Schitzie

Rank 3
Schitzie
PostedMay 21, 2013 7:21 am

Post your Cost effective +18 guide.

Trouble finding cost effective way getting to +18. I know luck is a huge factor that why im not going to ask for exact price please post: What to use, when to use it and the gist of how successful it might be or how successful it is normally for you by cost effective i meant item wise not how much it would cost all up ^_^ .
e.g MFI<ss2
or ss3>ss2.
thank you ~~
Advertisement

ThaoBear

Rank 2
ThaoBear
PostedMay 21, 2013 7:26 am
I used SS2 and SS3 for armor, I find the rates from SS2 to be quite nice, and they're cheaper than SS3 too. I usually +18 weapons with MFI's because I find the rates to be too low without. I'm kinda lazy though, so I prefer just forting without having to worry about failing.

<center></center>

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMay 21, 2013 7:35 am
Whilst I do not have a guide, there are some self-tips I follow and I seem to have decent luck with forting.

• Use a mix of MFI's and sage stones. Every 5 or so successful fortifications I might use a MFI. No logic behind this but hey, it's worked for me.

• Do not continue to spam sage stones if I fail alot. Say I get 5 fails on my SS3 in a row, I will just stop for the time being and maybe try in a few hours time or even the next day. Trying to get something to +18 straight away has never been fruitful to me.

• Use both A and B scrolls. I use A scrolls + SS2, and I use B scrolls with SS3.

I am the opposite to above poster in relation to fort.. I would be willing to fort an item over several days or weeks even to +18.

Best wishes!

MidoriMagira

Rank 0
MidoriMagira
PostedMay 21, 2013 11:43 am
-I use the Guild Base for +1 to +15 and Kaslow for +16 to +18.

-Don't use MFIs. Like, at ALL. Except maybe you can use an MFI1 for +7. But if you're trying to be cost-effective (especially if you're forting armor, which have better rates than weapons do) then MFIs are a very bad choice. You might be able to get to +9 without any fort items at all, though the occasional Lucky Fort clover can help out for +8 and +9.

-Once you're at +9, cycle between SS2s and SS3s and use Grade-A scrolls. If you feel luckier taking breaks between every five fort attempts, be my guest. It might work in your favor, too!

-For +16 to +18, use the Lucky Fortification Clover 17s and 18s (the red four-leaf clovers). They have absurdly high rates and I'm able to raise the fort level usually in 1 or 2 attempts. I suggest you get them when they appear in an Mclay table, because the surplus will reduce the price for a bit.

Schitzie

Rank 3
Schitzie
PostedMay 21, 2013 3:29 pm
thanks for answering ~~