CollinEvan

Rank 2
CollinEvan
PostedMay 25, 2013 9:58 pm
LadyXae,

give me your ingame name, I'll send you some.. since I quit and those that play are mostly too greedy to lend a hand to others.

They are free with the advise tho.. for all the good that is..
Advertisement

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:25 pm
I dont actually quite get what you're QQing about, I mean this system is a lot better than some other MMO's and this is actually the first time I've ever seen anyone QQ about this system over the years I've been playing.

Myself, have never had to repair my equipment until I was at least level 66+ Before that, I only ever repaired it if I was attempting to fort it.

As others have said about a billion times, I've yet to see a player be an AP buyer just for repairing equipment, Yes these mallets might be expensive at a lower level until you're about level 60, which they then become inexpensive. I dont see why you need to repair it every time you go to a city.

You've been playing this game for about a week, yes? Well I'd put you at about level 25-40, So as a new player, I dont think you quite understand everything just yet. Level your first character up to above level 66 and then in my opinion it would be suitable for you to QQ about something like this.

Tanks are really the only people that actually do deserve a right to QQ about it but whats said is said and this is my two cents. I'm just telling it how I see it.

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:40 pm
I don't think of it as a scam by any means. It takes a while to lower equip durability to the point of 0/0 unless you die every few minutes in certain maps.

You can buy hammers for 400g or less (mainly less), and I don't know of anyone personally who has bought hammers with AP, or atleast does so on a daily basis. Redeemed them in tiers maybe but thats about it.

Basically just like Fenize said, don't repair if you don't need to. Even on my 60 alt nubs I can get 400g easy within a day by MOs, selling things my sprites collect and buying and reselling various things in game.

Just my thoughts /o/

karenskid4

Rank 0
karenskid4
PostedMay 25, 2013 10:46 pm
walmazi wrote:
Food for thought:Consider the Starlight Story fortification system, where every fortification can raise or lower the level of fortification and drops durability regardless with success rates far lower than GF. Consider that this system also reduces durability in dungeon deaths. Isn't our game a bit more lenient?  

The SLS fort system drives me crazy! At least in GFO you only go up in forts e_e and the dura..ugh..<3 GFO in this area.

LadyXaenyth

Rank 0
LadyXaenyth
PostedMay 26, 2013 12:34 am
Well it seems like everybody is saying it gets more reasonable as you get to be higher level and can afford them. I can dig that, I guess it's like how magic soda pop was really expensive at first but now its chump change...

Even still I only have like 400 gold to my name and I could only afford one with my life savings at this point =(

I still think I have a good point about there not being a warning about this. Wouldn't it be more fair to only lose maximum durability when repairing from 0/X still?

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedMay 26, 2013 12:52 am   Last edited by lollypopfish on May 26, 2013 1:07 am. Edited 1 time in total
LadyXaenyth wrote:
Well it seems like everybody is saying it gets more reasonable as you get to be higher level and can afford them. I can dig that, I guess it's like how magic soda pop was really expensive at first but now its chump change...

Even still I only have like 400 gold to my name and I could only afford one with my life savings at this point =(

I still think I have a good point about there not being a warning about this. Wouldn't it be more fair to only lose maximum durability when repairing from 0/X still?  
Well if you would like to suggest it then feel free to do so by suggesting here.

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMay 26, 2013 1:04 am
lollypopfish wrote:
LadyXaenyth wrote:

Well if you would like to suggest it then feel free to do so by suggesting* .  

Fixed*

And yes I would be in favour of the suggestion if it was placed there.

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 26, 2013 2:43 am
LadyXaenyth wrote:

Completely understandable that it seems expensive when you just started the game, but unless you tried to fortify your gear, you shouldn't have to worry about Repair Mallets until later into the game, when you hopefully can afford it.

If not, it doesn't hurt to ask for some help with it, if you PM me on "BambiBear" I'm sure I can find some extra mallets lying around~

<center></center>

LadyXaenyth

Rank 0
LadyXaenyth
PostedMay 26, 2013 2:52 am
I did try to fortify my gear, I got lucky and got my chest and boots to +7 with just grade b scrolls =D

I guess it is kind of my fault too for not paying close enough attention and just clicking repair all, its kind of a habit from playing games like Diablo and others. At least durability doesn't go down very fast from combat.

Is there any penalty for having a piece of equipment break from not repairing it?

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 26, 2013 2:54 am
LadyXaenyth wrote:
I did try to fortify my gear, I got lucky and got my chest and boots to +7 with just grade b scrolls =D

I guess it is kind of my fault too for not paying close enough attention and just clicking repair all, its kind of a habit from playing games like Diablo and others. At least durability doesn't go down very fast from combat.

Is there any penalty for having a piece of equipment break from not repairing it?  

If it's already equipped when it breaks, you won't get the bonus stats from it. If it's in your bag when breaks, you can't equip it until you repair it.

<center></center>