brenin_llwyd

Rank 3
PostedMay 02, 2013 5:29 pm
Grats to the new peeps. It's good to see new forums GSs after like, 6 years lol?
Advertisement

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMay 02, 2013 8:55 pm
Zimmey18 wrote:
Some of the new for mods need to power down a little. I seen a newer forum mod come into a barter section of a game and accuse players stacking their post count"  
Quite frankly, I consider that long overdue. If the no-spamming rule was enforced since the beginning, there would be no complains about that and people maybe would learn to delete their last bump before posting a new one.

Zimmey18 wrote:
Geez its a barter section and bumping a post has been a acceptable practice in that section NTM who cares about a post count.  
Spamming bumps is actually making it harder to see other offers, if the thread is active. And no one likes to go through three pages of "bumps" posted every few hours, only to see that there was nothing else in there.

The bad thing is...that these moderators will probably get tired of doing it. At this point, there is little to no chance of posters changing their habits.

That being said, congratulations to the new moderators, and more importantly, congratulations to the old ones for dealing with the job for so long and still having will to continue on with doing that. You beat all GM's I know in seniority thanks to that (unless Superman0X would count...).

revbdavis

Rank 1
revbdavis
PostedMay 02, 2013 9:04 pm

georgerav
Cool since 93? Laughing That's longer then a good chunk of these players have been alive...

Oh, crap...I've been alive since 73..that DOES make me older then 99.9% of the players...

Shocked

I"m the medic with a killer's touch.

Rhia_Shirubia

Rank 5
Rhia_Shirubia
PostedMay 02, 2013 9:31 pm
kikix12 wrote:
Zimmey18 wrote:
Some of the new for mods need to power down a little. I seen a newer forum mod come into a barter section of a game and accuse players stacking their post count"  
Quite frankly, I consider that long overdue. If the no-spamming rule was enforced since the beginning, there would be no complains about that and people maybe would learn to delete their last bump before posting a new one.

Zimmey18 wrote:
Geez its a barter section and bumping a post has been a acceptable practice in that section NTM who cares about a post count.  
Spamming bumps is actually making it harder to see other offers, if the thread is active. And no one likes to go through three pages of "bumps" posted every few hours, only to see that there was nothing else in there.

The bad thing is...that these moderators will probably get tired of doing it. At this point, there is little to no chance of posters changing their habits.

That being said, congratulations to the new moderators, and more importantly, congratulations to the old ones for dealing with the job for so long and still having will to continue on with doing that. You beat all GM's I know in seniority thanks to that (unless Superman0X would count...).  

This bump rule is being revised, prepare yourselves Shaiya.

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedMay 02, 2013 10:23 pm

georgerav
revbdavis wrote:
Cool since 93? Laughing That's longer then a good chunk of these players have been alive...

Oh, crap...I've been alive since 73..that DOES make me older then 99.9% of the players...

Shocked  

I still have a few years on ya.

Just plain Beaver now.

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedMay 03, 2013 3:55 pm
Didnt see this thread till now, but nice to see Paladin is running that group Very Happy

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedMay 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Game_Rage wrote:
Ah about time.. I was wondering when you guys would finally decide to update the status of the Mod Team. Sometimes there just aren't enough or any online for that matter to deal with a situation when it arises. I'll be sure to send you a few recommendations and no-go's when I return Paladin if that's alright with you.

Well back to my hiatus~

PS: Almost forgot. Also as part of the Forum Mod reform/revitalization why not add an easier way to contact a Mod by adding a separate ticket system like Ex-Mod JonGhost and KTCAOP(no idea where his vanished to) had set up at one time. This will cut out any unnecessary tickets from being sent to the Contacts Us thus giving the staff more time on priority issues.

I apologize that I missed this post.

I did set up a system, however, it was not easily utilized by other moderators and other players did not really make much use of it either as well. I'd be happy to try to give it another go however. =).

You can always send me a private message about a post however and I will try to act as soon as I see it =).

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMay 03, 2013 4:11 pm
KTC and Beaver are both still around and very active.

Also congratulations to Paladin and good luck. I know you'll do a great job with the forum team.

A few more things needing to be changed in aeriagames as a whole and in some areas more so than others and things should move better, smoother, and have better results.

Now hopefully superman will have more time also to do what he does best instead of being spread so thin..... Definitely a step in the right direction though. Very Happy

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

MissChief

Rank 5
MissChief
PostedMay 03, 2013 4:31 pm
o.O interesting, used to be a forum mod and game sage then we were told to pick only one so i stuck to sage (long time ago) and I asked Superman if i would ever be able to become a mod again but he said once you have been a mod you can't be one again, is this still the case?

regards

Terry

<a></a>

hiyahaibye

Rank 2
hiyahaibye
PostedMay 03, 2013 4:34 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Some Game Sages do participate in the BugaSage program. I would participate too, however we've been discussing some features we would demand before starting to use that program, eg. Aeria Accounts being linked to it, to prevent trolls or spammers, or at least the ability to take legal actions against them.
Since BugaSage is nothing more than a HTML-Widget, people may anonymously post questions, and this is what I am against for.  

Mmm.. just curious, but what is a bugasage o.o