Like the title says.
I mean if Aeria keep going the way they are, this game will not last long.
This is not a hate thread, it is just a discussion on solutions to fix the following issues:
1. Pay 2 win
2. Economy in game
3. Gold spammers
5. Pay 2 win ( twice because it's important )
The item shop is majorly over priced, fair enough it's up to Aeria on the pricing.
But how much longer will people keep spending?
Free 2 Play games = a quick way for a publisher to horde a mass of $$$, it's true because I've done it myself with a few games I have published.
Pay Monthly games = Constant payments every month, these games will provide more $$$ in the long run.
So which model would be best for Scarlet Blade?
Free 2 Play gives Aeria a quick boost in funds to keep the game alive for a while.
The down side to this model is the game quickly becomes Pay 2 Win, thus forcing a lot of free users to quit because the economy goes up tenfold and 100x worse a year later.
In the end the average life time of a free 2 play game is around 2 years.
Pay Monthly gives Aeria money every month that pays for everything, it also makes those who are free users on Free 2 Play into paid monthly users, at $5-10 a month even the poorest free player would pay that much.
There is no down side to Pay Monthly, unless you call not getting $1000000 in the first month a down side, sure the first month would be half of that if not a bit less, but in the long run you would gain so much more money, since more people would join the game.
Why I belive Aeira should stop and start again as a pay monthly game:
1. It will never become Pay 2 Win
2. It will create a larger player base
3. It will stop the prices rising to 5000g after the first month
4. It will stop the over stock of +7 and higher items
5. PvP will be more balanced as everyone has to farm their items
6. Factions will be balanced a lot better in terms of players
( Because 1 faction can not be full of rich kids paying to get +10s )
7. It creates more things to do in game when you hit the level cap
( Right now all we do is PvP in caergate and it's all 1 sided )
( If all the cash items dropped at random mobs with a fairly low rate, it requires time to farm giving us more to do and we can enjoy the game fully )
8. No one will smash out to level 29 in a couple days, they will take their time to farm rare items
9. Because of number eight, this provides you longer to get the new content ready, so you do not have to rush anything, also this means the game will last longer before a new cap arrives, giving you even more monthly payments.
10. The game will last 20x longer, I mean look at the game called Aion, they used to be Pay Monthly and had a massive player base, then it was sold to another company who took it Free 2 Play, it quickly became Pay 2 Win and because of that the player base has almost died out, they are making 100x less than they would sticking with monthly payments.
That is all I have to say about the games payment method, feel free to discuss.
So about the bots and gold spammers, we need more GMs in game to remove these complete pains in the bum.
What we really do need is a group of staff who take turns ( Like a work rota ) to stay in a town and guard us from these spammers, the second one gets on they kick its *** into the sun
The same goes for bots, they need to be removed the second they are sighted, it ruins the game for others in the long run, they are just lazy kids who need to grow up.
As for the economy, why is there no limit on how much you can price an item in consignment?
If you for example had a pricing limit of 500 gold, this would reduce the price rises and stop people from over pricing everything so they can be rich.
This would also have to be implemented in trades as well.
That apart from giving all the idiots who pay these ridiculous prices a good spanking, is the only way I see from stopping this stupid prices.
Yes us as players need to take action to fix it also, but if Aeria does not do something to help us with this issue, it will carry on and eventually a level 20 rare weapon will cost 5000 gold, this will completely stop any new players from staying in the game, thus eventually killing the game all together.
I think I covered everything I wanted to say, discuss
Oh last thing, if you did go Pay Monthly, you would of course need to compensate those who brought the AP, not much just give them a costume or something for joining OBT xD
If everyone wants Pay Monthly I am sure they would be happy with a limited edition costume.