ShrimpTeriyaki

Rank 1
PostedMay 27, 2013 12:02 am

Re: tbh

how it is
[quote="ThaoBear"]
sababafiddle wrote:
40 Sages were MEANT to be healers and use a lot of different weps including staffs. When a 40 sage tries to dps, they automatically lose and put themselves at a disservice. But I've seen some epic healing sages. Also your better off dpsing with multi proc as a human mage dpser than as a wolf. But in the end sages become epic in 40 when they are the primary healers.

Stun hammer sages are epic fails. rooting, aoeing and healing are your tickets to OPness.  

hmm idk if this is sarcasm or not. specially the last part. if it's serious then LOL. go for sage/mystic or even shaman. you won't be disappointed for sure.
Advertisement

walmazi

Rank 4
PostedMay 27, 2013 3:06 am
Saba is exaggerating, but yes a sage that does both DPS'ing and knows when to go heal mode for their team will lead to more victories for certain.

It's kinda pathetic when there are numerous dead people lying around, and the one sage decides to take the team or OP player solo, dies and then possible rage quits.

It's also the reason with I had so many people grateful to me when I was a sage, I was a mix of stun-hammer killer, but was primarily a healer/AoE Heal spam buffer xD

sababafiddle

Rank 3
PostedMay 27, 2013 5:20 am

lol

at responses
I wasn't exaggerating or being sarcastic at all! In fact I was 100% serious. Best sages I've seen in 40 played the class 100% human form as the primary healer. Every other sage which is 99.5% of sages played it wrong lolz. Its similar to watching a 90 shaman playing as a wolf all the time, LOL.

@thao that's somewhat true, but they tend to have different roles depending on the level/zone they are in (lowest level they are healers, mid levels they are physical dps, and high levels they are mages). In 40 they are better healers than clerics and their human skills are much better suited to healing/survival, and they get way more points as a healer than a dpser. It is kind of switched in 40. Clerics should be mages and sages should be healers.

@burnating

there is a big gap between rangers and the rest of the classes at level 50

60 is still all rangers zone

90: windshadows and shadowlords are way ahead of shamans lolz

ThaoBear

Rank 2
PostedMay 27, 2013 5:25 am

Re: lol

at responses
sababafiddle wrote:
@thao that's somewhat true, but they tend to have different roles depending on the level/zone they are in (lowest level they are healers, mid levels they are physical dps, and high levels they are mages). In 40 they are better healers than clerics and their human skills are much better suited to healing/survival, and they get way more points as a healer than a dpser. It is kind of switched in 40. Clerics should be mages and sages should be healers.  

Sages are great healers too, but they lack the defensiveness a cleric has. A sage would still be a better player if they managed to both heal and DPS though. It's not wrong to play sage going for only one role, if that role is DPS, that isn't playing the class wrong. Since it's a class that can do everything, it's up to the player really.

maco596

Rank 0
PostedMay 27, 2013 5:44 am
Welcome Back, The Sage in Illana getting too many, so dont use sage anymore, or i will get another problem sage again XD just joking, but true sage is overpopulated now. i'm a wizard so i'm scared to Sage.

walmazi

Rank 4
PostedMay 27, 2013 6:52 am
The thing is, as a sage healer you don't get nearly enough support from your team mates.
I play a healer-sage in 40 arena and the vast amount of time my teamates let me get ganked upon while running after (anything else reallly) bunnies.

As is probably know very well, 40 doesn't exactly have much of what-is-called teamwork. Ideally yes you're right tho, the ability to stealht, root, rb, rez heal make them great healers.

Need to get some xtal damage in too to actually get some points.

infernape276

Rank 3
PostedMay 27, 2013 7:24 am
Im not gonna tell you other stuff people have said... Im just gonna say HI and GOOD LUCK IN GAME Very Happy

ForceField/DumbleDore/Hera123