Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedMay 04, 2013 10:47 pm   Last edited by Saveric on May 06, 2013 7:45 pm. Edited 6 times in total

[Guide]Moonevil Den(Nightmare)

Short Guide on Nightmare(videos)

Moonevil Den

• Level Requirement: 60+
  • Party Members: At least 1 Archer and 1 Mage
  • Skills Needed: Purification, Scattershot, Deep Freeze
  • Nightmare Mode Suggested Battle Rating: 50k+, we originally started doing it at 52k-56k BR lowest being 52k highest 56k in the party and had no issues. So generally 50k+ should do fine.
  • This guide can be used for Normal Difficulty as well. The only differences between Normal and Nightmare is that Nightmare does more damage.

Toros, The Moonevil Soldier

Health Bars: x4
Abilities: Claw Rake(Physical), Piercing Sting(Physical), Shield(Buff), Summon Adds(Summons 4 Moonevil Warriors)
Player Abilities Needed: Scattershot, Purification
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HYtldOBCAw

Moonevil Warrior
Abilities: Scale Spin(Physical), Bite(Physical causes Bleeding Damage)

Boss Rotation: Piercing Sting -> Claw Rake -> Claw Rake -> Piercing Sting -> Claw Rake -> Claw Rake -> Piercing Sting -> Summon Adds -> Shield -> Claw Rake -> Piercing Sting -> Claw Rake -> Piercing Sting -> Claw Rake -> Summon Adds -> Shield

Strategy: Open with Area of Effect abilities(Rain of Fire, Meteoric Destroyer, Whirlwind, Lunatic Fire) to try to quickly kill the Moonevil Warriors with Toros. The initial set of Moonevil Warriors have high health pools, future Moonevil Warriors have significantly less health. Once all the initial Moonevil Warriors are down have a mage use Purification to cleanse the bleed off. The boss will do a Piercing Sting that can target anyone in the group, make sure people are healed up enough where they can survive at least 1 strike of that. His Claw Rake ability will target front row only, so only the tank has to worry about that. The round after the adds are summoned he will put a Shield on himself and the adds reducing the damage they take. Have a Scattershot ready to remove this buff from them. Also be prepared when the adds are spawning to knock them all with an AoE killing them to not get the bleed again on your tank.

Uranas, the Moonevil General

Abilities: Strike(Physical), Claw Storm(Physical), Enrage(Buff that cannot be removed)
Player Abilities Needed: Deep Freeze
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dajKHo5_8

Boss Rotation: Strike -> Claw Storm -> Strike -> Claw Storm -> Enrage -> Repeat

Strategy: This boss is essentially a damage race against the enrage. Healing isn't needed that much, just now and then. Since I only use one Skill Set I use Blessed Light AoE heal as a method to give additional rage to the other party members. Normally before the Enrage or when both my AoE are on cooldown. All mages should have Restoration in both Skill sets if they are built correctly so even with both mages in a full attack set having one with Restoration to tap heal the Tank after the first Strike of Enrage or after first Claw Storm of Enrage should give them enough health to survive till the end. Deep Freeze slowing effect either by Thunderer or Deep Freeze needs to be kept on the boss at all times so an Archer opening with it is a good thing to do here. Will give you more time to do damage. Other than that basically just spam abilities nuking the boss as hard and as fast as you can.

Uratis, the Moonevil Queen

Abilities: Lightning Strike(Magical), Cross Slash(Physical), Laser Sweep(Magical), Violet Pierce(Magical applies reduced PDef and MDef), Reactive Buff(+MAtk +PAtk)
Player Abilities Needed: Scattershot, Deep Freeze(Optional), Purification
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b94bRevX_EY

Boss Rotation: Lightning Strike -> Cross Slash -> Lightning Strike -> Laser Sweep -> Violet Pierce -> Repeat

Strategy: If you've read my Final boss info in the Demon Temple guide this boss has a similar buffing method. While she doesn't debuff you with each hit she gains a stacking buff where she does more damage each turn that needs to be removed with Scatter shot. Each attack except Violet Pierce will add to her buff counter of this. So plan accordingly. Violet Pierce's debuffs can be removed with Purification of a mage, it's not too detrimental if it's not on the tank, so you can choose to not cleanse it if you need to save rage or if you're in pve set prep it after Laser Sweep and it should go off shortly after Violet Pierce. Other than that this boss isn't really that hard for the dungeon just keep up heals and damage and you'll win.  
Advertisement

Saveric

Saveric
PostedMay 04, 2013 10:48 pm
I posted 2 images for Uratis. Vote for which you'd like for the boss picture for the guide. Top Gif or Bottom JPG.

World boss time, I'll type out her stuff in a bit.

Muzii12

Muzii12
PostedMay 05, 2013 1:08 am
The Second one...^^ it goes with the feel of other 2 and simple ^^

Saveric

Saveric
PostedMay 05, 2013 3:58 am
Videos added. I'll remove one of the pictures of Utarius after a day or so to see if we get anymore votes in.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMay 05, 2013 5:26 am
Just a tip on Uranas, once Enrage is up, it's a good idea to try and keep 30% damage reduction on the boss at all times (Incendiary and Apollos Shield). A solo archer can do this alone but they will need the Perception Talent at least at level 3; if not, then they will need the support of a Knight/another archer to rotate skills with.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMay 05, 2013 7:09 pm
Since you mentioned the HP of the initial boss mob vs reduced HP of subsequent spawned mobs.. I've noticed that happens on more than just this boss in this game. I haven't done it much but I noticed when the GoD NM boss splits, the new spawns seem to be normal mode bosses, or at the least, like you said, significantly less HP. Is it a bug? Intended that way? Not sure.

In any event, very nice guide and thank u Sav