djodjo57

Rank 5
djodjo57
PostedAug 30, 2013 7:39 am
kittymix wrote:
Oh wow... if some of the classes are pay to play as then I might not play this. Need confirmation if that's true or not.  

http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree

Content ........................ Free ........ Premium
Character Classes ..... Full acces ..... Full Access
Advertisement

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedAug 30, 2013 7:44 am
kittymix wrote:
Oh wow... if some of the classes are pay to play as then I might not play this. Need confirmation if that's true or not.  

Yes, there is premium content. Don't know if you can buy access to stuff though (like in LOTRO) or if you can only unlock stuff when you're paying for a premium subscription.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedAug 30, 2013 8:01 am
djodjo57 wrote:
kittymix wrote:

Then they changed stuff. For a while you could only access 2 classes per race after they made it Free 2 play. You either had to be a premium member or but each class.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedAug 30, 2013 8:22 am
djodjo57 wrote:
kittymix wrote:

I've been playing the game. Aeria has an item mall system, where as the original you had to pay for classes and such and not much of an item mall. You have full access to races, classes, etc.. Each race can only use certain classes.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedAug 30, 2013 8:39 am
Are all premium options available right off the bat or are they going to have to be purchased in order to be used? Can't check the in-game item mall myself since I still have 4.1 hours left till the download completes. For those curious about what the differences are between free and premium in the original version, here's the table:

As to the differences between the original and Aeria's version, no clue. Like I said earlier, I still got 4.1, actually make that 7.5, hours till it finishes downloading. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

misiano

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 9:41 am

pvp or pve

Just want to know server type

chathy90

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 10:13 am

Something :D

Just saying
(In funcoms AoC) they did all classes free to play for everyone, and many instances had same thing too. Thought for Turan,Khitai you need to buy expansions and For Dragons Spine lvl 80stuff, you need premium membership Very Happy
That information was little time ago in their site and in forums too if i remember right

NecromancerV wrote:
I have a few questions?

1. What about those that already have AoC downloaded from the game's website and have an account? I have some stuff on that account that unlocks some of the "pay for only" content in the game. Is there a merge account option? Do we have to redownload the game from ignight to get the social companion and/or play with your Aeria account/Aeria server?

2. You advertise 12 classes, but last time I played a while ago only 2 classes per race were available to play without having to pay to have them unlocked. And only 3 of the 4 races were available unless you payed to unlock the 4th race. So are all the raced unlocked now or do you still need to pay to unlock them?

3. Are the dungeons unlocked or are the mid/end game dungeons still needing to be bought to be unlocked?

4. Is this like Star Wars where you click to download from ignight and get directed to the games web site and have to make an account there to play? or do you have a special client just for Aeria?  

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedAug 30, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Something :D

Just saying
[quote="chathy90"](In funcoms AoC) they did all classes free to play for everyone, and many instances had same thing too. Thought for Turan,Khitai you need to buy expansions and For Dragons Spine lvl 80stuff, you need premium membership Very Happy
That information was little time ago in their site and in forums too if i remember right

As I has said in a previous post they must have made the change rather recently. I played AoC soon after it became free to play and they limited the classes for free players. You either had to be a premium member or purchase the classes separately you wanted to play. And it was that way for a while because for 2 anniversaries of AoC's release I got an email to for a code for an in game tokens to unlock a certain class and 3 mid level dungeons.

I'm glad they made all classes and dungeons available for free players now; especially since Aeria is hosting a server.

chathy90

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Something :D

Just saying
http://www.ageofconan.com/news/free_to_play_improvements_and_december_offers

Very Happy

[quote="NecromancerV"]
chathy90 wrote:
(In funcoms AoC) they did all classes free to play for everyone, and many instances had same thing too. Thought for Turan,Khitai you need to buy expansions and For Dragons Spine lvl 80stuff, you need premium membership Very Happy

As I has said in a previous post they must have made the change rather recently. I played AoC soon after it became free to play and they limited the classes for free players. You either had to be a premium member or purchase the classes separately you wanted to play. And it was that way for a while because for 2 anniversaries of AoC's release I got an email to for a code for an in game tokens to unlock a certain class and 3 mid level dungeons.

I'm glad they made all classes and dungeons available for free players now; especially since Aeria is hosting a server.  

mrmisiano

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2013 1:36 pm
Ok its pve

What else i need to know I want to know if i go prem will i get AA started now or will Expan need to be purchased for this like reg aoc