CH-EVA = +1% CH-EVA

Adds to the base chance that you will completely avoid the Chakra Damage and de-buff components of any attack used on you.

Chakra Resistances

Each Chakra resistances reduces the Chakra damage taken from attacks and skills.  

jinxfaddal

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2013 4:38 pm
yes, i know the wiki. but 1/4 -> -75% -> 7500 resistance needed

greatandarsher

Rank 0
PostedJun 16, 2013 11:46 pm
Apparently, from knowledge and basic observation (non tested), this is all I that I understand.

In PVP, character level does matter. No, higher character level does not give you advantage, its the other way round. If your level is lower the the enemy in PVP, you gain some 'unknown bonus' base on the system, I guess this is to balance out level differences in PVP.

PVP def (not the def stat but PVP def), works for both phy and chak attacks. So chakra damage damage is reduced if you have an amount of PVP def.

Lastly, I know many people have assumed or took it for granted that every 100points in the stats is equal to 1% chance. But I beg to differ. I am guessing it runs on a non-linear scale but instead a log-scale. Meaning to say the initial 1k evasion gives more evasion than the subsequent 1k evasion the character has.

For better understand, all fabricated numbers but to picture it,
1000 evasion > 20% evasion.
2000 evasion > 25% evasion.
Why I think of it like this is because my crit attack stat is about 1200 but it increases far more than 12% damage in a crit hit. My crit rate is 2100 but it somehow doesn't feel 20% at all. Your post just made me think that maybe my conjecture so far has not been wrong.

jinxfaddal

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2013 5:47 am
thx for the hint ! =)
i tested it again in duels/caergate. with ME, DE, SW and WH

summary: with 0 resistance and 0 pvp-def/-void, chakra-atk against me (and others) is reduced, too. the dmg-gap is around 1/4 of the one it should be =/

it was told to me, void also reduces chakra dmg, but that dont makes sense to me. resistances would be useless thereby. "normal" def and void is for physical dmg part, if i dont have a error in reasoning.

greatandarsher

Rank 0
PostedJun 17, 2013 7:39 pm
That is going to be very difficult to test without using 3rd party program like reading the packets.

And I don't think I wanna go so deep just testing chakra damage output alone. For now we'll just agree that chakra build is not viable.

thanks for the inputs! back to crit damage builds.

jinxfaddal

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 1:58 am
dammit ^^

ok i'll play my sw again Very Happy thanks and have a nice day

MrRaven.

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
MrRaven.
PostedJun 18, 2013 10:48 am
greatandarsher wrote:

Why I think of it like this is because my crit attack stat is about 1200 but it increases far more than 12% damage in a crit hit. My crit rate is 2100 but it somehow doesn't feel 20% at all. Your post just made me think that maybe my conjecture so far has not been wrong.  

It doesnt. That 1200 in your sheet is added to your existing base critical damage.

jinxfaddal

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 6:47 pm
ok, next attempt:

- chakra-dmg is reduced in pvp
- noone can explain the cause (till now)
- i cant find any info at aeria wiki, beside it's reduced by resistance (and maybe pvp-def)
- testing in duels shows there is no combination that explains to me, the dmg is reduced by around 75%

can anyone explain to me, that i don't constructed a useless char?

(SE only got one skill and a buff with a small crit-bonus, it cant be the idea to play this class with crit-rate generally)

zeltin

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 7:07 pm
Thx for the info Smile need to restat I guess,and new gear QQ entire build built around ch atk no wonder I cant do shiz in pvp lol

Some Come,Some Go,Some Battle To The Death against The Foe.