Author Message

MeeeeZ

Rank 0
MeeeeZ
Joined
30 Nov 2007
Posts
42
Location
Linz Austria
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:56 pm
heroex77 wrote:
MeeeeZ wrote:
A mech I put up for already overpriced 849 gold was sold and promptly put back in the auction for 999. Two days later, as other mechs had exceeded even that price by far, the same person took it down and put it back up for 1200.
Prices are being artificially raised to disgusting heights, the rich keep getting richer and the poor stay poor and at the bottom of the loot chain. There's enough of that crap in real life that I'm not exactly keen on seeing it in a game, so I definitely vote for either a droprate increase or rare mechs being purchasable for RP, gold and medals at the PVP vendors.  


talking about me?!  


If I am, you should be ashamed.
Advertisement

heroex77

Rank 1
Joined
17 Oct 2007
Posts
273
Location
aiea United States
PostedApr 24, 2013 11:38 pm
ashamed for what, raising a 800g mech to 1000 to 1200 in a 1200~2000 mech market?

they won't increase rates or make them purchasable right now, it'd piss off the people who have them. Maybe in the cap update it'd be reasonable

another thing, drop rate wouldn't help, fairytail would just get more mechs.

bart0k235

Rank 0
bart0k235
Joined
15 Jul 2012
Posts
53
Location
Hungary
PostedApr 25, 2013 1:40 am
bowtrickz wrote:
[...]They never leave the market.  

I know at least 10 ppl who left the game with a rare Mech in his inventory. they do leave the market and not just that but when the OB started there were lots of rare Mechs in the AH. 2 days ago i saw only 2. The number of available Mechs are less and less everyday.

If you ment the AH by the word Market then yea... that one is true. Items wont ever get dropped out of the AH which i dislike.

therealfairy

Rank 0
therealfairy
Joined
09 Apr 2013
Posts
39
Location
Hungary
PostedApr 25, 2013 3:44 am
MeeeeZ wrote:
Prices are being artificially raised to disgusting heights, the rich keep getting richer and the poor stay poor and at the bottom of the loot chain.  


Seconding this, very much. People having enough gold buy all the naraks/mechs/safeguards/etc and resells them at a much higher price. You can't really do anything about it, these people were either lucky and joined the right guilds early or bought as much AP as they could.

Let's keep something else in mind though - mechs don't make that much difference. Teamwork, right skills, and high level enhanced gear do.

bart0k235

Rank 0
bart0k235
Joined
15 Jul 2012
Posts
53
Location
Hungary
PostedApr 25, 2013 5:32 am
therealfairy wrote:
[...]Let's keep something else in mind though - mechs don't make that much difference. [...]  


They do. Just a quick example of the rare-exclusive Kali buff:

_Kajimura_ wrote:

You do realize that Kali buff is party wide right? You do realize that it makes my weakest skill crit for 2k+ on players? Turns my slaughter into something even stronger than my basic ult? Allows me to 3 shot fully buffed, meched defenders with 8k hp?

Kali buff is broken no matter how you look at it, with current level cap it's way too powerful. It scales with all your % attack increases which is the sole reason for it being ridiculously overpowered.

****, we wiped a 67-man Shirley team with just AOEs and cyberclusters thanks to that buff.
Also I don't really have any trouble with rare Athena as SW Razz (Choke on a HP pot and stun lock Athena to death lol)

Stats without Kali buff:




Stats with Kali buff:




GG  

tjonsoeilen

Rank 1
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
305
Location
Netherlands
PostedApr 25, 2013 9:06 am
when the game was active, mechs were steadily going for 150-300 gold but then the population dropped so fast.

Where do most people get their mechs from? I take it, it's from Turnpike, Titan/Overlord and the rare cards?

I suppose the rare cards type drop would depend on how many players are activly playing and collecting.. so this decrease of player population seems to have effect on it

bart0k235

Rank 0
bart0k235
Joined
15 Jul 2012
Posts
53
Location
Hungary
PostedApr 25, 2013 9:23 am
tjonsoeilen wrote:
when the game was active, mechs were steadily going for 150-300 gold but then the population dropped so fast.

Where do most people get their mechs from? I take it, it's from Turnpike, Titan/Overlord and the rare cards?

I suppose the rare cards type drop would depend on how many players are activly playing and collecting.. so this decrease of player population seems to have effect on it  

Exactly. And not giving us more content will only making this worse. Nothing has changed since the alpha version except the item mall updates 'cos these events are just ****.

prh - Sentinel - RG - Valkyrie

foxytemptation

Rank 0
foxytemptation
Joined
31 Mar 2013
Posts
79
Location
United States
PostedApr 25, 2013 10:07 am
bart0k235 wrote:
tjonsoeilen wrote:
when the game was active, mechs were steadily going for 150-300 gold but then the population dropped so fast.

Where do most people get their mechs from? I take it, it's from Turnpike, Titan/Overlord and the rare cards?

I suppose the rare cards type drop would depend on how many players are activly playing and collecting.. so this decrease of player population seems to have effect on it  

Exactly. And not giving us more content will only making this worse. Nothing has changed since the alpha version except the item mall updates 'cos these events are just ****.  


Yep im getting bored as well, thinking about selling my bike since they are going to ridiculous prices on Venus and just farming BC a few times a day build up gold. While playing GW2, Tera, or LoL, and when the level cap FINALLY raises come back and actively play again.

therealfairy

Rank 0
therealfairy
Joined
09 Apr 2013
Posts
39
Location
Hungary
PostedApr 25, 2013 3:23 pm
bart0k235 wrote:
therealfairy wrote:
[...]Let's keep something else in mind though - mechs don't make that much difference. [...]  


They do. Just a quick example of the rare-exclusive Kali buff:

GG  


Hm... I really didn't know about this, don't mind that part then. My bad.

RenataDS

Rank 0
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
4
Location
United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 4:11 pm
MeeeeZ wrote:
A mech I put up for already overpriced 849 gold was sold and promptly put back in the auction for 999. Two days later, as other mechs had exceeded even that price by far, the same person took it down and put it back up for 1200.
Prices are being artificially raised to disgusting heights, the rich keep getting richer and the poor stay poor and at the bottom of the loot chain. There's enough of that crap in real life that I'm not exactly keen on seeing it in a game, so I definitely vote for either a droprate increase or rare mechs being purchasable for RP, gold and medals at the PVP vendors.  


This, I agree with this completely!

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: