GMStingRay

Game Master
GMStingRay
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:23 pm
I agree that the loot system needs work and it is being worked on. One thing that I did want to point out is that I was in game today and saw Dirgebane unattended at least two times. With his high number of spawns per day it is very possible for the average player to get loot from this boss.
Advertisement

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:24 pm   Last edited by akrstella on Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Re: About Titan and Dirgebane...

I need help understanding the reason for their mechanics.
speragris wrote:
Artorian wrote:
So, dozens and dozens of players of the same faction killing the PvP bosses... and only six get credit and expensive loot they most likely already have, and then sell said rare loot for exorbitant amounts of gold (1000+) in the Consignment Store?  

Lookin' at you, first rare mech to be jacked up to 1000g and permanently screwing everyone over.  

I think this post is aimed at me, I could be wrong so excuse me if so. But..
I want to make things clear for anyone who's angry at me for the mech price influx.

I once put up a Kali for 1000G on AH. Our guildie is/went on a holiday trip, so I'd pass the mech on to a different Medic once we found an appropriate one. So in the meantime I just put it on the AH as an altar for an 'impossible' price, for fun. Like, hey look at me. Here's an unaffordable mech and it's ours! (You know, in certain MMOs you put up a trash item for 999999999999 gold? Like that, except the fee would be too high.)

It was never my intention to sell it, nor did I expect for people to ever get 1000G. I heard someone was planning to buy it so I actually took it off so the person wouldn't. Quite shocking. Anyway, Murmaider doesn't sell Titan mechs/lingerie, they are deemed "Guild property" and go to our members or are stored for future use OR given to players we see in caersgate often.

Any mechs/lingerie you'll see me sell, come either from Overlord or the enemy chest (If only murmaider was there to cap it.)

But I never did or never will sell Titan loot, a lot of faction members participate to kill him and I either give it to guild members in need or give them to players outside of the guild that I know. Even lingerie.

Vix

heroex77

Rank 1
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:25 pm
GMStingRay wrote:
I agree that the loot system needs work and it is being worked on. One thing that I did want to point out is that I was in game today and saw Dirgebane unattended at least two times. With his high number of spawns per day it is very possible for the average player to get loot from this boss.  

not on valk. Fairytail mugs it every time all day

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:27 pm
GMStingRay wrote:

Mind sharing which server Stingray?

Edit: Nevermind, you said Dirgebane. I thought you were talking about the bloodstar one. Dirgebanes drops aren't valuable. Just usual enchantment stones which lector and strider can drop with more effort.

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:33 pm
akrstella wrote:
Edit: Nevermind, you said Dirgebane. I thought you were talking about the bloodstar one. Dirgebanes drops aren't valuable. Just usual enchantment stones which lector and strider can drop with more effort.  
People want dat +300 pet exp!

heroex77

Rank 1
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:45 pm
akrstella wrote:
GMStingRay wrote:

Mind sharing which server Stingray?

oh yeah. dirgebane doesn't drop anything worth the time

bscrufffy

Rank 0
bscrufffy
PostedApr 25, 2013 8:08 pm
heroex77 wrote:
not on valk. Fairytail mugs it every time all day  

While I do agree implementing a Raid feature would help for this, or with other potential modifications to the drop system to make it more friendly to common players, I do still feel the need to point something out here.

For Dirgebane from what I've seen we generally only tend to take 1 of the 2 that spawn at each hour, not counting our most populated times, keep in mind though, we have a guild of roughly 80+ members currently, that's alot of people that need to get quest completion, more than can be gotten in one go, and some higher dps people need to remain in more than one of those parties to help make sure we can maintain the highest dps count on whichever one(s) we get so those other members can get their completion. We have different members on and different times, and we don't always even end up getting it, but that doesn't stop us from continuing to help kill it.

As for Titan/Bloodstar, we don't get every single one, we've lost to other dps before, it happens. That doesn't stop us from helping kill it though, because we'd prefer another guild of our faction get it as opposed to the other faction winning. And even on some we win, we share tradable loot drops from them with other players outside of the guild who we know are actively there helping at multiple ones. And we don't contribute at all to rising Mech/Lingerie Prices, we distribute those within the guild to members who need them.

All that being said I do still agree the drop systems need work. Atleast maybe something like Bloodstar for now where AoE drops are lootable by any members of the winning Faction present.

yan_yan031210

Rank 0
yan_yan031210
PostedApr 25, 2013 8:16 pm
yeah this is one of the major problem in andromeda freeknights

Only the top DPSser will have the reward.

Thats why for those guild shouting for help in titan. Dont waste your time, coz your the only guild will be benefited after we help you defending and killing the titan.

What a Parasite! Users! Selfish! guild! you know who you are!

Auroura

Rank 1
PostedApr 25, 2013 9:04 pm
I feel the need to go ahead and contribute to this discussion. I agree that the current system for the bosses is indeed unfair to the people that do come and help. The bosses lately have been a faction effort, it's only fair that the drops should be able to go to the entire faction. Kind of like how the boss in bloodstar works.

However, in response to this yan_yan person, since I feel that post is directed towards my guild, I feel the need to respond. First off, Sunless isn't the only guild to get the drops. We just get the majority of them, I know that. I owe a big thanks to Hentai's generosity in focusing their entire guild on PvPing and killing the RG while my guild sets up a DPS party and a second party to hold off RG. I have some issues with your logic in calling us parasites, users, and selfish. I'll explain why:

1. At the end of the day, I don't really care who gets Titan, as long as it isn't the Royal Guards.

2. If I can, I give drops back to people, but understand I have 45 members in my guild. 20-25 of which are currently active in boss raids. I have 20-25 people that I need to gear, just like I'm sure most other guilds have people that need gear, and given the choice, their going to help their guild first.

3. Unlike Vix, I do sometimes sell Titan drops, but if I'm selling drops from Titan (which are usually just accessories or cybersuits) I undercut everyone so it sells faster. So I don't sell for a ridiculous amount of gold. (Granted sometimes I do only undercut by 1 bronze)

4. If my guild does something that I disagree with and it ultimately screws over our faction, I get mad at them for it. While most of the faction's mentality pisses me off, I actually DO somewhat care about the faction.

Let's be real here for a minute though. I spam shouts for help at Titan, yes. Almost every single time I do I get hit with some whispers about "What's in it for me?" Or "Only one party gets the drops I don't wanna go." etc etc. Which is fine, to each their own. But who are you to call us parasites? Until recently, our guild couldn't even secure titan without the help of other guilds, and to be fair that's still somewhat true as we do need faction support in order to hold off the royal guards. We have the members to set up two parties, why can't you? We were undergeared at one point and had to work extra hard to try and catch up and compete with other guilds. Why can't you? We put in effort into getting where we are now. If you beat us in dps, I'm not going to be mad at the end of the day. As long as the Free Knights get it, it's a victory to me. The fact it goes to Sunless is just an extra bonus. Also, at the 12:30pm Titan today, we didn't even try to secure the boss at all, we only went to kill RG. The boss ended up going to Escaflowne guild if I recall correctly. From my perspective, you're more of a parasite than we are, and I mean that with all due respect. I'm not trying to be rude.

You're more than welcome to put dps parties together to take the boss for yourself, but if my guild is doing the highest damage why shouldn't we deserve the drops? We were also in your position once. I never said I had a problem with the faction getting loot. Gear up. Get better. Get drops. The only problem I have is when I see 21093129031 royal guards pounding on us and everyone is focusing Titan...or Dirgebane....while Titan is still up. As long as people repel the RG when they need to be repelled. As long as we aren't resetting the boss on each other, I don't care. I'm aware Hentai is ahead of us in dps and they could take the drops from us if they wanted to. You're more than welcome to take the boss from us. I swear neither my guild nor myself will be mad at you for it. Man up. Your guild would do the same thing if it could. If I'm wrong, feel free to prove me wrong. Start securing bosses and start trying to pass out drops to everyone that came to help. Tell me how it goes for you. /end Elitism

And to all the Free Knights on Andromeda that DO come help at Titan: Thank you so much for helping. I'm proud of the faction..most of the times. It's true we wouldn't be taking Titan without all of you, and your support is greatly appreciated. Let's continue to **** up RG.

Syndicate Guild Leader

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedApr 25, 2013 9:44 pm
I would say to change Titan mechaning. Making him the ultimate boss by implement 4 stages

Stage 1 - 100% HP
Normal Damge, Normal Stats

Stage 2 - 75% HP
Slight Increase in damage, slight increase in stats, hp regens 2000hp per 5 sec

Stage 3 - 50% HP
Shields up giving extra boost in stats for short duartion, slight increase in damage, begins aoe damages, slight increase in stats hp regens 3000 per 5 sec

Stage 4 - 25% HP
Shields up giving extra boost in stats for short duartion, slight increase in damage, begins aoe damages, slight increase in stats hp regens 4000 per 5 sec.

Begins to target the medic >:] hahaha just kidding