Starfalcon26

Rank 0
Starfalcon26
PostedApr 30, 2013 4:02 am

The pathing in this game makes me look like a drunkard

Please tell the south koreans to code it better.
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedApr 30, 2013 4:47 am
Can you post any example? I honestly never noticed any issue with it.

therealfairy

Rank 0
therealfairy
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:21 am
jotasnake wrote:
Can you post any example? I honestly never noticed any issue with it.  

Can't really give an example without recording a video. Sometimes if you auto-route to a far away location then the routing system has problems with a few obstacles where you need to move around a bit (like pressing a or d a few times) so you can continue your travel.

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:30 am
Don't be lazy

Jennifur_Vultee

Rank 1
Jennifur_Vultee
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:34 am
I think the poster means more like fast travel...where you need to find the boss that nowhere in sight. So you click their name run the wrong way, turn around, run sideways, stop change direction then zig zag within a meter or so of everything thing thats agressive and wants to kill you so they chase and attack you while you take the most indirect path possible to the boss who's on the other side of the area.

Dindeen

Rank 0
Dindeen
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:39 am
The auto-travel feature was included in the game so that players may utilize it. If it isn't working as intended, then it should be removed or fixed.

That said, I remember one instance when the bad auto-travel made my Free Knights character run to a wall. It was in the Ba... (can'tspelltheword) Enocia Lake warp. I clicked Drasilmarsh (the dungeon) and instead of moving away from the Lake warp then turning, my character just turned on her spot and ran into the wall beside the vending machine.

therealfairy

Rank 0
therealfairy
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:41 am
Dindeen wrote:
The auto-travel feature was included in the game so that players may utilize it. If it isn't working as intended, then it should be removed or fixed.  

Yeah Batrachian(?) lake and some locations are more broken than others. The auto-route at Caergate is rather useless as well.

Dindeen

Rank 0
Dindeen
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:44 am
therealfairy wrote:
Dindeen wrote:

Yeah Batrachian(?) lake and some locations are more broken than others. The auto-route at Caergate is rather useless as well.  

In Free Knights side at Caergate, if you clicked the name of the NPC "Darren", it'll take you to the NPC Darren on the RG side.

therealfairy

Rank 0
therealfairy
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:49 am
Dindeen wrote:

In Free Knights side at Caergate, if you clicked the name of the NPC "Darren", it'll take you to the NPC Darren on the RG side.  

That was mentioned several times at the bugs section, I meant clicking on the map for quick-travel.

Starfalcon26

Rank 0
Starfalcon26
PostedApr 30, 2013 6:50 am
Jennifur_Vultee wrote:
I think the poster means more like fast travel...where you need to find the boss that nowhere in sight. So you click their name run the wrong way, turn around, run sideways, stop change direction then zig zag within a meter or so of everything thing thats agressive and wants to kill you so they chase and attack you while you take the most indirect path possible to the boss who's on the other side of the area.  

I meant when you click on the map where you want to go and it's a long distance.

Sometimes you begin to go in the opposite direction for five to ten seconds.

Conclusion: auto-pathing is made poorly and is not functioning as good as it should.