Bobbino2

Rank 0
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Best PVE Soloist Class?

I'm not much into PvP, and I typically like to just solo my way along in MMOs. Is there any class right now that is particularly strong for PvE soloing?
Advertisement

pixie_ray

Rank 2
pixie_ray
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:02 pm
I would say the whipper personally. But that's just my opinion.

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:04 pm
PVE soloist are the whipper, they can tank more than one and deal insane damage with aoe.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:11 pm
I prefer the DPS route with Senti/Puni. Kill them before they kill me--and it works pretty well if you build your gear right.

Never played Whipper or Shadow Walker, so I can't attest to their PvE skills.

Defender, again, I cannot speak from first hand knowledge, but you can never go wrong with a tank for PvE if you prefer survivability.

Same with Medic--if you can keep the heals flowing--if you don't mind killing slow.

(my 2 cents.) xP

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:22 pm
Will always prefer long range for solo PvE, you dont really take damage since they die before they get near you. So you dont have to buy HP pots, and the damage of ranged classes is always rather high.

FoxiVix (SE)/ViciouxVix (DE)
<Murmaider>

FoxiVix PvP Take 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFKs_GAwXg
FoxiVix PvP Take 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLFYE7Gklk

Retired.

Bobbino2

Rank 0
PostedMay 18, 2013 7:03 pm
Thanks for the input folks, really appreciate it. I'll try Whipper and Punisher and see which I like better.

Phoenix_Shi

Rank 2
Phoenix_Shi
PostedMay 18, 2013 9:07 pm
They can all do fairly well, just in different ways, depending on your class, build, and gear sometimes you will fair better in certain situations than others. Find which class you enjoy the most, and play that, or play multiple classes. With how some things work, having alts can be better than just trying to farm with one char.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedMay 19, 2013 12:51 am
Here's a list of what I think is the order of best to worst PvE class (I like making lists :]):

Medic - Theoretically endless solo capability. Slowest, but surest class.
Whipper - Able to take on multiple enemies at once, the best. Racks up the most kills in the shortest time (especially at later levels).
Punisher - Rips through enemies - the quickest at high health, but a single-target only class (aside from it's mech).
Defender - Second slowest class, able to outlast all but Medic in PvE. Relies on living long enough to survive elite monsters (the ones with significantly more HP than the ones around them).
Shadow Walker - Rests often, but easily takes out enemies while at low health. More reliable kills than Punisher. A mix between Whipper and Punisher, but closer to Punisher.
Sentinel - A little slower than Punisher, and needs to rest a bit longer than Shadow Walker.

I would say Medic, Whipper and Defender are the best at later levels, where most of the monsters are clustered together, and a lot of them are aggressive. Medic is the worst at early levels, but it shouldn't matter once you get strong equipment. Same for other classes.

sweeterrandom

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
sweeterrandom
PostedMay 19, 2013 1:47 am
UndeadHost wrote:
Here's a list of what I think is the order of best to worst PvE class (I like making lists :]):

Medic - Theoretically endless solo capability. Slowest, but surest class.
Whipper - Able to take on multiple enemies at once, the best. Racks up the most kills in the shortest time (especially at later levels).
Punisher - Rips through enemies - the quickest at high health, but a single-target only class (aside from it's mech).
Defender - Second slowest class, able to outlast all but Medic in PvE. Relies on living long enough to survive elite monsters (the ones with significantly more HP than the ones around them).
Shadow Walker - Rests often, but easily takes out enemies while at low health. More reliable kills than Punisher. A mix between Whipper and Punisher, but closer to Punisher.
Sentinel - A little slower than Punisher, and needs to rest a bit longer than Shadow Walker.

I would say Medic, Whipper and Defender are the best at later levels, where most of the monsters are clustered together, and a lot of them are aggressive. Medic is the worst at early levels, but it shouldn't matter once you get strong equipment. Same for other classes.  

i have seena whiper in bc pull the whole hall way in bc and the most damage he took was from chakra witch was 20 damage everything hit him for 1 damage

dishana

Rank 0
PostedMay 19, 2013 4:05 am
sweeterrandom wrote:
i have seena whiper in bc pull the whole hall way in bc and the most damage he took was from chakra witch was 20 damage everything hit him for 1 damage  

Basically this.
My way of farming BC solo as whipper:
Get on bike, run up to boss, kill boss including all the adds I pulled on the way there, repeat 3 more times for dungeon clear in 8 minutes or so. Dont' even have to take a poition during the fights...