GMPizza

GameMaster: USA
GMPizza
PostedJun 04, 2013 11:30 am

Reawakening Patch: Game mechanic and system update

Here is a list of some of the new in game features you can experience with the reawaken patch!

-The keys “Q” and “E” can now be used to move diagonally.

-When you mouse over monsters, NPCs, and characters, a white frame now selects the targets.

-Characters' movement is adjusted to allow smooth skill casting.
Characters' actual movement speed is 1.3 times faster.

-Characters now move towards targets.
When players use mouse to select targets, characters will move towards the direction of targets!

-The range of malice attacks are now slightly expanded.

-Cancellation of some skills requires the caster to move by clicking the floor in order to change casting target or save the BUFF casting for others.

-Malice will cancel within 6 seconds when monsters fail to defeat the characters.

-A special currency of "Alpaca Coin" has been added and the existing Alpaca Coins can be transferred into new special currency.

-The old capsule machines are now removed and fortune bags can be directly purchased from Alpaca NPC “Joankena” shops in various regions.

-New NPC shops are added at the entrances of each regional DGN. With Crystal Cross Medal Equipment where DGN Boss Equipments can be purchased.

-A number limit is added to dungeons.
Players are only allowed 10 Dungeon runs per day and 2 Trial dungeons, per dungeon.
(Note: You do get the Main Quest Dungeon run also.)

-More loot drops in Trials.
Trails will drop a higher amount loot now!

-Skeleton Icons are displayed on the map for the position of DGN Bosses.

-Pre-quests are not required anymore for general and trial dungeons.

-Town NPC's will no longer leave when scout monsters breaks the crystal.

-When the Blue Crystal is equipped, you will receive supplementary BUFF and +10% EXP and Class EXP for one hour by acquiring a blue crystal.

-At character creation, there are five beginning jobs and class .
Levels for Thief/Hunter/Cleric have been adjusted to give a more fun experience for beginning characters.

-Eternal Coins are now available at Eternal Shop.

-Minor adjustment of Character EXP. Players now can advance from Lv1 to Lv 60 faster.

-Add loot drop at Lv 75 from Roger the Pirate King of Aven City.

-Cast time of all mounts are canceled

-Remove the “Guide for Beginners”.

-White, green blue, and purple equipment is now outlined in player inventory.

-Initial repairing fee is now fixed to 1/5 of sales price.

-Loot drop items from monsters include class loot drops that is acquired by players when they have specific class equipped.

-Players who specialize in one class will be able to quickly strengthen the class skills but the accumulated achievement points will remain unchanged.

-Storybook illustrations have been added to the Main Quests.

-A exclamation mark is shown on grocery merchant.

-Class medal is now changed into class loot drop.

-Re-examine quest arrangement and game design from Lv1~30.

-In respond to added initial jobs (Thief/Hunter), leather and archery equipment are added to initial quests.
Advertisement

SoulOfSky

Rank 1
SoulOfSky
PostedJun 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Game Mechanic and System update

The increased character movespeed is definitely something we've needed for a while now.
Increased droprate for dungeons will also be useful in not having to spam trials as heavily.
The 0 cast time for mounts seems useful for TW as well, thanks aeria!

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedJun 19, 2013 7:45 pm
Any clarification about:

"Malice will cancel within 6 seconds when monsters fail to defeat the characters. "

Does this mean when they can't hit your character for 6+ seconds, or you only have 6 seconds to kill mobs? Really hoping it's just the former.

Skepty

Rank 0
PostedJun 19, 2013 7:49 pm
katashi65 wrote:
Any clarification about:

"Malice will cancel within 6 seconds when monsters fail to defeat the characters. "

Does this mean when they can't hit your character for 6+ seconds, or you only have 6 seconds to kill mobs? Really hoping it's just the former.  

I -think- it means that when you agro, and run away, you won't stay in battle for more than six seconds. Or, I hope that's what it means. It would be nice to be able to quickly get out of combat when the monster is fifty feet away from you :p

Kardo

Rank 1
PostedJun 19, 2013 7:56 pm

When players use mouse to select targets, characters will move towards the direction of targets!  

If this works how it sounds...please let it be toggleable (or only apply to click-to-attack clicks). Many times you need to target a mob/person but don't want to start running after them. To add to this its already so common to mistarget people while aoeing, if you had to reposition yourself every time you aoe on a group, dear lord annoying.

Any clarification about:

It does sound kind of odd.

Regardless of which way it works I sure hope it only applies to non-dungeons. If you're unable to kite mobs for more than 6 seconds... well wow, say goodbye to the ability to play smart and keep yourself alive. Otherwise if tank loses aggro and a strong mob goes after dps, they have to stand there and die or risk resetting it.

crees211331

Rank 0
crees211331
PostedJun 19, 2013 7:59 pm
By 'range of malice attacks is increased' do they mean melee attacks? And looking at what isn't mentioned, are changes to ground target skills here or a later date?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

PrEyBoY

Rank 0
PrEyBoY
PostedJun 19, 2013 9:05 pm
crees211331 wrote:
By 'range of malice attacks is increased' do they mean melee attacks? And looking at what isn't mentioned, are changes to ground target skills here or a later date?  

I think that wat the updates means is that for example provoke have certain range limited well they say they increase that range now you can provoke much far away. If i am wrong, let me know, but that wat i understand by increasing the malice attacks.

jepitoy

Rank 0
jepitoy
PostedJun 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Class Medals

:) yay more medals :)
Class medal is now changed into class loot drop.

-Loot drop items from monsters include class loot drops that is acquired by players when they have specific class equipped.

means to say Class medals drop from monster?

gjuniorom

Rank 0
gjuniorom
PostedJun 19, 2013 10:45 pm
*checks at 72k gold in inventory* Pizzabby fund my legendary achievements? Very Happy

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedJun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Reawakening Patch: Game mechanic and system update

GMPizza wrote:

"GRRR I'm the FLYING DUTCHMAN (from Spongebob).......now in frog form."

^what he reminded me of with that eerie-looking glow e.e