SeikoDee

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
SeikoDee
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:58 pm
Yeah. Mighty Impact is pretty devastating with that increased 20% on top of that other buff. As stated, we still don't know. There still are ways to do well in PVP, even with 1 v 1. Just gotta figure out which skills do well even if it will compromise a PVE build. I've seen PUs with 4K HP and killer dodge rates as well that still dish out punishing damage (No pun intended) (Lol... I think that was another one).

From a cynical point, some may say defeating a tank class is like getting Lingerie from an Lucky Box, but the 20% with stat crit is so much better than that fraction of a percentage especially if you build right.

I still do like the ranged idea, and hopefully we'll see more come to pass if cap rises.

Elynosgirl wrote:
SeikoDee wrote:
I agree with the range idea, but wonder of the trade-off. Then there's the issue of the cap being at 29. Maybe other the country, had some sort of way to balance when they capped 29. Nonetheless, it is very late game for OB and people are just focussing on maxing their gear and finding right combinations.

We still don't know if they will have increased ranged in the future and all we can do is wait. Sad  

besides the 23m range skill from the mech the pun has a charged skill which can be learned to lv 2 at the current lv cap of 29 and has 25m with a good damage and high crit and this is why they have "the longest range of all classes" because no other class also the SE have no skill that surpasses 20m range

larrydamonster wrote:
But PU is essentially a sniper. What sniper has the range of a pistol (SE).  

Essentially a sniper ? how come ? having a rifle doesn't mean it's a must to be a sniper rifle or a assault rifle

How much range should a medic have for having a cannon ?

Enjoy the kittens  

Advertisement

soniti54

Rank 0
soniti54
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:07 pm
So... punishers have one 25m skill with a 20sec cd and relatively high damage in arkana form, and one 23m skill with a 6sec cd in mech... and this means... what....

Neither of these skills are lethal at that range, not even if used in a successive combination, every other skill in punisher's arsenal is 20m. So if you want to actually kill somebody, you need to shoot from the 20m mark. Meaning the only real use in those ranged skills is to try and peg someone who's falling back, and the only way to use them successively is to use the 25m one first, in which case the 23m one will be out of range, so you would really want to use th 25m one at about 21m so u can still hit with the 23m mech skill.

You could say the punisher could attack in mech first until the mech cd is over, then use 23m + 25m skills in succession, but punisher mech has two 20m AoE, both 12s cd, and then the 23m skill at 6s cd, the other 2 skills are close combat. It's a terrible range mech and can't even attack long enough for the whole mech cd to end.

That's about as good a range advantage as punisher gets from that, it isn't much.

As for medic, punishers are shooting at the front liners... medics should be healing the front liners... meaning your range compared to theirs is however far your target is from them + your healing range. You could very well be healing from 40m away if you have a tanky built ranged member. As a 3k hp medic the only thing that concerns me is being pulled by a bloody whipper, and I can't remember the last time anyone besides an SW killed me without at least 2 other people (or 1 rare kali).

I'm just saying punisher's range is really no better than any other ranged class despite those 2 lousy skills. Whether they need a buff or not, I think they probably will, but I'm not sure because they might get more competitive with an increased level cap... whenever that happens..

larrydamonster

Rank 2
larrydamonster
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:16 pm
Even if it is a rifle, a rifle should not have the same range as a pistol.

tswericreed

Rank 0
tswericreed
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:38 pm

PUN Level 29

Although we complaining a subject based PU which I'm playing at the moment. Now don't get me wrong, but the skill point aren't enough to beast a PU. And unlike any other class, the Punisher can't get three skill level up. Cocoon of Detection Lv2 is Level 30. The A-Bomb is level 30 and Plasma Bomb is Level 35. These are strong skills, The range increase either way, every skill in punisher is cut in half in BG. Which means we stuck as weakness class. Even soloing BC is hard because of no big damage through the game unless gun is +7.

TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 11:25 am
Elynosgirl wrote:
... ...seems legit[/color]  

try using that to kill at level 27 range BG, small aoe range = lesser chance of killing paper-gear.
15 move spd debuff isn't much of a noticeable different if u upgrade ur shoas with spd.

Elynosgirl wrote:
And if you compare the clusters with your mech skill what do you state ? a rifle vs a grenade seems legit[/color]  

yes yes legit... 20m range + hitting 3 to 6 people? sry not in game now.
if target move back to group and distance is more then 20m, clusterbomb will still active and hit more targets.
the amount of dmg it done is:
[Mortified dmg from stats] + [Chi-dmg from stat] + [-200hp] + [-100sp] ??
i can bet this is even more usefulness then PUN' ulti of 3 to 4k dmg and -300sp with CD of 15mins.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:06 pm
soniti54 wrote:

As for medic, punishers are shooting at the front liners... medics should be healing the front liners... meaning your range compared to theirs is however far your target is from them + your healing range. You could very well be healing from 40m away

ranged dps are supposed to cut off the rear support when they are able to and in the meantime to protect theirs it's called strategy..if you focus on a tank healled by more medics good luck killing it without a lot of casualties
And yes would be re.tar.ded for pun to actually kill the rear support without any effort..very balanced
larrydamonster wrote:
Even if it is a rifle, a rifle should not have the same range as a pistol.  
welcome to the video games... ever tried to play a frist-person shooter ?
tswericreed wrote:
Although we complaining a subject based PU which I'm playing at the moment. Now don't get me wrong, but the skill point aren't enough to beast a PU. And unlike any other class, the Punisher can't get three skill level up. Cocoon of Detection Lv2 is Level 30. The A-Bomb is level 30 and Plasma Bomb is Level 35. These are strong skills, The range increase either way, every skill in punisher is cut in half in BG. Which means we stuck as weakness class. Even soloing BC is hard because of no big damage through the game unless gun is +7.  
How come other pun's are not having the same "issue" as you and the other QQ'ers
My frist battle on my alt char which is a pun i scored 17/1 K/D without any party or mech
Second 16/1 with a party + mech available
http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/16/45/41/28/untitl11.jpg
http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/16/45/41/28/untitl12.jpg
Stop the QQ it's possible to play like it is..no need any ridiculous advantage just because some players can't find the right timing or the right style to succeed
gear up your character because the other players are doing so , don't expect anything easy from a better geared
TheWorld91 wrote:

and what i'm QQing all about is most melee class can cover those 20m in a few seconds unless he/she isnt aiming for my character.

at least i didnt start QQ-ing about clusterbomb which allow all character to have 20 meter range AOE which increase according to character's stats?

TheWorld91 wrote:

try using that to kill at level 27 range BG, small aoe range = lesser chance of killing paper-gear.
15 move spd debuff isn't much of a noticeable different if u upgrade ur shoas with spd.
yes yes legit... 20m range + hitting 3 to 6 people? sry not in game now.
if target move back to group and distance is more then 20m, clusterbomb will still active and hit more targets.
the amount of dmg it done is:
[Mortified dmg from stats] + [Chi-dmg from stat] + [-200hp] + [-100sp] ??
i can bet this is even more usefulness then PUN' ulti of 3 to 4k dmg and -300sp with CD of 15mins.  
all characters range is 20m by default (some exceptions for some skills for all classes) and "formula" works on skills also (Char Attributes + Skill stats - target defense modifiers def,eva,ch-eva etc)
The highest damage class doesn't need all skills to have a stupid range increase

soniti54

Rank 0
soniti54
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:33 pm
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:

As for medic, punishers are shooting at the front liners... medics should be healing the front liners... meaning your range compared to theirs is however far your target is from them + your healing range. You could very well be healing from 40m away

ranged dps are supposed to cut off the rear support when they are able to and in the meantime to protect theirs it's called strategy..if you focus on a tank healled by more medics good luck killing it without a lot of casualties
And yes would be re.tar.ded for pun to actually kill the rear support without any effort..very balanced  

Have you even tried implementing this 'strategy' of yours?
1) You're assuming it's a simple matter to pick the medic out with this god awful targetting mechanic.

2) Even if you somehow manage to target the medic, how hard is it to take 1 or 2 steps backwards so that the person attacking you is now in range of your entire rear line? It's not. Punishers have no long range stun or immobilizer and I do it every battle despite being outnumbered.

3) Everytime I see someone trying to make a point that punisher is OP they show screen shots of level 15 ~ 19 battles. Yes. Punisher and Whipper are gods of the green geared noobs who don't use hp/sp potions or hypovials. We get it. Btw that contri is terrible.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:43 pm
soniti54 wrote:
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:

1) You're assuming it's a simple matter to pick the medic out with this god awful targetting mechanic.

2) Even if you somehow manage to target the medic, how hard is it to take 1 or 2 steps backwards so that the person attacking you is now in range of your entire rear line? It's not. Punishers have no long range stun or immobilizer and I do it every battle despite being outnumbered.

3) Everytime I see someone trying to make a point that punisher is OP they show screen shots of level 15 ~ 19 battles. Yes. Punisher and Whipper are gods of the green geared noobs who don't use hp/sp potions or hypovials. We get it. Btw that contri is terrible.  

1)not really a problem for me
2)delaying the support can also bring advantage
3)..you're making fun of yourself now or is a bluff ? the Score needed to win a battle is gained by KILLING and not by healing -> ...contribution is earned from assisting with damage,supporting skills etc
4)QQ more ?

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

soniti54

Rank 0
soniti54
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:59 pm
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:

3)..you're making fun of yourself now or is a bluff ? the Score needed to win a battle is gained by KILLING and not by healing -> ...contribution is earned from assisting with damage,supporting skills etc
4)QQ more ?  

1) If you're saying the targetting mechanic isn't awful, a lot of people would disagree with you.

2) This is true. However any ranged class can 'delay' the support, several of which can do it much more effectively than a punisher.

3) ... uh... are we looking at the same #3?

4) If crying is how you cope with an opposing argument, then yes you may.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 27, 2013 1:05 pm
soniti54 wrote:
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:
Elynosgirl wrote:
soniti54 wrote:

4)QQ more ?  

1) If you're saying the targetting mechanic isn't awful, a lot of people would disagree with you.

2) This is true. However any ranged class can 'delay' the support, several of which can do it much more effectively than a punisher.

3) ... uh... are we looking at the same #3?

4) If crying is how you cope with an opposing argument, then yes you may.  

just 5 words : learn to read , Thank you