only1leilani

Rank 0
only1leilani
PostedMay 24, 2013 11:24 am
JoshexDirad wrote:
@3 no player has a power that drains enemy SP, but this person I call a hacker managed to do so - chew on that  

After skimming through your post & reading that line, I couldn't even be bothered to continue skimming through it. I will say that you clearly have not heard of the Whipper or Defender ultimate skills. Note under the debuff section of each screenshotted skills I've linked for you, both state Instant SP: -400...lol.
Advertisement

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedMay 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Humpius wrote:

i second this... after reading that reply

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMay 24, 2013 1:29 pm
only1leilani wrote:
JoshexDirad wrote:
@3 no player has a power that drains enemy SP, but this person I call a hacker managed to do so - chew on that  

After skimming through your post & reading that line, I couldn't even be bothered to continue skimming through it. I will say that you clearly have not heard of the Whipper or Defender ultimate skills. Note under the debuff section of each screenshotted skills I've linked for you, both state Instant SP: -400...lol.  

If you look at the OP, it says:

my whipper's health and SP get suddenly drained to 200 HP and 20 SP as soon as I get in 20 meters of certain Free Knights players even if they aren't attacking.  

In that sense, no, there is no skill that drains like that.

zappo.feelgood

Rank 0
zappo.feelgood
PostedMay 24, 2013 4:03 pm
draakdorei wrote:

my whipper's health and SP get suddenly drained to 200 HP and 20 SP as soon as I get in 20 meters of certain Free Knights players even if they aren't attacking.  

The basic problem is that we don't know how accurate the OP's reporting is, what their base stats are, or what circumstances he's reporting under.

4-5 players throwing cluster bombs can produce the reported effect, and groups who work together a lot can (and do) coordinate that attack pretty reliably.

JoshexDirad wrote:
see in an MMO WORKING PVP goes like this:

are you ranged? stay at the back of the pack to survive, if you come to the front you will die and there will be no running.

are you a healer? stay in the center of the pack, only attack if someone comes close.

are you a melee type? depending on your def and void rating stay at the front of the pack or charge the enemy lines

that is working PVP in a nutshell, the moment you allow hit and run is the moment that all breaks and the PVP becomes a chore for everyone except ranged players.  

This explains a lot, tbh -- you're used to playing games where classes are mainly balanced for PvE gameplay (like WoW, maybe), not for good PvP.

If that's the kind of balancing you find most enjoyable, then that's your thing. But many people disagree, and would find your suggestions to be completely awful if applied to this game.

JoshexDirad

Rank 0
PostedMay 24, 2013 7:10 pm
zappo.feelgood wrote:
draakdorei wrote:

The basic problem is that we don't know how accurate the OP's reporting is, what their base stats are, or what circumstances he's reporting under.

4-5 players throwing cluster bombs can produce the reported effect, and groups who work together a lot can (and do) coordinate that attack pretty reliably.

JoshexDirad wrote:
see in an MMO WORKING PVP goes like this:

are you ranged? stay at the back of the pack to survive, if you come to the front you will die and there will be no running.

are you a healer? stay in the center of the pack, only attack if someone comes close.

are you a melee type? depending on your def and void rating stay at the front of the pack or charge the enemy lines

that is working PVP in a nutshell, the moment you allow hit and run is the moment that all breaks and the PVP becomes a chore for everyone except ranged players.  

This explains a lot, tbh -- you're used to playing games where classes are mainly balanced for PvE gameplay (like WoW, maybe), not for good PvP.

If that's the kind of balancing you find most enjoyable, then that's your thing. But many people disagree, and would find your suggestions to be completely awful if applied to this game.  

I checked system, all that damage and SP drain came from the one player in one shot, and they weren't even attacking. that and it was at the RG base lol the guards went after them (a punisher) and they just stood there lol.. no damage..

maybe.. maybe I'll start playing again and next time I catch this happening I'll take a screenshot of the system feedback on damage delt and from whom.

but I really don't want to have to blow someone in, I'd rather just get some sort of anti hacking put in place, because honestly, yeah I report one player, he gets angry and gets 10 friends on then you have 10 hackers... it's a vicious cycle.

on the note of class ballancing, to be honest this isn;t a question of opinion lol there is a reason that in the past wit-less players who don;t understand why things are as they are; requested "a Ranged architype with defense, avoid and resistence oh and with tons of damage! and possibly some defense debuff"

do you know what the game was? City of Heroes
do you know what architypes the devs made? Peacebringers and Warshades
do you know how they ballanced it?

they made the architype SUPER weak to special enemies that only spawn when they are around, even in PVP zones you could find a random Voidstalker or 2 and they can really ruin a Nictus's day.

also they did give them a higher resistence cap than with most units but it was still below a tanker, AND they loose some of that defense if they want to become heavily ranged!

to become heavily ranged they must switch (shapeshift) to the Nova form, at which point they have decent defense and such and have damaging ranged attacks with some defense debuff, but at the same time they must deactivate all their armor and can;t turn it on again unless they switch forms back to human.

you see there has to be a ballance.

Super damage and debuff + ranged with high def and void and chackra res? theres gotta be some sort of ballance. maybe punishers and sentinels should only get ANY def res and void boosts IF and ONLY IF they are fighting the opponent who is damaging them at melee range. all other times they should be squishy. super 2-4 hit squishy

shadow-walkers although they are a melee unit; they have a stealth ability, super high damage and holding/stuns/sleep. in City of heroes we had something exactly the same, a Stalker, what was the stalker's weakness? out of all the melee types it had the smallest amount of HP, and the lowest defense and resistence rating. still better than ranged units but definitely the kind of opponent that cannot take on a tanker allone.

JoshexDirad

Rank 0
PostedMay 26, 2013 2:30 pm
only1leilani wrote:
JoshexDirad wrote:

also, I hadn't used the skills that you posted here, I hadn't used any ultimate whipper skills. so sorry, no. we got a hacking problem.

I have a solution to this issue, City of heroes started with 1 faction then they added the city of villains which made 2 factions, later they added the booster "city of heroes: going rogue" which allowed players who purchased the booster to slowly turn thier heroes into villains and villains into heroes.

it was a 2 step process that took no less than 4 days.

to complete the process a player had to complete special "allignment missions" you chose which version of the mission you would play: (for heroes) Hero or Vigilante, (for villains) Villain or Rogue.

by for example being a hero and completeing 10 Vigilante missions (max of 5 allowed in 20 hours) you would switch allignments to become a Vigilante which allowed you to not only keep playing on hero side but also visit villain side (however you could not get Villain side missions, but could play them if someone else started them, Also you could not enter PVP zones from villain side) As a hero if you completed 10 hero allignment missions you would get 1 Hero Merit Item, save up enough (around 30) and you could buy any 1 item from a special shop that carried all the (purple) Super rare stuff that you normally would have to wait for ever to get from drops or buy from the store.

For a Vigilante you can now complete 3 different types of allignment missions Hero, vigilante or Villain. completing 10 vigilante missions would give you 10 Reward Merits which with 100 to 300 you could buy normal level or Orange (rare) recipes.

Completing 10 Hero Missions would make you a Hero agian. completeing 10 Villain missions (PVP zone/ Cooperative zone only) would make you a full blown villain and force you to not be able to visit the Hero side maps any longer.

For Scarlet Blade we could do something similar, this way people would have the abbility to migrate from side to side thus no one side would be overpowering and if it is people could switch sides rather than be stuck on the loosing side where theres not many players..

So we have;

Royal Guards

and

Free Knights

lets add 2 new allignments that you can only join later after being either RG or Free Knights first and reaching LV 20. at LV 20 you can accept special missions with 2 options 1 with good morals and 1 with bad morals like "kill the Free Knights scout in the bachtrian area of the swamp" you go and you bring thier health down below 1/4th then they talk to you

"please don't kill me I'm only here to protect the bachtrians" you are presented with 2 loaylty options "kill her as orders said" OR "let her go"

there will be two intermediary alllignments, Royal Loners and Rogue Knights.

every 2 days you can switch 1 allignment, you cannot go straight from RG to Free Knights or Free Knights to RG your need to go RG then RL then Free Knights, or Free Knights then RK then RG

switching allignments will not kick you out of your guild but you will not be able to visit your guild base if you become an opposing player. even guild leader status will not be revoked.

we should give reward items for completeing any form of allignment missions, and special shops in which you can use these reward items to buy special things. but you'll only get these reward items if you do 20 missions of one allignment type consecutively. and if you change allignments you'll loose all the reward items you gained as the former allignment but not the things you bought with them. (have the reward options be different on both sides)

why not also give special extra Skills based one which allignment you have switched to.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMay 26, 2013 3:28 pm
Not so sure City of Heroes is a great example considering the game got shut down already; even with 2 expansions (City of Villains and the Going Rogue thing you mentioned).

As far as the hacking, if it's not reported, then it's never going to get fixed.

With the class balances, ShadowWalkers do have the least amount of HP in the melee classes. Punishers are already super-squishy characters, most of the time and Sentinels are the perfect hit-and-run tactics class because of their natural speed boosts.

When you start playing against people who have +10'd all of their gear over the course of two months and are at a level that has no significant reasoning to balance it (my opinion), that it becomes more apparent that PvP balance wasn't worked out for level 29s.

I can't think of m/any MMORPGs that balanced PvP around the early to mid-range level of PvP, which is where we are in the current state of the game (final max cap is 69, iirc). WoW, in particular, is notoriously bad about it because everyone runs twinks in there anyway.

ausmade1

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
ausmade1
PostedMay 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: PVP broken

I don't like complaining.
JoshexDirad wrote:
ausmade1 wrote:
JoshexDirad wrote:

as for the hacking.. seriously I don't know why all of aeria's american and european servers are full of hackers and gold spam bots.. gee i wonder, OH maybe because the rest of the world hates us! asia and russia and the middle east and the countries in africa, they come on our american and european servers to spam thier adds and hack us for satisfaction of telling thier friends "I hacked some american players today, I feel so good about ruining thier gameplay experience, they think they are superior to us so now we will be superior to them in thier own luxury game."

i thought this was a serious post and was interested... untill i read this part. i could only laugh and take the rest of the post a joke. well done, thanx for the laugh  

not a laughing matter, there are some really poor people in the listed countries who have been told america and europe has all the money thats why they are poor. they really hate our guts and are under the delsion that we are all rich evil monsters, so they find great satisfaction in gold spamming our servers and hacking the game to defeat us in PVP. plain and simple, it's an unwarrented grudge.  

its a laughing manner because its the most ridiculous thing iv heard. hackers don't come from a certain country(s), all country's have silly people in them who think its funny but dont say
"I hacked some american players today, I feel so good about ruining thier gameplay experience, they think they are superior to us so now we will be superior to them in thier own luxury game."
if you took that whole statement out, this thread might of been taken seriously.

Free Knights Valkyrie <3

JoshexDirad

Rank 0
PostedMay 26, 2013 6:56 pm
draakdorei wrote:
Not so sure City of Heroes is a great example considering the game got shut down already; even with 2 expansions (City of Villains and the Going Rogue thing you mentioned).

As far as the hacking, if it's not reported, then it's never going to get fixed.

With the class balances, ShadowWalkers do have the least amount of HP in the melee classes. Punishers are already super-squishy characters, most of the time and Sentinels are the perfect hit-and-run tactics class because of their natural speed boosts.

When you start playing against people who have +10'd all of their gear over the course of two months and are at a level that has no significant reasoning to balance it (my opinion), that it becomes more apparent that PvP balance wasn't worked out for level 29s.

I can't think of m/any MMORPGs that balanced PvP around the early to mid-range level of PvP, which is where we are in the current state of the game (final max cap is 69, iirc). WoW, in particular, is notoriously bad about it because everyone runs twinks in there anyway.  

We found out why it was shutdown, City of heroes was shut down for several reasons. it was making 10 million a year BUT;

1: it didn't switch to the free to play scheme until much later in the game's life. so it lost some players to that.

2: although going rogue was a very successful booster pack, the game failed to achieve the same sales as Asia friendly MMOs that NCSoft was running had. so it was seen as a lame duck.

3: NCSoft never jokes, they were dead serious when they released the memo on april first several years before the shutdown that "we have secured the rights to City of heroes 2" we all thought it was an april fools joke (as did paragon studios) but it was a hidden message for paragon to start developing CoH 2 right then and there because according to thier sales reports MMOs with sequels tend to do really well and make lots of money.

CoH was shut down because NCSoft thought it went F2P too late in it's life, wasn;t marketable to asia and had no planned sequel some 5+ years into it's life. to them regardless of it's sales they felt it would soon die.

final count of active subscribed paying players upon shutdown was around 60,000.

so don't say it's not a good idea just because the game was shutdown lol, it may have been and was shutdown for reasons not relating to the game's play value.

in short they saw a sudden dip in customers around august 2012 and blamed it on the above, then said "we should kill it before it becomes a liability."

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMay 26, 2013 7:52 pm
OT: Did not know all of the history behind CoH...just remembered the big dust up when it went down so I figured it lost the playerbase needed to keep it going.

I never actually played CoH so it was never a big loss to me (the idea of a bunch of X-Men, Superman, etc wanna-bes running around turned me off to it).

I retract my statement then about taking ideas from CoH.