JoshexDirad

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Loot Forge

Lets make if better for eveyone
Well, what way to make the Loot forge even better?

simple make it more appealing for players and make it more profitable for Aeriagames.

I have a proposal that does both in one move,

Problem; players are complaining that it's hard to get to round 3 even.

Solution: offer the Options to either; Continue Free OR Pay AP for a successful go at any round.

how much should we charge for success?

we already charge 99 ap for round 1, but players wont be please with being charge 99 ap per round.

so I suggest;
Round 2: 20 AP
Round 3: 30 AP
Round 4: 40 AP
Round 5: 50 AP

if someone wants to take no chances and definitely get an Item in each round they can get a round 5 Item for 99+20+30+40+50= 239 AP

Additional; Offer the player the optional chance to Redo any round they have already succeeded in with a 100% success rate before moving on to the next round, for a chance at getting another random item from that round instead.

I suggest we charge;

Round 1: 10 AP
Round 2: 20 AP
Round 3: 30 AP
Round 4: 40 AP
Round 5: 50 AP

It is not garaunteed that the player will definitely get a different item when they retry a specific round, so it's completely random, some might get lucky and get what they want on the second redo other might have to keep trying upwards of 10 times.
Advertisement

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedMay 02, 2013 5:58 pm
How does this generate revenue for Aeria? To me, it seems like a cheaper, more accessibly way to achieve items in the Loot Forge for players, meaning Aeria loses some income.
Perhaps I'm just missing something, though.

JoshexDirad

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2013 7:11 pm
skull12580 wrote:
How does this generate revenue for Aeria? To me, it seems like a cheaper, more accessibly way to achieve items in the Loot Forge for players, meaning Aeria loses some income.
Perhaps I'm just missing something, though.  

yep, you are missing something alright, you are thinking like a player would think, "Oh boy i can get the lingerie unsealer for much cheaper! i just need to keep trying on level 1!!"

lol, now that would be nice but you must understand there is only a 12.50% chance per retry that you actually get the item you want, infact it's that random factor that will make it profitable.

the odds are against you as they say, so you retry round 1, 20 times you may still fail to get the lingerie unsealer! and thats 299 AP, now granted the lingerie unsealer costs 1999 ap, so my advice to them would be to move it to a higher rung. but still the odds are not good, so it may keep landing you on the hypovial 10 times in a row then switch to 1 pet exp iten then back tot he hypovial for another 5 goes then a narak relic, then some more pet exp then blah blah blah you get it, it'll be 40 goes to try and force it to do what you want.

they are figuring on making at least $20 from each and every player, no scratch that they know there will be a small portion of players 1/3rd who wont buy into it.

now you must understand, yeah the stuff you want might cost 1999 ap, BUT thats just a preferred price, however they are well aware that at that price only a few people will actually buy it. so after the AP sales of lingerie unsealers drop down to almost nill then they will profit more to put it on a random roll like I suggested.