steinkorall

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 1:08 am

"Higher Ch-ATK yields higher damage" - is it true?

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this game and only have 1 char (a Punisher). I'm using a weapon with Max Ch-ATK stat so I can do Chakra damage. I've noticed that now that I got Ch-ATK ALL my attacks do some Chakra damage (displayed as purple numbers). Even though descriptions for some Punisher skills (like Demolition or Atomic Bullet) explicitly state that "Higher Ch-ATK yields higher damage", I don't notice any difference between the Chakra damage when using those skills and all the other skills. Of course, it's random but those "Chakra-based skills" do NOT produce consistently higher results, as one would expect.

So, can anyone say, why this happens? Do I misunderstand something?
Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 29, 2013 6:20 am
I'm unsure of the mechanics for Punisher, but if you need to there are a few basic guides and information over in the Class Guide / Information section - Punisher that can be found here:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1856

steinkorall

Rank 0
PostedApr 29, 2013 7:24 am
Lyyrian wrote:
I'm unsure of the mechanics for Punisher, but if you need to there are a few basic guides and information over in the Class Guide / Information section - Punisher that can be found here:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1856  

That was the first place I looked before creating this topic and I found nothing about the exact effects of Ch-ATK. The guides available there don't seem to even take it into consideration.

Besides, my question is not exclusively related to Punishers, unless other classes have no skills where "Ch-ATK yields higher damage".

pkmasterz

Rank 0
pkmasterz
PostedMay 01, 2013 3:40 pm
Well from my experience i believe that there are damage formulas for your Ch-Atk as well and these are based off your min and max Ch-Atk. Though not all skills come attached with these formulas.

This is what i believe the Ch-Atk system to be:

Firstly, skills that have no Ch-Atk listed in their damage range have no damage formula attached to the Ch-Atk and thus will deal Chakra damage from a range of your base min/max Ch-Atk (the one listed in your character window)

Secondly, skills that do have a Ch-Atk listed in their damage range do have a damage formula attached to the Ch-Atk and hence the min/max Ch-Atk is different from (usually higher) your base min/max Ch-Atk. These damage formulas act like a multiplier on your base min/max Ch-Atk and therefore you may notice that increasing 1 point of your min/max Ch-Atk may increase the Ch-Atk listed in these skills by several points. This is more evident in Particle type Chakra skills since Particle skills emphasize on Chakra damage.

Therefore to answer your question, yes, a higher Ch-Atk yields higher damage. But if you don't have many skills that deal good Chakra damage then i think you'll be better off investing in physical attack than Ch-Atk as physical attack scales better.

<center></center>

steinkorall

Rank 0
PostedMay 03, 2013 4:12 pm
pkmasterz wrote:
Secondly, skills that do have a Ch-Atk listed in their damage range do have a damage formula attached to the Ch-Atk and hence the min/max Ch-Atk is different from (usually higher) your base min/max Ch-Atk. These damage formulas act like a multiplier on your base min/max Ch-Atk and therefore you may notice that increasing 1 point of your min/max Ch-Atk may increase the Ch-Atk listed in these skills by several points. This is more evident in Particle type Chakra skills since Particle skills emphasize on Chakra damage.

Therefore to answer your question, yes, a higher Ch-Atk yields higher damage. But if you don't have many skills that deal good Chakra damage then i think you'll be better off investing in physical attack than Ch-Atk as physical attack scales better.  

Yeah, that would be logical. But, IIRC, I sometimes dealt more Chakra damage with normal attacks than my Max Ch-ATK and not only on crits. But then again, maybe I don't remember correctly.

erb47781

Rank 0
PostedMay 07, 2013 5:49 pm
as far as i can tell, it does add damage, but only a little: 5 points of ch-atk would add 5 CH-damage to attacks that do normal damage and 10 points to attacks that do chakra damage.

considering that some advanced Punisher skills can do about 600 damage, the increase is negligible.

(to be honest, i've only tried Punisher and Defender so far)