Wensel911

Rank 0
Wensel911
PostedMay 20, 2013 11:14 pm

"Download:/Launcher.exe" Error:

Help solve the problem for me, and anyone else?
Hello.

Following the patch of 5/20/2013, i attempted to log onto Grand Fantasia.

The launcher came up, and the upper bar loaded, but the bottom didnt. In smaller text above the bar, it told me, "Download:/Launcher.exe"

After talking in the technical issue Shout box, i was told redownloading grand fantasia would solve it. So i uninstalled it, reinstalled it, twice. And both times, i ended up with the same exact error. When i managed to make the "Run Scan" Button activate, i pressed it. it scanned, said it it was repatching... then the error came up again.

I didnt think it would work, but i went into the older HTTP: connection failure forum post and did what they said (Not like it would hurt.) To my misfortune, this did not solve my problem.

I have yet to find anyone, or a post that knows this issue.

Can anyone help?

Please and thank you!
Advertisement

sIink

Rank 4
sIink
PostedMay 21, 2013 12:20 am
I had this same problem. To resolve it, i ran GF as administrator (and had to remove and re-add it to allowed programs with my firewall) and after a couple of attempts, it finally did patch, so please give that a try.

Wensel911

Rank 0
Wensel911
PostedMay 21, 2013 12:22 am
sIink wrote:
I had this same problem. To resolve it, i ran GF as administrator (and had to remove and re-add it to allowed programs with my firewall) and after a couple of attempts, it finally did patch, so please give that a try.  

Thank you SIink, ill give that a try right now. Let you know if it works for me!

All Hail KingWensel - King Of HonorKnights <3

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedMay 21, 2013 12:24 am
Also try disabling UAC(User Account Control) and see if that helps.

To do this, Go to your start menu search bar, and type in UAC, Once it opens, Switch it to never notify.

Wensel911

Rank 0
Wensel911
PostedMay 21, 2013 12:35 am
Well the idea hasent been working so far... Ill keep trying it, but in the meantime if you (Or anyone else) has an idea, please let me know?

Thanks ^_^

sIink

Rank 4
sIink
PostedMay 21, 2013 12:46 am
Wensel911 wrote:
Well the idea hasent been working so far... Ill keep trying it, but in the meantime if you (Or anyone else) has an idea, please let me know?

Thanks ^_^  

i'm going to send you a forum message

Rosengil

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2013 1:34 am
I'm having the same issue, and I tried both solutions mentioned so far in the thread (as far as I could make out) but no luck. Firewall doesn't seem to be an issue. When I just bypass the update thing and open the game directly, I get as far as logging in and then it bugs out on me when I choose a character.

Anyone else have any solutions? Would rather not have to wait until next patch to see if that fixes anything ><

Wensel911

Rank 0
Wensel911
PostedMay 21, 2013 8:43 am
Rosengil wrote:
I'm having the same issue, and I tried both solutions mentioned so far in the thread (as far as I could make out) but no luck. Firewall doesn't seem to be an issue. When I just bypass the update thing and open the game directly, I get as far as logging in and then it bugs out on me when I choose a character.

Anyone else have any solutions? Would rather not have to wait until next patch to see if that fixes anything ><  

----

Thanks to the lovely Lily, i managed to get mine working.

After lily suggested to me, to go and let the game sit on the launcher with the error for a few minutes, after a few attempts of running it as ADMIN.

Worked for me at least.

Good luck Rosengil

g.alba132

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2013 9:26 am
So just try running as admin and keep trying until we get it ? well ill give it a go <3

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMay 21, 2013 11:10 am
g.alba132 wrote:
So just try running as admin and keep trying until we get it ? well ill give it a go <3  

I've said this in another post - I was having this issue too.

I am running as administrator, UAC is disabled and my firewall and antivirus are actually off, but I still couldn't patch.

I had to simply clear my cache. You can do this with a program like Ccleaner. It's 100% safe. Just be warned when you do it, it clears all saved passwords and history from your internet browser.

After that, I restarted and patched just fine.