GMPaladin

Rank 4
GMPaladin
PostedJun 10, 2013 11:55 am

In Memory of the Fallen

With respect to those lost

In our lives, there are those we meet that leave a lasting impact. These can be friends, loved ones, family and relatives. Sadly, we learn all too soon that life can be fleeting and that we have a time limit here on earth. However we also learn that the dead can never truly be lost as long as we hold them in our memory. With this in mind, I now invite our members of the Aeria community to share with all of us the memory of those you have lost along the way.

Please keep in mind while posting in this thread:
  • These memories should be of a real person(s) in your life who has left a positive effect
  • This is not a place for discussion of religion or politics. This is a place of respect.
  • Do not speak ill of the dead, for they are no longer here to defend themselves.
  • This thread will be closely watched, please respect the Terms of Service.

Thank you and I hope that sharing your memories will keep those lost alive in your heart.  

Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJun 10, 2013 12:11 pm
I have recently lost a very close friend. And it is something that i still don't know how to handle.

He was born with a serious heart condition which led him to several operations which ended up being sucessfull and he lived an healthy life with no heart problems. Few months before his death he became a father, something he has dreamt forever, i had never seen him so happy, he finally had the life he wanted.

Near the end of February i got a call from another close friend, that he was taken to the hospital, suffered a stroke at home. Two days later, after being in comma at the hospital, he died during the night. He was 23. His daughter was 3 months old at the time. His heart condition had nothing to do with his death, which makes this so much frustrating, he fought against it for so long and won, and then he fell to something else no one could have expected. His death is still not explained, theres an investigation going, rumor says that there was something in his system that led to the situation that ended in his death.

Like i said in the beginning loosing a close friend, as i am 21, and this was a first, i still don't know how to handle it. The whole story of how it happened still haunts me, all his effort to fight off his born condition, recently achieving his life goal of being a father, and everything ended in the blink of an eye.

I was raised catholic, and i dont wanna get too much into religion as it would not be allowed, but just to point out that during the weekend that everything happened i become the most religious person ever, mostly it just makes things easier to handle...After it, i changed, i became less religiously, due to what happened, if there is an higher power how would this judgement be considered fair? I brought this up because i wanted to point how this whole situation changed me.

His birthday is comming soon, and i know its gonna be a very difficult day to go by. I still have a lot of trouble handling this, i had a lot of people who supported me and still do and this is what kept me going but i have to admit it was really hard. I wasn't prepared for this, i don't think anyone ever is.

Thanks for giving me a place to voice this.

To all those who have lost someone, everyone has their way of living through and keeping them "alive", in my opinion no one is truly dead until his memory fades. I know my friend left me great knowledge, on how i should live my life, so his memory is well alive within most of his close friends and in his daughter, and this is all someone can ask whenever they leave this world, that they somehow made a difference and left the world a better place, and i do believe he did strongly.

BunBunBunnii

Rank 1
BunBunBunnii
PostedJun 10, 2013 1:34 pm
I lost my mom when I was 5 years old, and thus I guess I didn't really get to know her that well, but she's still the person I look up to a lot, even though I can't remember all that much about her. Since it has been a long time and I got raised with friends and relatives that I received a lot of support from, she went from being a really sad memory, to a memory I treasure a lot. ♥

GODSAVES777

Rank 0
PostedJun 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Lost

Me I lost my mother when I was 12 years old almost 13 she was an overweight person and she also had diabetes so she was in constant pain she had to take tons of meds and had to also take insulin thru needles and just a few days before July 4th 2001 she started having heart troubles she people we where living with at the time called the ambulance so they came and she started feeling better little bit before they got there but she still went to hospitial with them and this was 8 in the morning on July 2nd and about 14 hours later . My older brother came in and was crying and he said that our mother has passed away . I stayed up all night long for 2 days and finally I feel asleep I never got to say good bye to my mom then . But that will lead to another story which I don't want to go into that on here.Found out later on that year that there was a huge amount of Cocaine in her stomach . So people please stay if drugs ! If you don't do it for yourself do it for the people you love and the people that doesn't wanna loose you . I personally can say that it does hurt the ones you love by ALOT !

Peace n' Chicken Grease Razz

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedJun 11, 2013 2:36 am
My father died due to a cardiac arrest when I was 10.
He usually worked all day and I only had a chance to see him on weekends. We were forced to move to another country in which we built ourselves a new home, after which he died.
A lot of people keep telling me what a good person he was and I did not even know how many people in this city actually knew him.

[EU Server] Eternal - [Website] [Forum Topic]

Kururai

Rank 0
Kururai
PostedJun 11, 2013 4:05 pm

-sigh-

EVERY ONE OF THEM
EVERY. ****. PET.

GMLeo

Rank 4
GMLeo
PostedJun 15, 2013 4:59 pm
My cousin, SGT Nathan Kennedy, was killed in action on April 27th, 2010 at the age of 24. He was an infantryman who was on sniper duty in Afghanistan.

Here is a video of the news coverage

Here is the tribute speech from Congressman Tim Murphy

Our hometown, Claysville, PA, is very small, the kind of town where everyone knows everyone. We come from a military family, and all of us who choose to serve are aware of the risk when we enlist.

He was killed two weeks before the end of his deployment on his late mother's birthday and buried on Mother's Day.

RIP my cousin and brother in arms.

Baotran602

Rank 4
Baotran602
PostedJun 20, 2013 5:58 am
Uncle James, whom I'm named after, died in a car accident. RIP

bloodhp

Rank 2
bloodhp
PostedJun 20, 2013 7:59 pm
jotasnake wrote:
I have recently lost a very close friend. And it is something that i still don't know how to handle.

He was born with a serious heart condition which led him to several operations which ended up being sucessfull and he lived an healthy life with no heart problems. Few months before his death he became a father, something he has dreamt forever, i had never seen him so happy, he finally had the life he wanted.

Near the end of February i got a call from another close friend, that he was taken to the hospital, suffered a stroke at home. Two days later, after being in comma at the hospital, he died during the night. He was 23. His daughter was 3 months old at the time. His heart condition had nothing to do with his death, which makes this so much frustrating, he fought against it for so long and won, and then he fell to something else no one could have expected. His death is still not explained, theres an investigation going, rumor says that there was something in his system that led to the situation that ended in his death.

Like i said in the beginning loosing a close friend, as i am 21, and this was a first, i still don't know how to handle it. The whole story of how it happened still haunts me, all his effort to fight off his born condition, recently achieving his life goal of being a father, and everything ended in the blink of an eye.

I was raised catholic, and i dont wanna get too much into religion as it would not be allowed, but just to point out that during the weekend that everything happened i become the most religious person ever, mostly it just makes things easier to handle...After it, i changed, i became less religiously, due to what happened, if there is an higher power how would this judgement be considered fair? I brought this up because i wanted to point how this whole situation changed me.

His birthday is comming soon, and i know its gonna be a very difficult day to go by. I still have a lot of trouble handling this, i had a lot of people who supported me and still do and this is what kept me going but i have to admit it was really hard. I wasn't prepared for this, i don't think anyone ever is.

Thanks for giving me a place to voice this.

To all those who have lost someone, everyone has their way of living through and keeping them "alive", in my opinion no one is truly dead until his memory fades. I know my friend left me great knowledge, on how i should live my life, so his memory is well alive within most of his close friends and in his daughter, and this is all someone can ask whenever they leave this world, that they somehow made a difference and left the world a better place, and i do believe he did strongly.  

I read your whole post and I feel sorry for you. Even though I have never lost a close friend and I do not personally know what it feels like, I want you to know that everyone goes through hard times in their life whether it is loosing someone or something happening to yourself. But you will get through it and i am happy to hear that you are lucky enough to have people there to support you.I hope that your friend had a happy life in the short time he was alive.

Sean.Limnerius.

Rank 0
Sean.Limnerius.
PostedJul 20, 2013 11:39 am
I just lost the best dog ever and my grandma 3 weeks ago and the dog Yesterday.