cidnemo

Rank 0
cidnemo
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:00 pm
GMStingRay wrote:
I agree that the loot system needs work and it is being worked on. One thing that I did want to point out is that I was in game today and saw Dirgebane unattended at least two times. With his high number of spawns per day it is very possible for the average player to get loot from this boss.  

Dirgebane can wipe my HP clean in 3 hits and I'm wearing a +5 hp def void suit and +4 def void helm.... (then again I'm using a Sentinel)

I can't quite imagine a party of average people with a higher chance of having worse gear than me being able to take down Dirgebane by themselves.

The high number of spawns (almost 48 per day isn't it?) does mean there's quite a lot of them to go around with...but with people's limited time (most likely they're working or studying) and the average player's limited gear, you cannot realistically get loot, or kill at all, without a help from well-geared players.

The quickest solution really is just to get that raid system up, drop rate and number of drops can change from there, I heard it was okay in Alpha, what's stopping it coming to commercial?
Advertisement

aeria.puffer

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.puffer
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:15 pm
cidnemo wrote:
GMStingRay wrote:
I agree that the loot system needs work and it is being worked on. One thing that I did want to point out is that I was in game today and saw Dirgebane unattended at least two times. With his high number of spawns per day it is very possible for the average player to get loot from this boss.  

Dirgebane can wipe my HP clean in 3 hits and I'm wearing a +5 hp def void suit and +4 def void helm.... (then again I'm using a Sentinel)

I can't quite imagine a party of average people with a higher chance of having worse gear than me being able to take down Dirgebane by themselves.

The high number of spawns (almost 48 per day isn't it?) does mean there's quite a lot of them to go around with...but with people's limited time (most likely they're working or studying) and the average player's limited gear, you cannot realistically get loot, or kill at all, without a help from well-geared players.

The quickest solution really is just to get that raid system up, drop rate and number of drops can change from there, I heard it was okay in Alpha, what's stopping it coming to commercial?  

The raid system available during Alpha had issues such as experience and loot not being correctly distributed. As such, the raid system will be patched into the game only when it's been fully polished and extensively tested.

<a> </a>

cidnemo

Rank 0
cidnemo
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:19 pm
aeria.puffer wrote:
cidnemo wrote:
GMStingRay wrote:

The raid system available during Alpha had issues such as experience and loot not being correctly distributed. As such, the raid system will be patched into the game only when it's been fully polished and extensively tested.  

Welp that's something people from Alpha didn't seem to say...

Although that polishing and testing should end soon as it's practically an important part in a game where teamwork against bosses is of utmost importance... :I

jayeto

Rank 0
jayeto
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:48 pm
to be honest unless im playing my medic i dont go near titan/bane (i learned my lesson on my PU).

the top dps thing needs to go... in fact whoever put it in needs to be shot -.- (kidding on that last part but you get the idea). the raid system should have been fixed FIRST before putting in raid style bosses in open world. i play on andro and not gonna lie (THIS IS NOT A BASH TO TOP GUILDS ON MY SERVER!!!) but if i see people like vix, sharrog, and etc from the top fuilds on then i just dont bother heading ther because i get NO party and even if i make one we arent beating them in top dps chart so there goes drops for my time in being there. Hard we dont even get that great of exp for HELPING kill the thing. the only "nice" thing in being there is getting to kill Free Knights and POSSIBLE getting a SMALL reward for that which in my is BLAH. i can kill Free Knights in arenas and other crap, im there for titan of bane.

and bane is a QUEST MOB!!! i got the quest to kill him day ONE and ive STILL yet to complete it (which is BS since if you HELPED in taking it down ok we dont get the drops but the quest should still go as completed -.- ).

so yea put in a raid system that is great or just make titan and bane like bloodstone boss. 1. people will go since EVERYONE can get loot and 2. its still pvp and 3. you dont need to put in a raid system since we are all on the same team for the same faction problem solved. but until you fix raid system once people see from there first run they really dont get squat then its just going to pile up as more empty calls for titan/bane (and ive see it get pretty nasty in shout chat when we dont go there as RG).

royaloyalz

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
royaloyalz
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:40 am
So true, although sometimes if I know that I am not in a good DPS party I wouldn't bother with the boss as well.

I do, however, go there to kill FKs whenever I can, and I feel immense satisfaction whenever I personally caused a reset to happen on the FKs.

I am one of the lucky ones that got pretty lucky with my enchantments, so my gear is pretty decent. I have not, however, gotten much loot from bosses before. Never actually had the luck.

In any case, I do agree that it is currently a problem getting people to come help out because there is no tangible benefits to helping out.

Hope that the raiding system will be corrected and therefore implemented soon in the near future, so that more people can have at least a chance to finish Dirgebane, for example.

IGN: MissyRestia MissyRinslet (PU), MissyFianna (ME) | Guild: WhiteDawn | Faction: Royal Guards | Server: Andromeda

lukaszb.mentor

Rank 0
lukaszb.mentor
PostedApr 26, 2013 3:23 am
I got the Digerbane quest and drop yesterday. 1 pt, 2 defs, 2 shadowalkers, 1 medic and me a PU, and mabey 2 random guys not in pt. Vix came we fought, thx for that btw always a pleasure to pvp with You guys Smile, but somehow we managed to get the boss.

Frankly speaking I do it in another fashion, If I see that I`m not in the top dps pt i just stay and try to protect the people from it, You may ask what I get from it? Nice PvP action(points and tags to Razz) and self satisfaction that I helped and thatís enough for me.

If I want to do the top dps I donít do it casually like "no problem BRO letís just kill the thing" but I put up a good pt that is well geared and where people know what to do. It needs preparation, some tactics, luck and most of all work.

I really donít understand why some people think that they should get it just like that. Get geared, not some random gear you find on the way when You lvl up, find good active players to join You in an nice guild and then try to accomplish something. About 80% of the population runs around in gear with random options(that donít make any sense) with no enchants or max +3 +4 on them and they suppose they should get the drop from the bosses... I ask, why? Someone who put more work into his char, planned and prepared a good pt in advance, has a good build, with good items, took lots of time to farm the gold to get the items on a good enchantment lvl, in my opinion is supposed to get more out of the boss.

The other thing I don`t understand is some kind of global selfishness, "Nah I wonít help cuz i don`t get anything out of it", and that in my opinion is just horrible. I ask myself then "I wonder if that person is the same in real life?" :/

This is just my opinion, the raid system should consider like 2 or 3 pt that do top dmg to the boss thatís true but this has to be implemented no because the game has a flaw, it has to be implemented because the community has a flaw. And this must be implemented on them from above because the majority canít do it by their own will.

No hard fealings torwards anyone, GL and HF everyone Smile

Slayhew

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:14 am
Top dps group getting everything regarding these bosses is one of the most unbelievable **** I've seen in a game for a long time. People have already started to organize groups of 6 lvl 29 top dps classes without healers nor tanks and then they start yelling for the help of their faction to come for the boss kill completely taking advantage of tanking and healing classes. And you know what, this actually works.

And I'm an SW so my opinion isn't biased that way.

I started this game a bit over a week ago, I saw tremendous potential in this eventho I kinda just wanted to test it for some laughs with my friends. So I decided to grind to max lvl anyway, but the last two days have taught me the things about the game that completely trashes its potential. Won't be around for much longer and just want to make my opinion about the game clear.

Slayhew

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:18 am
lukaszb.mentor wrote:
I got the Digerbane quest and drop yesterday. 1 pt, 2 defs, 2 shadowalkers, 1 medic and me a PU, and mabey 2 random guys not in pt. Vix came we fought, thx for that btw always a pleasure to pvp with You guys Smile, but somehow we managed to get the boss.

Frankly speaking I do it in another fashion, If I see that I`m not in the top dps pt i just stay and try to protect the people from it, You may ask what I get from it? Nice PvP action(points and tags to Razz) and self satisfaction that I helped and thatís enough for me.

If I want to do the top dps I donít do it casually like "no problem BRO letís just kill the thing" but I put up a good pt that is well geared and where people know what to do. It needs preparation, some tactics, luck and most of all work.

I really donít understand why some people think that they should get it just like that. Get geared, not some random gear you find on the way when You lvl up, find good active players to join You in an nice guild and then try to accomplish something. About 80% of the population runs around in gear with random options(that donít make any sense) with no enchants or max +3 +4 on them and they suppose they should get the drop from the bosses... I ask, why? Someone who put more work into his char, planned and prepared a good pt in advance, has a good build, with good items, took lots of time to farm the gold to get the items on a good enchantment lvl, in my opinion is supposed to get more out of the boss.

The other thing I don`t understand is some kind of global selfishness, "Nah I wonít help cuz i don`t get anything out of it", and that in my opinion is just horrible. I ask myself then "I wonder if that person is the same in real life?" :/

This is just my opinion, the raid system should consider like 2 or 3 pt that do top dmg to the boss thatís true but this has to be implemented no because the game has a flaw, it has to be implemented because the community has a flaw. And this must be implemented on them from above because the majority canít do it by their own will.

You do realize how this appeals to players that haven't played as long as you have? It drives them away from it.

And these "Nah I wonít help cuz i don`t get anything out of it" guys can be the ones that have helped killing it over 20 times without getting anything and I understand them 100%. And it usually comes to helping the same ppl over and over again and you're never the one being helped by them. It does have an impact on attitude no matter how kind and helpful person you are in real life.

Auroura

Rank 1
PostedApr 26, 2013 5:38 am
lukaszb.mentor wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Syndicate Guild Leader

chris.aeria

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
chris.aeria
PostedApr 26, 2013 6:47 am
Auroura wrote:
lukaszb.mentor wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  

I'm pretty sure that I couldn't agree less. However, when I participate in world boss events, I never go in for the EXP or the loot. I just do it for the fun and to make sure that our faction gets it. I haven't gotten any loot from any of the raids yet, but I haven't done 100s of them either. I've done Titan now 5 times I think, and all 5 times the RGs have taken it. And I only died on two of the 5 attempts. So, I'm happy.

I haven't done either of the new bosses because this has been a busy week for me and I've hardly been in game at all.

Server: Andromeda - Faction: Royal Guard - Guild: Guardian - Name: Balina