xxFaeixx

Rank 1
xxFaeixx
PostedMay 26, 2013 7:52 pm
I'd just like to point out that, as a Quill player, I don't think it's nice to blame all the economy problems on quill. Sure, it had op clay prices, but there are a lot of things on quill that were a LOT cheaper than they were before the merge. I'm sure Ponchee also had a lot of OP items too, and when we try to merge our economies, the sellers will obviously take the higher price. So what used to be normal on Quill is now OP, and what used to be normal on Ponchee is also OP. In a way, it really isn't anyone's fault, if you had to sell something, it's common sense to get the most out of it.

Advertisement

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
PostedMay 27, 2013 1:41 am
In the end I actually think it comes down to supply no matter how greedy the players are if the market gets flooded prices MUST go down. Just using the SS3 as an example on Ponchee(which I'm assuming has more forum users) they stayed at a stable 220-250g rate because of the UGS.

No matter how OP the players want to make it with the constant supply (because it was fairly well known) it can't go up in price. Now with the UGS opening on weekends only and then subsequently closing(because Aeria wants to make a money grab with those super sage stone bags) prices skyrocket because there isn't enough supply.

Similarly I've noticed that most of the AP buyers at the moment are buying to keep ( I know I am) not spend which means that there is less items than before (I sell x item for as much gold as possible and convert to AP which then does not get converted into items). In a sense this also means that gold is worth less because we as AP buyers will offer more of it for AP(since gold in a game that we do not play is worthless to us) which leaves those that care about the game with more gold and when they want something that is scarce they will be inclined to pay more for it. This leaves the impression that there is more gold in the game when there isn't its just that gold does not get converted into items as often (Normal:Item>gold>AP>item Now:Item>gold>AP)

Last but not least promotions are getting worse and worse so same amount of AP spent=less items. (I personally think there is actually less and less AP spent on this game)

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMay 27, 2013 2:58 am
In other words everyone's looking to profit off GF at the moment and not put back into it.

While it is a great time to be selling AP cards, there's an unclear forecast ahead. Those SS bags Rolling Eyes

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
PostedMay 27, 2013 3:02 am
walmazi wrote:
In other words everyone's looking to profit off GF at the moment and not put back into it.

While it is a great time to be selling AP cards, there's an unclear forecast ahead. Those SS bags Rolling Eyes  
yes thanks for the TLDR xD

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMay 27, 2013 7:18 am
feilidxy wrote:
walmazi wrote:

yes thanks for the TLDR xD  

OMG sorry no! I didn't mean it in that way. I was reading it, and in confirming my thoughts about it I automatically summarized it. Peace peace <3

With all the above actually said, I do not expect prices to come down just yet the way it did with post-merge-Ponchee because of what was stated above.

xxFaeixx

Rank 1
xxFaeixx
PostedMay 27, 2013 8:58 am
If the UGS does not come back with some decent prices, I think prices will continue to rise, and people will be forced to buy things these op, and then when they get stuff, they'll sell OP to get the gold to buy the already OP things, so these OP things will get more OP. (if that makes any sense) Unless we have an alternative where we can buy from for much cheaper, these prices aren't going anywhere but up.

gothalls

Rank 2
gothalls
PostedMay 27, 2013 4:37 pm
With what prices went up to for players get greedy to make more from what quills server prices were at i don't think it was a good move .

i just decided to quit playing all together after i seen msi2 at 5 k gold msi3 at 7k gold i'm not going to waste my time running dungens 1-2 days on 7 characters just to get 1 item i got a life to .

So all i say you greedy players TY for killing the game i think these prices will end up making server close soon than later . You guys really need to think as players doing thinks like that aregoing end up having negitive effects on the game in more than 1 way

The man who flees from battle come's back to kill another Day MUHAHAHAAH

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMay 27, 2013 5:43 pm
I think people are blaming just players at the moment. But I think Fei puts it quite nicely:

• No UGS: People may have become too reliant on it, nor was it ever considered a permanent solution.

• Not-so-great tiers: Atleast I know I don't like them, no cat-hat sprite costumes! Whazzat!

• Limited supply: If there are less of something, are you really expecting the supply to remain the same?

• Fear of shutdown: As probably indicated here, there are infact alot of hurt players. Especially considering many games were closed recently there's a nervous atmosphere. Also in the mind of alot of many players is the fear that Grand Fantasia being the oldest running anime MMO that it may get the chop.

• Lack of an official word and assumptions made: We don't have any surety of why the UGS was shutdown at this point, some people may assume that as that 'player, events, and guild' is now directly under server activities, that there WILL be no new servers.

• New games coming: Lime Oddesey after alot of tweaking is about to be finally be released. There will be a smallening of the population due to some players moving there.

Yes I've added extra points but are all these things just coincidence?

Potential forecast: They leave eco as it is; maybe do the purple and archive updates (by which time Lime will hopefully have come out) and then do the... ya know.

minahope

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedMay 27, 2013 5:52 pm
Prices are high because:

1. The merge happened not even a month ago. Everything is a little crazy right now.
  2. People are greedy and always will be.
  3. ^ The above. People who try to play the good-guy are generally full of poo. "I wouldn't set prices as high as this!" Bull, if you knew you could make a profit, you would. Not saying everyone is this way,but about 90% are. Even when the prices settle down and everyone gets used to them, they won't be perfect, someone will Always complain.

4. M-clays,mfi's, Vanity are all high because people know that 1, people are so to speak desperate for said things and will pay for them. 2, They can sell it at that cost.

If you REALLY want to stop the high priced items, then a bunch of people need to...brace yourselves. Stop paying out the wallet for it. Guess what, if you all just stop buying these OP things, eventually they go down. Because why? A wonderful thing called tax. No, a 20k brand new outfit won't go down to 2k. No MFI4s won't go down to 1k. Be realistic.

Why do I say this? Because, I market things, repeatedly. And if I know I can sell said things for a higher price, I will. I'm not afraid to say I'm greedy, I need things too, you know. Weapons, sets, etc.

Tl;dr:
Prices are never ever ever ever going to be as low as everyone wants. Stop complaining about it because it's a old,over used topic.

Mkay Bai. Don't bother replying as I don't plan to re-visit this topic and won't see it.

Have a nice day.

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedMay 27, 2013 6:00 pm

lol

ikr
@walmazi your unspoken forecast is well more or less guaranteed

haven't bought a single thing since the merge. Only time I even bother coming on is if I think theres a chance of 40 hf or ea starting and if they don't begin to fill up I move on. Don't even log on my 90s anymore could care less. I'm kind of in transition of getting more involved with different games that are much more active.