MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 9:24 am

To Aeria: Stop auto opening my items!

There are two reasons for this thread.

One, I like to open the packages myself, because I enjoy the thrill and whatnot of watching that roulette style box appear and fail/succeed (usually fail).

Two, is that sometimes, I do not wish to open replicubes and whatnot. I want to sell them in game on the market, to those willing to take the chance. Last month, I bought about 6 or 7 different cubes to sell, and came to find out that they are opened automatically. There is no warning clearly listed about these things opening for you, and there should be, because I am technically not getting what I paid for.

Instead, I get something I didn't want to try for, like a back pack for 30 days. I didn't buy that! I bought a replicube that might contain that, which I wanted for a future date.

Aeria, I petition you, please stop opening my packages for me. If this is too much to ask, then please label on the front page of each item that does this that it will open automatically, so people are not somewhat scammed into getting something they didn't really want.

Anyone else agree?
Advertisement

jakraieski

Rank 0
jakraieski
PostedApr 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: To Aeria: Stop auto opening my items!

MaeFirewind wrote:
There are two reasons for this thread.

One, I like to open the packages myself, because I enjoy the thrill and whatnot of watching that roulette style box appear and fail/succeed (usually fail).

Two, is that sometimes, I do not wish to open replicubes and whatnot. I want to sell them in game on the market, to those willing to take the chance. Last month, I bought about 6 or 7 different cubes to sell, and came to find out that they are opened automatically. There is no warning clearly listed about these things opening for you, and there should be, because I am technically not getting what I paid for.

Instead, I get something I didn't want to try for, like a back pack for 30 days. I didn't buy that! I bought a replicube that might contain that, which I wanted for a future date.

Aeria, I petition you, please stop opening my packages for me. If this is too much to ask, then please label on the front page of each item that does this that it will open automatically, so people are not somewhat scammed into getting something they didn't really want.

Anyone else agree?  

People call them scam boxes because they scam you for money and offer only junk as compensaion. Even if you get the box, you will likely get the same item that is automatically placed in your AP bag when you open it.

Sides, most people know better than to buy them on the AH.

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedApr 28, 2013 12:37 pm
iirc, they did add something like that and most of the replicubes come as cubes if purchased through the in-game store function (though they may be missing some, didn't really bother comparing all).