kyonshi123

Rank 0
kyonshi123
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:33 pm

What will happen to Scarlet Blade

Like the title says.
I mean if Aeria keep going the way they are, this game will not last long.
This is not a hate thread, it is just a discussion on solutions to fix the following issues:

1. Pay 2 win
2. Economy in game
3. Gold spammers
4. Bots
5. Pay 2 win ( twice because it's important )

Ok so:

The item shop is majorly over priced, fair enough it's up to Aeria on the pricing.
But how much longer will people keep spending?

Free 2 Play games = a quick way for a publisher to horde a mass of $$$, it's true because I've done it myself with a few games I have published.

Pay Monthly games = Constant payments every month, these games will provide more $$$ in the long run.

So which model would be best for Scarlet Blade?

Free 2 Play gives Aeria a quick boost in funds to keep the game alive for a while.
The down side to this model is the game quickly becomes Pay 2 Win, thus forcing a lot of free users to quit because the economy goes up tenfold and 100x worse a year later.
In the end the average life time of a free 2 play game is around 2 years.

Pay Monthly gives Aeria money every month that pays for everything, it also makes those who are free users on Free 2 Play into paid monthly users, at $5-10 a month even the poorest free player would pay that much.
There is no down side to Pay Monthly, unless you call not getting $1000000 in the first month a down side, sure the first month would be half of that if not a bit less, but in the long run you would gain so much more money, since more people would join the game.

Why I belive Aeira should stop and start again as a pay monthly game:

1. It will never become Pay 2 Win

2. It will create a larger player base

3. It will stop the prices rising to 5000g after the first month

4. It will stop the over stock of +7 and higher items

5. PvP will be more balanced as everyone has to farm their items

6. Factions will be balanced a lot better in terms of players
( Because 1 faction can not be full of rich kids paying to get +10s )

7. It creates more things to do in game when you hit the level cap
( Right now all we do is PvP in caergate and it's all 1 sided )
( If all the cash items dropped at random mobs with a fairly low rate, it requires time to farm giving us more to do and we can enjoy the game fully )

8. No one will smash out to level 29 in a couple days, they will take their time to farm rare items

9. Because of number eight, this provides you longer to get the new content ready, so you do not have to rush anything, also this means the game will last longer before a new cap arrives, giving you even more monthly payments.

10. The game will last 20x longer, I mean look at the game called Aion, they used to be Pay Monthly and had a massive player base, then it was sold to another company who took it Free 2 Play, it quickly became Pay 2 Win and because of that the player base has almost died out, they are making 100x less than they would sticking with monthly payments.

That is all I have to say about the games payment method, feel free to discuss.

So about the bots and gold spammers, we need more GMs in game to remove these complete pains in the bum.

What we really do need is a group of staff who take turns ( Like a work rota ) to stay in a town and guard us from these spammers, the second one gets on they kick its *** into the sun Smile

The same goes for bots, they need to be removed the second they are sighted, it ruins the game for others in the long run, they are just lazy kids who need to grow up.

As for the economy, why is there no limit on how much you can price an item in consignment?

If you for example had a pricing limit of 500 gold, this would reduce the price rises and stop people from over pricing everything so they can be rich.

This would also have to be implemented in trades as well.

That apart from giving all the idiots who pay these ridiculous prices a good spanking, is the only way I see from stopping this stupid prices.

Yes us as players need to take action to fix it also, but if Aeria does not do something to help us with this issue, it will carry on and eventually a level 20 rare weapon will cost 5000 gold, this will completely stop any new players from staying in the game, thus eventually killing the game all together.

I think I covered everything I wanted to say, discuss Smile

Oh last thing, if you did go Pay Monthly, you would of course need to compensate those who brought the AP, not much just give them a costume or something for joining OBT xD

If everyone wants Pay Monthly I am sure they would be happy with a limited edition costume.
Advertisement

diamondvalkyria

Rank 0
diamondvalkyria
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:44 pm
Scarlet Blade would not survive as a pay to play game. It's really simple as that. First off, a lot of people PLAY free to play games because...well, they're free. I don't have a job, and I'm not going to fork over $15 a month for a game I might not necessarily log into for months at a time. A lot of people feel the same way. Plus, Queen's Blade is free to play. I don't think they can just change the format without their permission- of course, I'm no lawyer.

Also,

"8. No one will smash out to level 29 in a couple days, they will take their time to farm rare items "

I don't understand this logic. The amount of time it takes to level to the current cap aside, surely it would be easier to farm rares AFTER you reach the level cap?

Also, you mentioned publishing games of your own. What are your credentials, if I may ask?

GMStingRay

GameMaster: USA
GMStingRay
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:46 pm
First off, thanks for writing all of this out. It shows how passionate you are for the game. Some of the points you bring up are pretty interesting however Scarlet Blade, I feel is still building steam. So it is a bit early to begin predicting the future.

As far as spammer/botters go we do put a lot of effort into getting rid of these issues and you can help us by filling out this form! This information will help us even when the GM staff is not available to be in game to monitor this type of activity.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:04 pm
GMStingRay wrote:
First off, thanks for writing all of this out. It shows how passionate you are for the game. Some of the points you bring up are pretty interesting however Scarlet Blade, I feel is still building steam. So it is a bit early to begin predicting the future.

As far as spammer/botters go we do put a lot of effort into getting rid of these issues and you can help us by filling out this form! This information will help us even when the GM staff is not available to be in game to monitor this type of activity.  

I still wish the solution DKO enacted could be also used for Scarlet Blade. I don't know what Taz did, but after he did something, DKO Gold Spammage completely ceased, and never came back.

I suggest while the game (DKO) is down for repairs, you guys bring him here to brainstorm. He seems effective at dealing with this specific problem.

yuri.a0

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:09 pm
Need moar content alot bored already! me personally i alredy got all perfect gear +8's and 9 not much to do but logon/dailies/world boses an probably same old janus an turnpike Sad Sad

kyonshi123

Rank 0
kyonshi123
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:38 pm
diamondvalkyria wrote:
Scarlet Blade would not survive as a pay to play game. It's really simple as that. First off, a lot of people PLAY free to play games because...well, they're free. I don't have a job, and I'm not going to fork over $15 a month for a game I might not necessarily log into for months at a time. A lot of people feel the same way. Plus, Queen's Blade is free to play. I don't think they can just change the format without their permission- of course, I'm no lawyer.

Also,

"8. No one will smash out to level 29 in a couple days, they will take their time to farm rare items "

I don't understand this logic. The amount of time it takes to level to the current cap aside, surely it would be easier to farm rares AFTER you reach the level cap?

Also, you mentioned publishing games of your own. What are your credentials, if I may ask?  

Smash to 29 bit:
Well if they changed the drop system to how raids are ( 10 levels higher = no drops ) it would work that way, I just forgot to mention that bit sorry my fault xD
( Basically the game needs to be harder )

Publishing bit:
Not official games, you know what I mean I hope, I'd rather not say might get trouble for it Smile
But I have made thousands out of publishing those few games, they all lasted just over a year and died, purely because and I quote from 100s of players " It's turned into Pay 2 Win "

The other issue which I really should mention seeing as how a GM is here, but I wont because it's quite confidential so I shall send him a private message, as I feel Aeria should start taking action against it.

@StingRay
Forms are all well and good, but if you don't have the staff to handle the spam complaints about the botters, it will just cause you guys havoc reading it all.
Suggestion:
Get volunteers to read it all and report back with the spammers names ect.
You only need to ask, Hard I'd sit there for a day a week reading every report about spammers and botters, just so we can get rid of them quicker Smile

lorddarthmel

Rank 4
lorddarthmel
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:43 pm
F2P P2W is almost a word all together. And i really have nothing against the P2W part because of the F2P part. I play to enjoy in community which is what this game is about.

Want to improve the game? remove the gambling boxes, simple as that. There are other games which have no gambling boxes, are free to play, have lasted 4 years now, still last and have almost no problems with bot scams.

Probability is the hook that move the gold scammers. Remove it, balance reasonably the ingame economy, and you are done.

Free. Don't make me add the bar again... ->I WIN. Episode 10 Finally!! <-

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:01 pm
I think the game should be adapted to people's economy levels.

1. Free mode. You get the game, but no fancy stuff.

2. Item mall character bound items for 10 dollars each. For the persons with low money and who only wish to play a single character.

3. Subscription 100 dollar a month. This mode gives you unlimited character bound items (worth 0 if you sell them). Just check them out from the store and they'll bind on your character. Non-tradable. This is for people who like costumes, and have money, but want a "cheap" way of dealing with it.

4. 30-100 dollar costumes. The kind that you can buy and sell for in game gold, or because you think it is important to have a yellow costume showing you paid extra money for being unique. (While the 10 dollar version might have been green)

With such a system Aeria would be swimming in money, because everyone can afford AND pay for what they want. The small spenders spend their money, the medium spenders spend their, and the big spenders spend their. Aeria gets ALL money, and maximizes the profits, while maxing out the satisfaction of the playerbase.

Only an idiot wouldn't run this system to get every nickle and dime out of their customers.

lorddarthmel

Rank 4
lorddarthmel
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:15 pm
With regard to the costumes there is always an option that isn't that annoying to me. Random colors, you don't get the color you want? buy items to dye them.

Free. Don't make me add the bar again... ->I WIN. Episode 10 Finally!! <-

Gamestopperz

Rank 0
Gamestopperz
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:43 pm
When I first started reading what you said, i agreed with you: Pay 2 win, Gold spammers, and botting. But when you started to discuss your possible solution, they started to sound a little hateful even though you said this is not.

First, this game is lowly turning into a Pay 2 Win game: Faster bikes, Enchantment help, stat boosters. When I first started playing this was not a problem, but slowly people started buying from the AP shop and they slowly gain an increasing advantage over non-buyers.

Second, I believe it is not the developers concern right now about the in-game economy. This is the players concern. We need to take control over what prices should be. If you do not like the prices, do not buy the item. Take the time, or luck, to get the item yourself. People are making more money ingame because they are buying AP and selling AP items or grinding for rare gear.

Third, Gold spammers and Bots are becoming an issue in this game. Gold spammers are starting to use world calls and even whispering to you if you are close. Easy solution is have a GM run by Enocia to kick the gold botters.

Forth, The AP prices in the item mall are all decent priced. Item that give advantage are more expensive then chance item and storage upgrades. What is overpriced are these bonus ladders they seem to be putting out every weekend. $100-$200 for only 1 tier. Ya, i would like to have a buy a costume but spending $100+ in not worth the money for an item that is only for looks.

Lastly, monthly subscription would turn many players away. Many of us are only here because this is a Free 2 Play game. This game would die fast or not even run if it was P2P. This game does not have enough content in right now even try to run as a P2P.

Question For GMs:

Who sets the prices for bonus ladders and Item Shop? Aeria or Developers?