NZM1

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2013 8:17 pm

My Let's Play Thread

Well I love watching lets plays on youtube so I thought I'd give it a shot!
I have never done let's plays before so I apologize if I sound awkward at first.
I also like to apologise in advance for any horrible puns I make while recording.
I do not apologise for the amount of massive fail you will see in my first let's play.
I do not apologise for choosing the easiest play mode because I have never played the style of game before that I am doing my first let's play on.
I am sonicshuffler2( http://www.youtube.com/user/sonicshuffler2 ) on youtube and I will be posting a link to the first episode in a few days, if you're interested subscribe now. Smile
Advertisement

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedMay 15, 2013 9:23 pm
What's going on here? I'm a bit lost...

NZM1

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2013 9:56 pm
rosewushu wrote:

I'm trying to get some people to come and check out my let's play channel on youtube :/

This thread is where I'm posting my let's play videos.

A "let's play" is a video guide through a video game usually recorded via capture card and accompanied by live commentary on the game itself.

A "Walkthrough" is similar to a lets play but is normally not accompanied by personal commentary by the presenter (in this case the presenter is me)

This is a "General" forum so I figured this would be the best place to post this thread.
This thread can also be used to discuss let's play-ing in general and favorite lets players.

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedMay 15, 2013 10:47 pm
NZM1 wrote:
rosewushu wrote:

I'm trying to get some people to come and check out my let's play channel on youtube :/

This thread is where I'm posting my let's play videos.

A "let's play" is a video guide through a video game usually recorded via capture card and accompanied by live commentary on the game itself.

A "Walkthrough" is similar to a lets play but is normally not accompanied by personal commentary by the presenter (in this case the presenter is me)

This is a "General" forum so I figured this would be the best place to post this thread.
This thread can also be used to discuss let's play-ing in general and favorite lets players.  

So it's one of those live stream'n thingys?

NZM1

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2013 10:57 pm
Not quite, the videos are recorded long before they're uploaded to youtube
But in a sense it's kind of live, the audio commentary is done during the capturing of the in-game video.
Look up ChuggaConroy, Josh Jepson, Proton John, and NintendoCapriSun on youtube, they're all very good and entertaining let's players that I know about.

A blind run basically means that I've never played before and have no practice whatsoever. It usually results in a longer let's play but more interesting commentary as a result. At least that's what I am hoping for Razz

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedMay 15, 2013 11:19 pm
NZM1 wrote:
Not quite, the videos are recorded long before they're uploaded to youtube
But in a sense it's kind of live, the audio commentary is done during the capturing of the in-game video.
Look up ChuggaConroy, Josh Jepson, Proton John, and NintendoCapriSun on youtube, they're all very good and entertaining let's players that I know about.

A blind run basically means that I've never played before and have no practice whatsoever. It usually results in a longer let's play but more interesting commentary as a result. At least that's what I am hoping for Razz  

So it's basically like live play just not live so you can watch it over and over?

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedMay 15, 2013 11:27 pm
I love blind Let's Plays, they are funny, especially when something really obvious is right in front of the player and they don't realize it, then you get to laugh at their stupidity. XD

@rosewushu
Pretty much....
Here's an example of a Let's Play....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5AFHAUrWsw

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedMay 15, 2013 11:40 pm
CheeseMonkeyss wrote:
I love blind Let's Plays, they are funny, especially when something really obvious is right in front of the player and they don't realize it, then you get to laugh at their stupidity. XD

@rosewushu
Pretty much....
Here's an example of a Let's Play....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5AFHAUrWsw  

I lol'd. Smile

NZM1

Rank 0
PostedMay 16, 2013 11:00 pm
First episode is up!
Konami fanboyz watch at your own risk
Also Metal Gear was a Nintendo Game first! The first console game was on the NES Very Happy
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNZmWe24Vk

I Failed that much on EASY, so for the remainder of the LP I will be using VERY EASY difficulty. (and I will likely fail a lot regardless) As the LP is going to be completely blind (After the first boss) it should still be entertaining to follow along and play. You who are playing along with me, if any at all can choose whatever difficulty you like.

sparkmikomiko

Rank 0
sparkmikomiko
PostedMay 16, 2013 11:44 pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/tumblrlm4z088fmr1qfamn1.jpg/

Hi.

edit: lol video was fairly entertaining, so don't go down to VE. I'll be waiting to watch further episodes.