Author Message

TheSanf

Rank 0
TheSanf
Joined
11 Mar 2012
Posts
29
Location
United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Coming Back.

Okay, So i played GF awhile back towards the beginning and I'm wondering, is it worth coming back to? GF was very fun back in the day when you would see people everywhere and I hope it's still like that now. I guess my real question is how's the population compared to something like eden eternal (what I'm currently playing) and how's the economy on the new server? Also is everyone prepared to go to LO?

Just some questions, because I reallly wanna start playing this game again but I don't wanna play a MMO that no one is playing .-. I'd really appreciate an answer ^.^

Advertisement

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
Joined
07 May 2013
Posts
618
Location
Cloud Nine, Norway
PostedMay 25, 2013 5:13 pm
All the servers are now just one server, and that helped the activity a lot. There's a lot of people actively playing and GF is still an enjoyable game imo~ I haven't played EE since it was new, so I can't compare the two games in terms of population, but as GF is older, GF probably has less active players. The economy on the new setver is fine, prices went up a bit compared to on Ponchee before, but it will eventually sink. Whether to move on to LO or not when the game goes into OB is up to each individual though.

Welcome back to GF if you decide to give it another chance~ ♥

<center></center>

TheSanf

Rank 0
TheSanf
Joined
11 Mar 2012
Posts
29
Location
United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 5:18 pm
ThaoBear wrote:
All the servers are now just one server, and that helped the activity a lot. There's a lot of people actively playing and GF is still an enjoyable game imo~ I haven't played EE since it was new, so I can't compare the two games in terms of population, but as GF is older, GF probably has less active players. The economy on the new setver is fine, prices went up a bit compared to on Ponchee before, but it will eventually sink. Whether to move on to LO or not when the game goes into OB is up to each individual though.

Welcome back to GF if you decide to give it another chance~ ♥  


Thank you I guess I'll come back. It's worth a try! ^o^

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
Joined
02 Oct 2011
Posts
1040
Location
In a house in Australia
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:01 pm
Welcome Back to GF~ ♥

Katsurin

Rank 0
Katsurin
Joined
25 Apr 2013
Posts
87
Location
Korea, South
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:20 pm
Welcome back to GF

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Posts
757
Location
The Moosen Cave - Canada
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:44 pm
Welcome back to GF!! We've gotten quite a bit of new content most of the guides are on this page, If you have any questions or just wanna chat my IGN is GSKyliegh. Hope you enjoy your time here ^-^

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
Joined
01 Oct 2011
Posts
2150
Location
Deep Space, Australia
PostedMay 26, 2013 12:01 am   Last edited by walmazi on May 26, 2013 1:20 am. Edited 1 time in total
I would just like to make a comparison between both leveling and population in both games.
Leveling:

  • EE: Mainline quests are more directive, auto-guiding helps. Easy and decent leveling between most levels all the way to 50. Limited dungeons are <3

  • GF: Leveling is also decent, but I recommend joining a guild with players around your level as hours of solo grinding can get boring. Gets especially active level 60+ and still seeing many newbies in Siwa Island! I remember when I first started going past 50 was the hardest stage for me.


Population:
Notice: I have not played Eden in a while so I asked the EE shoutbox.

  • EE: After asking in the Eden shoutbox, I have been told that the population is 'waning'. However the overall population is still at healthy levels.

  • GF: Kind of the same, however as everything is on the one server, everyone is together and this really works for the game. Most arena's do run atleast once a day and having been at level 70 for a few months, I did not have any trouble finding a party, etc to level with.


To move to LO or not? I feel that perhaps due to the nature of the guilds in both EE and GF, many people will stay playing these games through till they are closed. Other motivations to stay include a number of updates to come for both games, and a variety of dailies to do. I know I'm staying Smile

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
Joined
13 May 2012
Posts
193
Location
Failifornia, United States
PostedMay 26, 2013 12:24 am
Welcome back! I just returned to GF after a 5-6 month quit/break myself.
The servers merged which is a great thing.
Prices are lower and there's a pretty large player base.

There are still a few issues with the game but I think the merge changed it for the better.

Have fun! ~

I make my own signatures. And yes I can make you one, but they aren't free. Inbox me if you'd like to work something out. :)

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
Joined
23 Jul 2008
Posts
991
Location
Somewhere, Australia
PostedMay 26, 2013 12:36 am
walmazi wrote:

To move to LO or not? I feel that perhaps due to the nature of the guilds in both EE and GF, many people will stay playing these games through till they are closed. Other motivations to stay include a number of updates to come for both games, and a variety of dailies to do. I know I'm stay Smile  
I'd like to note that while LO OB won't cause GF to close or anything that dramatic I do think it will lose quite a bit of playerbase (kinda like when EE came out)

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
Joined
01 Oct 2011
Posts
2150
Location
Deep Space, Australia
PostedMay 26, 2013 1:19 am
feilidxy wrote:
walmazi wrote:

To move to LO or not? I feel that perhaps due to the nature of the guilds in both EE and GF, many people will stay playing these games through till they are closed. Other motivations to stay include a number of updates to come for both games, and a variety of dailies to do. I know I'll be staying Smile  
I'd like to note that while LO OB won't cause GF to close or anything that dramatic I do think it will lose quite a bit of playerbase (kinda like when EE came out)  

As a newer anime based MMORPG with lots of new features and future updates to come, it will most certainly. Slightly off-topic: Turga staff-cleric is what I'm wanting to be. Smile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: