Artorian

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Artorian
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

About Titan and Dirgebane...

I need help understanding the reason for their mechanics.
So, I participated in many Titan and a few Dirgebane kills, and after never getting anything, no credit nor loot, so I finally decided to ask other players, and they told me that only the top Damage Dealer and players in his/her party get credit.

Now, I wonder, why are those bosses like that? What reason do they have to give loot only to the top damage dealer's party, when you obviously need more than six players to down Dirgebane and Titan? Especially when you have dozens of players from the opposite faction coming to sabotage your faction and reset then steal Titan/Dirgebane/whatever for themselves.

So, dozens and dozens of players of the same faction killing the PvP bosses... and only six get credit and expensive loot they most likely already have, and then sell said rare loot for exorbitant amounts of gold (1000+) in the Consignment Store?

With that in mind... what reason is there for the average player to participate in said events when it's basically the same player's team winning every time?

EDIT: Said average player, mind you, usually walks out of those fights losing a bit of gold, by using hypovials, or experience/rank points, if they die to the Boss' attacks or by an opposing faction's player.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:31 pm
Gotta be the top dpsing party on both. Kind of ironic how certain groups beg for help and only they get drops ♥

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:33 pm
Honestly, it's more of a raid thing I think. If raids were implemented every raid (30 players) would have a chance at loot. And there'd most likely be two raids if everyone teamed up. So you'd have some competition between your own faction and with the enemy.

FoxiVix (SE)/ViciouxVix (DE)
<Murmaider>

FoxiVix PvP Take 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFKs_GAwXg
FoxiVix PvP Take 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLFYE7Gklk

Retired.

foxytemptation

Rank 0
foxytemptation
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:39 pm
Its a sucky system That would be better if the raid feature was fixed
so in a way 4 parties would get the loot, but considering how little the bosses drop in terms of items amount doesn't seem fair.

Kittymix's picture of the raid
[img]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fa05g0&s=4[/img]

speragris

Rank 0
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: About Titan and Dirgebane...

Artorian wrote:
So, dozens and dozens of players of the same faction killing the PvP bosses... and only six get credit and expensive loot they most likely already have, and then sell said rare loot for exorbitant amounts of gold (1000+) in the Consignment Store?  

Lookin' at you, first rare mech to be jacked up to 1000g and permanently screwing everyone over.

senelguardian

Rank 0
senelguardian
PostedApr 25, 2013 6:57 pm
foxytemptation wrote:
so in a way 4 parties would get the loot, but considering how little the bosses drop in terms of items amount doesn't seem fair.

Mainly This^ When Squad/Raid option finally comes out, there will be a lot more people doing Bosses and have a fair chance to get loot.

marcLonggun

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:01 pm
senelguardian wrote:
foxytemptation wrote:

Mainly This^ When Squad/Raid option finally comes out, there will be a lot more people doing Bosses and have a fair chance to get loot.  

i doubt it will change much, the highest geared guilds will have more then enough members to fully fill 1 or even 2 raid groups per boss and it will be more or less the same cept the numbers of the highest dps group will be far higher

Pet Exp /Calc Thread<p> Valk FK Bike Rally<p>Maravain - Medic Valkyrie FK

stunney2006

Rank 0
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:03 pm
I feel ya that's why I refuse to help kill Raid Mobs.

Artorian

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Artorian
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:13 pm

speragris wrote:
Artorian wrote:

Lookin' at you, first rare mech to be jacked up to 1000g and permanently screwing everyone over.  

Me? I'm still rocking green items on my gear since they just won't drop from bosses in the dungeons. No way I'll be able to out-dps someone with weapon, gloves and bangles all +7 and above! Plus my latency isn't that good so no way I'll ever win anything in that kind of event.

And I agree that Titan, Dirgebane and similar bosses would be much more rewarding to the average player if we had raid groups implemented. We need that implemented ASAP. o.o

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Artorian wrote:
speragris wrote:
Artorian wrote:

Me? I'm still rocking green items on my gear since they just won't drop from bosses in the dungeons. No way I'll be able to out-dps someone with weapon, gloves and bangles all +7 and above! Plus my latency isn't that good so no way I'll ever win anything in that kind of event.

And I agree that Titan, Dirgebane and similar bosses would be much more rewarding to the average player if we had raid groups implemented. We need that implemented ASAP. o.o  

Tbh, it'll only make the problem worse. Ask yourself: Who atm has most of the pivotal mechs and buffs that change the tide of a boss? On most servers/Factions, the answer would be two guilds. I know on Andromeda, one guild has at least 3, maybe 4 of the overpowered rare kalis, while it's rare to find someone outside those guilds who have it. Kali Adds about 900-1100 Attack per cast of it's special skill. In a raid, they'll be able to cast all 4 of them. In a party, they're usually limited to 1, maybe 2 casts.