Author Message

LONG_TIME

Rank 2
LONG_TIME
Joined
17 Nov 2009
Posts
649
Location
LONG ISLAND United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 4:45 pm
I have been playing since this game came out and this has never been an issue for me. :/
Advertisement

Fenize

Rank 1
Fenize
Joined
06 Dec 2010
Posts
321
Location
Ilya, Saphael, Netherlands
PostedMay 25, 2013 4:47 pm
LadyXaenyth wrote:
It doesn't take a genius to realize that the repair system is set up this way to force people into buying AP for repair hammers.  
It doesn't take a genius to realize to not repair what isn't broken when you know repairs can cost you max durability.

And also, like I said before, you probably won't even need repair mallets before lvl 60. And when you're past that level you will gain enough gold in game to be able to buy them in game without having to buy AP. If you still feel the need to complain about this system, I can only agree to what Bambi said:
ThaoBear wrote:
then you might as well just go uninstall before you advance further into the game and learn about the items with a cost much much much higher than Repair Mallets, also quite "needed" and aren't close to as common as Repair Mallets.  

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 4:49 pm
OP is probably like, early/mid game levels and decided to spam repair every time he visited a town.

This has never been an issue, for anyone. It's a well needed and very common gold sink for MMORPGs. Unless you are a tank constantly having to mob dungeons, there is no reason to be complaining about repairs.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
Joined
22 Feb 2010
Posts
1435
Location
Morphine, Dreamland United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 4:55 pm
LadyXaenyth wrote:
The way things are this might be the best way to prevent durability loss but that forces us to behave in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and is unduly inconvenient.  


LadyXaenyth wrote:
and I study games and gaming for a living.  


The system in this game that "forces" you to spend AP is more lenient than many, if not most, of the free-to-play models out there, which you should know, seeing as you claim to study games.



LadyXaenyth wrote:
It doesn't take a genius to realize that the repair system is set up this way to force people into buying AP for repair hammers.  


Yes, and most people accept it, because it's really not as bad as you make it out to be.

Once again, are you even listening?

You don't need to spend AP to buy repair hammers.

You don't need to spend AP to buy repair hammers.

You don't need to spend AP to buy repair hammers.

LadyXaenyth wrote:
I might be the only one to post a thread like this but for every person who says something there are tens, maybe hundreds, who don't.  


Sure I'll give you a 100 to 1 representation. But it's also only fair that every other poster here also gets a 100 to 1 representation as well. What makes you special?

You're still in the minority.

LadyXaenyth

Rank 0
LadyXaenyth
Joined
12 May 2013
Posts
23
Location
Bloomington United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 6:32 pm
I suppose I should not have expected to get an intelligent debate on such a forum. You would all seriously defend a system that is deliberately set up to be exploitative of the player base?

Even without the element of intentional exploitation the way repairs are set up is misleading, unduly punitive and frankly annoying.

I am certain this has driven away many players and will continue to do so until it is changed. There are many other threads in the archives about this and others have taken the same position on it as me so just because all of the replies so far have been flamers does not mean that I am in the minority on this.

If I had known about this before I would never have played this game to begin with...

Silversnow78

Rank 1
Silversnow78
Joined
04 Aug 2010
Posts
312
Location
Food Land United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 7:19 pm
Mallets are very inexpensive, and like someone else said, are not ap exclusive. I've never had any reason to buy them except for fortification failures, and even if your equipment breaks and loses durability, you shouldn't have to buy a repair mallet for every time it breaks.I would only buy the mallets if you lost over half durability, or if the item is close to breaking.

karenskid4

Rank 0
karenskid4
Joined
29 Jan 2012
Posts
112
Location
Hellfire United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 7:25 pm
Wait wait WAIT! People spend AP on mallets? *jaw drops* Really? Like..you're being serious here? AP?

MinatoSahashi

Rank 0
MinatoSahashi
Joined
01 Jun 2010
Posts
33
Location
Netherlands
PostedMay 25, 2013 7:40 pm
So I read this, and thought of writing something. But alas I'm lazy so I'll just do this.


ThaoBear wrote:
Honestly, if you think that you're being "forced" to buy AP because you need Repair Mallets.. of all items.. then you might as well just go uninstall before you advance further into the game and learn about the items with a cost much much much higher than Repair Mallets, also quite "needed" and aren't close to as common as Repair Mallets.  


^ That ._.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedMay 25, 2013 7:42 pm
"WAH WAH WAH PEOPLE DON'T AGREE WITH ME OR THINK MY COMPLAINT IS IMPORTANT, I'M JUST OBVIOUSLY TOO INTELLIGENT FOR THEM."

People like you on these forums are like, a dime a dozen.
Repairs are the least of any ones worry in this game, just because a newer player comes on the forums whining about a function that has been fine the way it is for years in this game doesn't mean we're all going to hop on your bandwagon of unnecessary complaints.

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
Joined
01 Oct 2011
Posts
1615
Location
Riding a kangaroo, Australia
PostedMay 25, 2013 8:05 pm
Very early on in the game mallets are infact 'expensive' considering their cost in relation to sprite cookies and other bare necessities.

I understand that this is an issue sometimes.
Early on in the game, I recommend remaking orange weapons and armor if their durability drops down to 0/0.

As for more expensive items like beserker legacy I would recommend avoiding excessively fortifying them or using them as repairing using repair mallets can be an expensive venture especially for new players.

I can promise that later on in the game, it becomes significantly easier to repair things due to the amount of gold that can be obtained within a day.

As for intelligible debate, I do not feel that you are exactly being open to people's views and as a result, you leave no scope for debate or learning. I would like to see these threads you reference from the archives.

Neither are some of the players responding considering that the OP is very new to the game and perhaps thier lack of understanding and confusion has turned into bitterness and anger toward the system.

Food for thought:Consider the Starlight Story fortification system, where every fortification can raise or lower the level of fortification and drops durability regardless with success rates far lower than GF. Consider that this system also reduces durability in dungeon deaths. Isn't our game a bit more lenient?
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: