Sunkyh

Rank 0
PostedApr 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Turnpike and Janus

I know that there isn't really anything aeria can do but I wanted to put it as feedback.
I feel like there is no goal when you go into Janus or Turnpike. It's too long once you destroy the towers because its just you killing each other for a solid 10 minutes not actually doing anything else. I know you can go dungeon diving with friends but the battlegrounds are too boring and getting away from the quests but still doing something is hard to find. Like the nightclub gives you a place to go but you have nothing to do.

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Turnpike and Janus

Sunkyh wrote:
I know that there isn't really anything aeria can do but I wanted to put it as feedback.
I feel like there is no goal when you go into Janus or Turnpike. It's too long once you destroy the towers because its just you killing each other for a solid 10 minutes not actually doing anything else. I know you can go dungeon diving with friends but the battlegrounds are too boring and getting away from the quests but still doing something is hard to find. Like the nightclub gives you a place to go but you have nothing to do.  

BGs actually give some great loot sometimes and can be a great source of EXP later in levels. As far as the club. the two main points of it are to get naked and raise your pets faster.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

glowdiamond

Rank 0
glowdiamond
PostedApr 29, 2013 11:32 pm
Joining Battlegrounds gets you rank points when killing enemy players. It's not just about the loot from towers and boxes, if you are a pvp person you wouldn't think it's boring. Although sometimes if many players leave after looting then it may get boring because a certain unbalanced bg may become even more unbalanced, leading players to give up winning.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

royaloyalz

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
royaloyalz
PostedApr 30, 2013 1:11 am
glowdiamond wrote:
Joining Battlegrounds gets you rank points when killing enemy players. It's not just about the loot from towers and boxes, if you are a pvp person you wouldn't think it's boring. Although sometimes if many players leave after looting then it may get boring because a certain unbalanced bg may become even more unbalanced, leading players to give up winning.  

Hello Aegis! How's life without SB? Hahaha hope you will return home soon so that I can see you in game Very Happy

Anyways, BGs allows you to gain points without the fear of losing them, as even if you die you won't lose rank points like in Caergate. That said, as a consequence, the amount of rank points gained in BGs are significantly lesser as well.

You are right though, other than getting loot and exp, there really isn't much for someone who prefers to PVE or someone who is looking for an objective. Maybe this is something that can be looked into by aeria games, and they can pass on the idea to the developers.

This is still only the first BGs that are available to us, I am sure down the road we will be seeing more interesting ones as well. The only question is when new content will actually come Wink

IGN: MissyRestia MissyRinslet (PU), MissyFianna (ME) | Guild: WhiteDawn | Faction: Royal Guards | Server: Andromeda

Dindeen

Rank 0
Dindeen
PostedApr 30, 2013 2:02 am
I'm actually still playing the game BECAUSE of Turnpike and Janus. It is the only place where the fight is at least semi-equal because of the controlled numbers (which is only made uneven when some players do not press the shiny button OR if they get disconnected/leave the fight). I can test strategies for dealing with different classes in BGs without fear of losing points when I die.

I've said it many times ingame: I was able to level up my medic by doing quests and BG PvP. TP and Janus have decent exp points from BG quests and kills.

I created a sentinel and she too was able to level up quickly with the help of quests and the BGs. I rarely do dungeons with my sentinel because I'm rushing to level 25 (for a new suit).

The BGs also provide rank points. The people who might find those rank points "too little" might be the ones who are at the bottom of the contribution list. Sure, you can also get rank points from daily quests in Caergate (23+) or Caergate PvP, but you can also lose points in the latter. And dailies can be done only once a day; BGs occur every hour.

On my medic, I use rank points for ultimate skills and earrings. I use exp to help my guild.

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 30, 2013 2:13 am
It's so people can PvP and win in a quantifiable way, for those who need a clear-cut goal to aim toward.

wiwin11

Rank 2
PostedApr 30, 2013 2:17 am
Rank point wise, janus and turnpike is not so good i think. Each match usually gets you about 2k in average (15 mins) if you are in party. So that's around killing 20 lvl 29 players in caergate. Unless of course you are in the same party with the juggernauts, then you can rake in some good points.

Also the drops get so diluted coz of so many ppl...

lorddarthmel

Rank 3
lorddarthmel
PostedApr 30, 2013 2:26 am
maybe drops should be exclusive, PSO2 does so.

Free. If my meter goes red, you may pretty well look for another game. ->I WIN. Episode 10 Finally!! <-

glowdiamond

Rank 0
glowdiamond
PostedApr 30, 2013 4:48 am
I can't quote on mobile =.=
@Royaloyalz
Hey Restia~ oh nice Asuna picture hehe, I watch SAO too, just waiting for the next season Smile Yeah I was going to mention about BGs not losing rank points, I forgot:/ life without SB..well I missed the fun of pvp..miss saving lives..miss getting ganked..lol hopefully I will be back soon..that's a lot of missing dailies and rps:(

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Dmbrewer89

Rank 0
PostedApr 30, 2013 12:11 pm

anyone else having thios problem

it seems there is a problem with TP i have not once but three times have been one of the first 10 people to sign up for TP and i still dont get into it WTH is the problem with it am i not allowed to get into TP or is it just certain people are allowed to be in it. i havent got into 1 TP since ive hit 29 and its really annoying