Author Message

Star_Buck

Rank 1
Star_Buck
Joined
12 Sep 2008
Posts
268
Location
peterborough United Kingdom
PostedApr 26, 2013 6:49 am
Have to say every time i've gone to titan on Valkyrie and helped kill the RG trying to mess it up all i've got is nothing not even a thanks from Fairytail. While other guilds have reset bosses on me or let RG wipe my party then take the boss, so I don't bother any more.

The loot system is part to blame but so is players greed I believe that when raids are put in place it will make it even harder to try get bosses from the top guilds on any given server they can just fill the 30 slots with guild members or alts and take every last one.
Advertisement

TheWorld91

Rank 0
Joined
15 Dec 2008
Posts
105
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:49 am
Star_Buck wrote:
Have to say ... ... ers or alts and take every last one.  

if dev allows drops from boss to be FFA, RG n Free Knights will fight for it, in this case pet with fetch chip are the best and will make non-AP buyer discontent.

i do know your feeling, but this sucks. maybe dev shld make drops from such boss automatic appear in your inventory if ur faction manage to kill it and get a higher DPS on it.

maybe this might be a solution.

Artorian

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Artorian
Joined
18 May 2007
Posts
45
Location
Brazil
PostedApr 26, 2013 8:27 am
lukaszb.mentor wrote:
I got the Digerbane quest and drop yesterday. 1 pt, 2 defs, 2 shadowalkers, 1 medic and me a PU, and mabey 2 random guys not in pt. Vix came we fought, thx for that btw always a pleasure to pvp with You guys Smile, but somehow we managed to get the boss.

Frankly speaking I do it in another fashion, If I see that I`m not in the top dps pt i just stay and try to protect the people from it, You may ask what I get from it? Nice PvP action(points and tags to Razz) and self satisfaction that I helped and that’s enough for me.

If I want to do the top dps I don’t do it casually like "no problem BRO let’s just kill the thing" but I put up a good pt that is well geared and where people know what to do. It needs preparation, some tactics, luck and most of all work.

I really don’t understand why some people think that they should get it just like that. Get geared, not some random gear you find on the way when You lvl up, find good active players to join You in an nice guild and then try to accomplish something. About 80% of the population runs around in gear with random options(that don’t make any sense) with no enchants or max +3 +4 on them and they suppose they should get the drop from the bosses... I ask, why? Someone who put more work into his char, planned and prepared a good pt in advance, has a good build, with good items, took lots of time to farm the gold to get the items on a good enchantment lvl, in my opinion is supposed to get more out of the boss.

The other thing I don`t understand is some kind of global selfishness, "Nah I won’t help cuz i don`t get anything out of it", and that in my opinion is just horrible. I ask myself then "I wonder if that person is the same in real life?" :/

This is just my opinion, the raid system should consider like 2 or 3 pt that do top dmg to the boss that’s true but this has to be implemented no because the game has a flaw, it has to be implemented because the community has a flaw. And this must be implemented on them from above because the majority can’t do it by their own will.

No hard fealings torwards anyone, GL and HF everyone Smile  

Maybe because said people don't have hundreds of gold like you seem to have to buy everything form the Consignment NPC, or your luck to get your rare drops right away from bosses? The only reason *I* have mostly rare gear on +6 and +7 on me is because I was lucky enough to get a 'Permanent Warehouse Code' and sold it for a good chunk of gold. Plus not everyone is as enlightened at you seem to be to simply look at their class' skills in advance and instantly know which ones he/she should skip, which to give just one point, and which to max out ASAP.

And it's not simply selfishness that people don't help. It's not "Nah I won't help cuz I don't get anything out of it", but more exactly "Why should I stop working on improving the gear of my level 29 character that I am enjoying, or stop leveling my alt I am having fun with, just to help a random stranger get richer, while I will certainly end up using lots of hypovials to kill that mob, plus risk losing experience and rank points for no reward at all?"

Also, you say 'no hard feelings', but I can't see anything other than 'hard feelings' toward, as you put it, '80% of the population', with the way you criticize their gear and skill choices.

Aashmir2

Rank 3
Aashmir2
Joined
13 Feb 2009
Posts
1075
Location
United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 8:35 am
Star_Buck wrote:
Have to say every time i've gone to titan on Valkyrie and helped kill the RG trying to mess it up all i've got is nothing not even a thanks from Fairytail. While other guilds have reset bosses on me or let RG wipe my party then take the boss, so I don't bother any more.

The loot system is part to blame but so is players greed I believe that when raids are put in place it will make it even harder to try get bosses from the top guilds on any given server they can just fill the 30 slots with guild members or alts and take every last one.  


People in Explicit used to never say thanks...they still don't. Surprised Sometimes they even get Dirge more than once a day (same party because they want drops) but Dragoon has actually been paying RG to come to titan and says thanks. xD I know 3g and a "thanks" doesn't make up for Explicit getting mechs and suits non stop but I guess it makes RG feel valued in our efforts.

Except me, because he doesn't like medics. :C

darkslayax

Rank 2
darkslayax
Joined
05 Nov 2009
Posts
491
Location
United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 11:35 am
Star_Buck wrote:
Have to say every time i've gone to titan on Valkyrie and helped kill the RG trying to mess it up all i've got is nothing not even a thanks from Fairytail. While other guilds have reset bosses on me or let RG wipe my party then take the boss, so I don't bother any more.

The loot system is part to blame but so is players greed I believe that when raids are put in place it will make it even harder to try get bosses from the top guilds on any given server they can just fill the 30 slots with guild members or alts and take every last one.  


When we were in our early levels, we used to ask for help fighting RG during titan because it was faction vs faction. But we soon realized the Free Knights, in majority, simply ignored us and proceeded to QQ us that they don't get drops due to the loot system (at this time, FT wasn't getting titan kills because we were new to the titan scene, and this was mainly a loot system issue).

Now we fast forward to the present where we have grown in size, members and have a solid gear base. And guess what? We're still being QQed because people now blame us for being greedy because we worked ourselves up to do a rather difficult task for killing a world boss while fighting a war. We no longer ask for help from Free Knights because of this reason. And as for sharing the loot thing, we have shared loot from a few kills, but the loot from titan has always been extremly random from random gems, rare gear and trinkets(some of which don't even drop). Occasional, if we see an increase in Free Knights participation, we shout in area chat like "first one to whisper me gets so and so" from that titan drop.

Under construction

TehCait

Rank 1
Joined
30 Mar 2013
Posts
257
Location
United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 1:09 pm
darkslayax wrote:
We no longer ask for help from Free Knights because of this reason.  
With how big FT is and how many people you bring it doesn't seem like you need help in the first place. :I

dieylah01

Rank 0
Joined
02 Jun 2009
Posts
1
Location
Malaysia
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:39 pm
how about making the loot split to 5 or 10 top dmg and the loot are randomly split up.. so every party in the list will get random loot doesnt matter is it Free Knights or RG.. The total dmg should came from the whole party and the name which in the list is the leader of the party.. that should be great right? sory for my english hope u guys can understand.

mjollnir77

Rank 3
mjollnir77
Joined
30 Sep 2009
Posts
1041
Location
Bellagio Italy
PostedApr 26, 2013 4:58 pm
well my 2 cents on everything.

I can agree with almost everyone, either the ones having top DPS party always and both the ronin coming to help and getting nothing. It's a critical situation.

I'd like to point out that, in order to return to fairness, there's one simple thing none is gonna thinking about, that's lowering the prices.

We on Valk have 2 or 3 guild for faction monopolizing titan/digerbane/whatever you want, if they sell extra loot at fair prices (not 1k G, wtf is gonna nerd 1k G when having a job and a real life, be serious... and don't come with the joke of doing BC on and on, I've tried it... well 6 G in pots and 2 G gained from every run... sickening ain't it?)

Btw, don't put loot in AH, cuz someone is speculating (how the heck do they have insane amount of gold in barely 1 month of gameplay is up to our dear GM to discover)

My 2 cents, for my point of view I won't help on bosses, and my guild won't partecipate to faction raids, only random CG stuffs, when Valk RG will show us they are a faction, and not a collection of one man bands, maybe we'll return to help.

The Blonde Hurricane

PS: Serious about the loot resell, just don't use AH in order to avoid resellers.

MythicNova

Rank 0
MythicNova
Joined
15 Apr 2013
Posts
30
Location
Somewhere Niger
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:17 pm
I don't know if its been suggested or not (i haven't read every reply word by word, just been scanning through them), but what they should do is reward everyone who attacks titan or whatever world boss with a reward chest they has a chance to obtain items that are dropped from the boss. The highest dps parties would get more reward chests, while at the lower end, people get one or more reward chests. People would only get this reward chest if they

1. did x amount of damage to the boss itself
2. took x amount of damage or
3. healed a person who is attacking or taking damage x amount of health

This way, everyone would be awarded based on their contribution to the boss, similar to how janus/turnpike is rewarded.

bowtrickz

Rank 0
bowtrickz
Joined
19 Apr 2013
Posts
36
Location
United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:38 pm
I have participated in Titan kills almost every day now. I have never been in the party that gets the loot. Some like to say maybe people should try harder and organize themselves to be the top damage group. We have tried to be the top damage group and it is not possible. I have a +9 weapon and grouped up with 5 other players with +7 weps or higher and we had our own medic healing us from outside the party. We all stacked in one formation for full uptime of Punishers offense cocoon. Because we never get the titan kill our medic does not have the rare Kali for the party wide buff. This is the sole reason the top group surges ahead of us in dps. It is impossible to overcome them.

I would like to see the world boss drop mechanic changed. On Venus the same group gets the drops every time. They have even started putting on a public show of sharing loot with other players that participated. The only reason they do this is to appease the random players that assist on the boss kill. It is all just a show to act like they are sharing the loot with everyone while they keep the best drops to their guild of course. Even if they were truly sharing all of the loot.. Let me ask you this. Why should any one player or group of players get to decide who is deserving of what item.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: