TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 9:52 am

PUN' skill range / QQ

is there any slightly possbility that developers might increase all of PUN' skill range by 5 to 10?
because in 1 second any player or even monster can close the gap by 5 meters or so.
and whats more WH's pull at level 3 have 20 meter range which is the same as PUN?!
unbelievable, a whip can stretch 20 meter to reach the target just unthinkable.
DE can rush towards the target as well (no idea what skill name is it)
SW can warp towards target.

i tested the range of targeting in this game:
by manual clicking is around 40 meters
by tab-selecting is 30 to 35 meters
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedApr 26, 2013 9:58 am
It would be a good change in my opinion, increasing the range of most skills to 25/30m. While most classes are well balanced, the Punisher does have a few important weakness and thats one, since normally he can't give a big ammount of damage in time before he gets caught up by a meele character.

TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:13 am
jotasnake wrote:
It would be a good change in my opinion, increasing the range of most skills to 25/30m. While most classes are well balanced, the Punisher does have a few important weakness and thats one, since normally he can't give a big ammount of damage in time before he gets caught up by a meele character.  

in PVE, before a monster get in melee range. i can only manage to cast 1 to 2 skill before getting smacked. un-buffed
if i start with the mighty impact, i can do at least 2 to 3 skills.

but for PVP, normally a SW will warp towards and stun combo me. at least if i'm lucky i can kill him.
a DE will rush and finish me off, without having a slight chance of winning against him, a class fit and the role of a tank verus a range'd dps is totally stupid unless u can hit n run.

a WH will use the pulling skill of 18m and kill me off instantly.

i dont see anyway of surviving these for a few seconds, not tanking them but for the team member to help or assist me. unless u'r a 4k hp PUN then i think u might live a little longer.

it's stupid to fight on par with SE range of 20m where they can spam their skills faster.

just QQing.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:22 am
and for medics ? increase the range by additional 20m ? ... i wouldn't like to be in danger to be snipped by a pun with a ridiculous range and entering mech some skills range increases upwards of 20m (if i remember ~23 which is enough)

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

larrydamonster

Rank 2
larrydamonster
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:55 am
But PU is essentially a sniper. What sniper has the range of a pistol (SE).

TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:57 am
Elynosgirl wrote:
and for medics ? increase the range by additional 20m ? ... i wouldn't like to be in danger to be snipped by a pun with a ridiculous range and entering mech some skills range increases upwards of 20m (if i remember ~23 which is enough)  

PUN' mech skill are all 20m from what i remember, increasing medic heal range by 20 meter will be stupid. or let's just say no point in playing BG when medic can just heal from the back of line.

from what i see in PUN' skill describe the class to be the longest range DPS?
while SE = something like the 2nd further range?
and what i'm QQing all about is most melee class can cover those 20m in a few seconds unless he/she isnt aiming for my character.

at least i didnt start QQ-ing about clusterbomb which allow all character to have 20 meter range AOE which increase according to character's stats?

EDIT: agreed with larrydamonster.
i guess a toygun?

Aashmir2

Rank 3
Aashmir2
PostedApr 26, 2013 11:21 am
If it was buffed then PU would destroy any class that doesn't have a dash.

On my PU I can usually kill a non dungeon mob before it even reaches me...maybe you aren't maxing the right skills?

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 26, 2013 11:47 am
TheWorld91 wrote:
Elynosgirl wrote:

PUN' mech skill are all 20m from what i remember, increasing medic heal range by 20 meter will be stupid. or let's just say no point in playing BG when medic can just heal from the back of line.

from what i see in PUN' skill describe the class to be the longest range DPS?
while SE = something like the 2nd further range?
and what i'm QQing all about is most melee class can cover those 20m in a few seconds unless he/she isnt aiming for my character.

at least i didnt start QQ-ing about clusterbomb which allow all character to have 20 meter range AOE which increase according to character's stats?

EDIT: agreed with larrydamonster.
i guess a toygun?  

Indigo Text FTW made me chuckle

wheres your god now ? and that was a pure sarcasm about 40m range since the medic has the same "issue"
The Inferno lv1 is from the magic mech.. lv 2 is gained from the rare... which gives even more damage output
And as Aashmir2 said maybe you are not playing good enough or your foes are better in PvP ?
And if you compare the clusters with your mech skill what do you state ? a rifle vs a grenade seems legit

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

SeikoDee

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
SeikoDee
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:21 pm
I agree with the range idea, but wonder of the trade-off. Then there's the issue of the cap being at 29. Maybe other the country, had some sort of way to balance when they capped 29. Nonetheless, it is very late game for OB and people are just focussing on maxing their gear and finding right combinations.

We still don't know if they will have increased ranged in the future and all we can do is wait. Sad

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:47 pm
SeikoDee wrote:
I agree with the range idea, but wonder of the trade-off. Then there's the issue of the cap being at 29. Maybe other the country, had some sort of way to balance when they capped 29. Nonetheless, it is very late game for OB and people are just focussing on maxing their gear and finding right combinations.

We still don't know if they will have increased ranged in the future and all we can do is wait. Sad  

besides the 23m range skill from the mech the pun has a charged skill which can be learned to lv 2 at the current lv cap of 29 and has 25m with a good damage and high crit and this is why they have "the longest range of all classes" because no other class also the SE have no skill that surpasses 20m range

larrydamonster wrote:
But PU is essentially a sniper. What sniper has the range of a pistol (SE).  

Essentially a sniper ? how come ? having a rifle doesn't mean it's a must to be a sniper rifle or a assault rifle

How much range should a medic have for having a cannon ?

Enjoy the kittens

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )