tubtouch

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:48 pm

my friend is not good with English

he's a new immigrant lol, he's been stuck in the buzzard place for hours killing the wrong type of mob that had a similar name to the ones he need.
Advertisement

bowtrickz

Rank 0
bowtrickz
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:50 pm
That is unfortunate. At least the quest list directs him to the location of the quest mobs.

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:51 pm
Lol that is hilarious xD

sparkmikomiko

Rank 0
sparkmikomiko
PostedApr 27, 2013 5:51 am
tubtouch, I neither read Japanese, Chinese, Russian, nor German (there's more but let's keep it short), but I know how to tell when things have a different name in those respectful languages.

It's simple, he's not looking at the name of the quest mob vs. the name of the mob he's attacking careful enough. And if he's been there for hours, sadly he doesn't have the logic skills to go "Wait, something is wrong. Let me ask for help" which does not matter what language you're familiar with. In my server alone, I've seen people speak Russian, German, Spanish, and a few other languages. Someone on your server may know his native language, but he's not trying to use that to his advantage.

If he's a friend of yours, you need to teach him these things. Tell him to take his time looking at the names. Don't be afraid to ask for help in his native language if he can't speak English all too well. Sure there will be douchebags who may respond but there may be a person wiling to help who speaks the same language. Don't look down on the power of using your brains!

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:04 am
Your friend needs to learn a skill called initiative. I'm sure if you did not tell them they was killing the wrong enemy they would will still be there a week later