SeaStory

Rank 0
SeaStory
PostedMay 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Returning to GF

Which class?
Its been a really long while since I've played GF, so I am not up to date on changes made to classes. I will probably play a Sage/Mystic again, but I wanna know if it is worth trying to set up for both staff and hammer early on, and does a Sage/Mystic have any chance of coming close to the DPS an Assassin/DS can reach?. I also wanna know how popular Sages/Mystics are (Cuz playing an overused class is lame Razz )

PS~ Sorry if the post is worded funny.
Advertisement

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Welcome back to GF! ♥

It depends if you're going to PvP or not "early on" and when "early on" is for you. If you're just going to focus on lvling up, then I don't really see any need for building both a staff build and a hammer build until you're actually at a level you want to PvP at.

Sage has great DPS if you have good gears and if you know how to play your class right. It's kind of hard to compare because there's a lot of different builds for sage, including the forms, and how well you can DPS depends on your gears, but I wouldn't say sage have a disadvantage on the DPS side.

How "popular" they are depends on which arena bracket, in some there's almost none and in some there's a bunch. You should just play the class you want to~

<center></center>

SeaStory

Rank 0
SeaStory
PostedMay 26, 2013 3:59 pm
ThaoBear wrote:
Welcome back to GF! ♥

It depends if you're going to PvP or not "early on" and when "early on" is for you. If you're just going to focus on lvling up, then I don't really see any need for building both a staff build and a hammer build until you're actually at a level you want to PvP at.

Sage has great DPS if you have good gears and if you know how to play your class right. It's kind of hard to compare because there's a lot of different builds for sage, including the forms, and how well you can DPS depends on your gears, but I wouldn't say sage have a disadvantage on the DPS side.

How "popular" they are depends on which arena bracket, in some there's almost none and in some there's a bunch. You should just play the class you want to~  

I was/am/always a heavy PvP'er xP I plan on making a pit-stop at the 40's, then skip past 50's over to 60. Back when I played a lot, the 40's weren't a very nice place to stay for staff sages, so that's why I asked.

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 26, 2013 4:02 pm
SeaStory wrote:
I was/am/always a heavy PvP'er xP I plan on making a pit-stop at the 40's, then skip past 50's over to 60. Back when I played a lot, the 40's weren't a very nice place to stay for staff sages, so that's why I asked.  

I wouldn't say it's impossible to do well with staff sage at 40, but I've only seen one person pull it off well.. and it's just soooo much easier to be a good sage at 40 if you use hammers, so yeah, I wouldn't go staff sage at that level. Except changing to sleep staff for defense when needed.

<center></center>

SeaStory

Rank 0
SeaStory
PostedMay 26, 2013 4:07 pm
ThaoBear wrote:
SeaStory wrote:

I wouldn't say it's impossible to do well with staff sage at 40, but I've only seen one person pull it off well.. and it's just soooo much easier to be a good sage at 40 if you use hammers, so yeah, I wouldn't go staff sage at that level. Except changing to sleep staff for defense when needed.  

Alright thank you very much for your time~

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedMay 26, 2013 5:40 pm

tbh

how it is
40 Sages were MEANT to be healers and use a lot of different weps including staffs. When a 40 sage tries to dps, they automatically lose and put themselves at a disservice. But I've seen some epic healing sages. Also your better off dpsing with multi proc as a human mage dpser than as a wolf. But in the end sages become epic in 40 when they are the primary healers.

Stun hammer sages are epic fails. rooting, aoeing and healing are your tickets to OPness.

yarito96

Rank 2
yarito96
PostedMay 26, 2013 6:00 pm
Welcome Back , well I guess you already found the answer Smile

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: tbh

how it is
sababafiddle wrote:
40 Sages were MEANT to be healers and use a lot of different weps including staffs. When a 40 sage tries to dps, they automatically lose and put themselves at a disservice. But I've seen some epic healing sages. Also your better off dpsing with multi proc as a human mage dpser than as a wolf. But in the end sages become epic in 40 when they are the primary healers.

Stun hammer sages are epic fails. rooting, aoeing and healing are your tickets to OPness.  

Sage is very versatile, they were never meant to specifically preform just one role. They can support, they can tank, they can DPS.

SeaStory

Rank 0
SeaStory
PostedMay 26, 2013 8:39 pm
How popular are each of the classes? I understand in some brackets a class will dominate over others (I.E. 50's and Rangers), but I wanna know in general.

Burnanating

Rank 4
Burnanating
PostedMay 26, 2013 10:03 pm
40: sins and rangers thats pretty much it. A sage can do well in this bracket, since there will be newer players who aren't geared that you can nom, and depending on your fort, and hammers you can take down zerks, some paladins, sages, some clerics, wizards, necros, sins if you can catch them out, and rangers if you can catch them out

50: Rangers. Sage is probably the most OP in this bracket because of 2x stun hammers -damage taken mastery, and relic for -20% crit rate recieved. You can easily kill just about anything in this bracket (except for pallys, clerics, and some zerks)

60: Sins and rangers once again. Sage's don't do too well in this bracket, since every class (except the healer branch) has access to triple hit weapons. If you continue to use the same gears at 50 it still works well. I would advise getting the 60 relic, and 2h 60 hammer for when you catch out and want to 1 combo them (burn is super op)

70: This bracket is super easy for a myst (if you have pvp set) as long as you have your talents you can kill pretty much anything except a few AM's and props

80: Myst is even more OP (1h yellow hammer with triple attack) or the 2 handed hammer which has a stun, crit, and attack speed. Using staff will let you be able to kill anything with the exception of a players

90: Shaman is (from what I read) 2nd most OP class in this bracket. No other information available.