GameBoyShaiya

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Newb reaction to installing shaiya

Mid 20th century installation process.
If my buddy hadn't convinced me that it was a good game, i would have ditched it somewhere mid-point during the 3 hr+ download of the installer.
But, did wait it out, only to find that just installed a waaay outdated copy of shiaya that still needed to download 36 ours of download uness one encounters the dreaded c25 error.
Maybe only an hour lost to surfing the web to learn about modifying an INI file to allow it to re-download.
Unless of course, one encounters the c12 error (fix seems to be re-download everything again).
By the early years of this century, many, if not most downloads could just be resumed from where they had stopped.
Unfortunately, the shaiya downloader is a retro holdout that requires downloading everything again starting with file 1
Eventually, I did get all the necessary file and was able to start the game and verify that it would be ready if i ever got more free time.
Does it get better after this?
Advertisement

OneAndOnlyNISMO

GameSage: Shaiya
OneAndOnlyNISMO
PostedApr 27, 2013 6:52 pm
i save my current version on a FD Smile that way when i get my Buddy to play it all i do is copy my file on FD to their PC and wala done and yes it gets better depends on how you look at it some liek the game some hate it some jut hang around to drive ppl nuts

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedApr 28, 2013 12:00 pm
c25 error is an internet connection issue I believe, especially if you are piggy-backing on anothers' internet connection and that connections' bandwidth isn't strong enough to sustain the data flow in the connection. That might be the reason why you have such long download times. Another reason is that you do have your own internet connection but your computer or laptops' processor unit doesn't meet the minimum standards for this game, which means more than likely, you may have to upgrade it or buy a new computer or laptop. I forget the minimum processor speeds you need for this game to function normally, but I think it's at least 1.6 GHz (correct me if this isn't accurate).

cobrashark13

Rank 3
cobrashark13
PostedApr 29, 2013 8:26 pm
The times you are talking about for the game to download are very very long. Im not really good with computers but it should be alot less (based on the fact that I was playing Shaiya 15 minutes after I started the download)

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 30, 2013 3:28 am
Depending on the ISP's bandwith allocation and bandwith speed, the person's connection, and even file size affect factors for the transfer of data for things to download. The larger the file, the longer it is going to take.

It's just like on a decent hard drive, you would use a shorter connection cable because the data transfers faster, but the longer the cable, the longer it take for the informatio to hit the hard drive. Which in turn slows down it read/write speed.

Same principle applies with editing, mixing, and finalizing mixed for video / audio.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 30, 2013 5:15 am
Lyyrian wrote:
It's just like on a decent hard drive, you would use a shorter connection cable because the data transfers faster, but the longer the cable, the longer it take for the informatio to hit the hard drive. Which in turn slows down it read/write speed.  

if the SATA cable is 1m long and other one is 10m long, then it wouldn't make barely a difference for humans. For the computer, it's a clock cycle or two difference.

it's only eligible if you're talking about a difference of 100+ meters. And ofc the used medium to transfer data.

signature of xybolt

NightStalker38

Rank 0
PostedMay 09, 2013 11:16 am

lag

everywhere
so much lag everywhere.an AH is the biggest lag of them all...an they still wont fix...waitting for so long..i decided to down load a PS.of Shaiya...so much better.an hit max lvl in 2 days.i havent hit lvl 60 in origanl yet.an been there sence EP1.lol.thats bad....i hope they fix game..eveything on other game i want to try on this one..the build an all..